COVID-19 Virus.

Phil Perry

Does anyone remember whether the triple antigen  shots were compulsory? If my parents had objected, would I still have been forced to be vaccinated? And what about the original polio shots, which I remember were quite painful? I hid under the veranda but they found me and dragged me to the vaccination centre.

I recall vaccination at infants school. We all queued up on the school verandah . We all jostled to get to the end of the queue, trying to postpone the inevitable. This was in the dark times before disposable needles were invented. They had three glass syringes. The first child got a jab (and it was a real jab). The syringe was then handed to an assistant who briefly passed the needle through the flame on a little spirit burner, before handing the still partly filled syringe back to the jabber, to jab the next victim. We were young but we were very alert, and quickly realized that as the jabbing progressed, the yelps got louder as the needles got blunter. And then we all jostled to get to the front of the queue to get it over with asap. Can you imagine the outrage today if a vaccination programme used three needles for 40 injections? And reused the syringes?

• Informative 3

I can remember the very first polio shots, it must have been 1955, because it was my 1st year in school. I was 5 yrs and 8 mths old when I started school in late January 1955, we had to start school in the year we turned 6.

Parents were given the choice as to whether their child was vaccinated with the polio vaccine - and I think this was because of the Cutter Incident, and a lot of wariness around new vaccines.

My parents elected not to have me vaccinated. Out of my class, there was only myself and one other girl, whose parents also elected to not get vaccinated.

We felt a bit like lepers, and I know everyone was really worried about polio, because it struck people down with paralysis without any warning, and it spread rapidly.

But my parents had read up about the lingering doubts about the new polio vaccine, and were not convinced it was safe. So I missed out on that first vaccine.

It's interesting to note that the "safer" Sabin oral polio vaccine was released the next year (1956) and the original Salk (injected) vaccine was abandoned. 

I never caught polio, and after the huge vaccination efforts of the mid-1950's, polio virtually disappeared.

Interestingly, when I was conscripted into the Australian Army in 1969, I had to have a dozen different vaccines - including the polio vaccine. I think I've been vaccinated for about a dozen contagious diseases, mostly tropical ones, because I served in South Vietnam. We also had to take daily doses of Paludrine when in SVN, to prevent malaria.

I've only ever caught two major contagious diseases. I avoided all the standard school diseases like mumps, measles, chickenpox, etc, multiple times - even when kids around me had it, and even when I lived with the brother and SIL as an adult, and all their boys caught those diseases.

I did catch Whooping cough when I was about 5, that was pretty bad - and very few kids in W.A. didn't catch WC in the mid-1950's, it went through the community like wildfire.

However, at age 41, I got Infectious Mononucleosis (Glandular fever), and I was crook as a dog for 3 weeks, and endured muscle pain like I've never had.

It felt like someone had beaten me senseless every day, I couldn't get out of bed, and the only relief was a daily massage from my better half (who I'd only just started living with. She probably wondered what the hell she'd taken on!)

I was taking 4 Mersyndol (powerful painkillers) at a time, to try and dull the pain, and they seemed to do little (and I hate taking pills of any kind, and still never take any pills of any kind today).

I eventually recovered, but it took several more months before I felt 100% again. I took a heap of vitamins and mineral supplements, which is supposed to help with recovery from IM.

Edited by onetrack
  • Like 2
  • Informative 2

On the W/E I had the lunatic Andrews goon squad pull me over for a CV compliance check (along with numerous others) Tried to hand over my license to the goon & even though the kid (yes looked about 12) was wearing scary I'm afraid  gloves refused to hold my thin plastic card license, how tragic is that level of fear? Had to laugh:-)

I can understand the need to be informed, but the media is Covid saturated to the point where people will soon stop listening. I play a game where I turn to the ABC News channel in the extremely rare chance that they might be talking about something else, but never have much luck.

When all this goes away, the journalists will have to re-learn their job. At present, they just keep reporting the one subject. I think it's bordering on lazy journalism.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, willedoo said:

When all this goes away, the journalists will have to re-learn their job.

Will it go away, all the counties with high full vaccination rates are now suffering huge increases in hospitalisations and illness in those vaccinated, not a goof look for the future. When you look at the success of the flu vaccine, it's not looking good when you need injections every year, yet they make no difference to the outcome for society. I've never had a flu injection and never got a cold or flu, put that down to my diet, which doesn't give viral infections anywhere for them to breed, the proteins they live and grow in, aren't in my body.

11 hours ago, willedoo said:

I can understand the need to be informed, but the media is Covid saturated to the point where people will soon stop listening. I play a game where I turn to the ABC News channel in the extremely rare chance that they might be talking about something else, but never have much luck.

When all this goes away, the journalists will have to re-learn their job. At present, they just keep reporting the one subject. I think it's bordering on lazy journalism.

That's very true, it's painful now especially with the ABC talk back segments all constantly trying to indoctrinate their listeners with the same crap daily!

Just yesterday listening to the radio a mate had on in his hangar Raf on the ABC was being a typical Journo thug when a guy was talking about the rising mental health issues at his clinic, the 'look at me' Raf didn't want to know anything (constantly talking over the guy) other than the sanitized rubbish his boss (The grubby Govt) prepares for him/them! It was painful to listen too!

I'd say a LOT of people have stopped listening to the propaganda and are going about a normal life the best they can!

Well don't fall of a ladder or anything cause there may not be any help available. I've got an MRI happening this Sunday which is a bit of a miracle..  "When all this goes away" won't just happen. It will only happen if some processes work and are made to.. While ever this$@^%! virus is about it will continue to mutate into more challenging variants.. The way we live is like a monoculture crop. A perfect medium for some BUG to spread in.  Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Yenn said:

If those who refuse to get vaccinated die, so what. At least they are no longer filling up the wards being treated.

It is just irresponsible to expect to not have a jab and still be allowed to mingle freely.

I tend to agree, but the trouble is they cannot be discriminated against

and they clog up our hospitals while they are sick.  I have family working on that front line and many are already approaching burnout. It’ll get much worse before it gets better; as the restriction are coming down the hospitals will overflow. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Old Koreelah said:

I tend to agree, but the trouble is they cannot be discriminated against

and they clog up our hospitals while they are sick.  I have family working on that front line and many are already approaching burnout. It’ll get much worse before it gets better; as the restriction are coming down the hospitals will overflow. 

Flightie perhaps you could explain how you find this funny?

• Haha 1

Well... there was a scare today. First day back in the office for everyone (in one wider team) in Tuesday, and one of my team members calls me yesterday - runny nose and a bit of congestion, so won't come in on our second day which was today). No probs.. didn't sound like COVID. Today, he calls me; he did a Lateral Flow Test and returned a positive. Has taken out my whole team. We all had to vacate.. go home and do a lateral flow test.. For me, it takes around 4 - 5 hours to get home.. Finally got home, did the LFT - negative. We have to wait for his PCR test to come back.

This is the new way of life, I guess.

Went looking to get the online proof of vaccination certificate and came across this:

https://www.healthcareit.com.au/article/bug-found-australian-government-app-generating-digital-covid-19-vaccine-certificates 

Not that it effects an honest person getting a certificate, but once again it shows that Governments have no clues when it comes to coding for online service provision. I wonder how much coding for these things is outsourced to India and Bangladesh where the coders don't have the ability to look for ways their code could be useless to the end-users.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Koreelah said:

Australia need our best and brightest in the cyber security sector. 

You won't find those in governments, to smart to be sucked in and have their abilities dumbed down to satisfy ideological and vested interests.

This has been known for a while, its Australia remember, 3rd world nation with a 1st world facade! We f*ck up so much that it's common place these days:-) We are NOT known to be the clever country despite the tag:-)

$200 buys I hear you a fake Vax passport👍

Edited by Fliteright