COVID-19 Virus.

Phil Perry

1 hour ago, ClintonB said:

Can we start a petition “ compulsory euthanasia for anti vaxer’s “

we could send it to Canberra after 10k signatures and give it a go.

since everything else can be protested or petitioned against.🙄

If you can't get them to take a needle to save their lives, how are you going to get them to take one to end it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Well, South East Queensland has come out of lockdown. It's been a little inconvenient but looks like it's done the job. For the time being.

I've been staying just outside the SEQ area but my wife was a couple of K to the east, inside the line, so stayed there with our grandkids for the duration.

Right now she's the one that's most relieved that lockdown ended. Those kids are exhausting and there was no escape until today.

Now our problem is trying to get a travel visa to enter Tasmania. Can't even apply until at least 14 days after being in the lockdown area.

• Informative 1

Everyone's getting jabbed. Here's a pic of Iran's new president getting one of their two domestic vaccines.

Iran.JPG

And not sure who this masked peanut is, but he has no idea of flag etiquette.

peanut.jpg

Edited by willedoo
  • Like 1

News coming over the market terminals over the last few days is that most US banks and other large employers are requiring their workforce to have the jab before they can return to the office. For important employees, it probably won't be an issue if they don't get the jab and work form home for ever more. But US labour laws are archaic and most employees are employed on an "at will" basis, which means they can be fired with 2 weeks notice; so that should provide a decent impetus for people to get the jab...

• Like 1

In bureaucracy we trust....

I would really like to fly to Tasmania. Because I live there.

An online application for a G2G pass is required for travel. Tas police are involved.

I filled out the application, in the only category allowed for a resident returning (returning to quarantine at home) and waited...... a week.

3 days before my flight, I received an email........

"Your request to undertake travel to Tasmania was UNSUCCESSFUL. The information provided was not sufficient to support your request.

Aaaaaaargh!!!!!

After reading the small font explanation, it transpires that my application to "return to quarantine" was unsuccessful because there is no need for me to quarantine. I had been in a low risk area.  So a G2G pass is NOT required.

BUT.......

I was reminded that less than 24 hrs prior to departure, I must make a specific online application to the Tasmanian government, to get permission to enter Tasmania. If they don't like me, I cancel my flight. This application requires me to have made a G2G application........

I just wanna go home.... I promise I'll be good!!! But this process is doing my head in.

• Informative 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, nomadpete said:

I just wanna go home.... I promise I'll be good!!! But this process is doing my head in.

As a Tas resident, you can come into Tas any time you like unless you are not a resident then you need a G2G. I know people who have left Tas and returned in the same week, they just had to prove where they had been when they arrived and went home. People down the road were holidaying in Q when they had this last outbreak and they came back via the back road and straight into Tas, as it took them almost 2 weeks to get to the ferry and all they had to do was describe where they stopped and for how long, they are pretty self contained so only stopped for fuel and always wore masks and had no trouble coming in.

I finally got an appointment for a jab, now just have to wait until they get some vaccine and they only get 10 doses at a time, very efficient. Where's the tens of millions of doses they keep bragging about they bought.

Edited by Dax
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

I'm just having a whinge about the convoluted, confusing system. There is some confusing and contradictory information out there, and there are no phone numbers to call for help.

As long as I prove I've not been in any covid risk areas or premises, I only need to.....

"Register your details to get a Tas e-Travel QR code that will be scanned when you enter Tasmania"

Which is the online application no more than 24 hrs prior to arrival.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nomadpete said:

I'm just having a whinge about the convoluted, confusing system.

It is confusing, when my lady looked like coming home, they knocked back her Tas G2G, Vic exemption and Aus exemption and didn't say why, just she didn't ft the criteria.

Learnt from the plane charter company who had a contact in Vic health, they knocked it back because they knew the flight would be cancelled. No one told us and it was a few days later she got a email from the airline saying her flight was cancelled and now no flights coming into Aus except repatriation and they are only those who can afford over $30000 for a seat.

Have to buy a business jet in Europe, get it flown here and she can come as crew. Now have to buy a lotto ticket and regret not having continued with my flying back in the 1970's, but discovered hang gliding and it was much more thrilling than flying and cheaper.

Edited by Dax

How sick(?) and how low can those antivaxxers get?

It is reported that they have developed a fake QR code app. People can scan the QR code and make it look like they have checked in, to satisfy businesses, but it doesn't send the details to the Gov't website, so trackers are unable to follow them up if there is a contamination risk. 

They deserve to catch the virus, only thing is, they'll spread it far and wide. As Jerry_Atrick stated elsewhere, this is a conscious and deliberate breach of the regulations, and they deserve the full force of the law.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Bruce Tuncks said:

I was told that ED was a side effect of the vax!

Bruce, this may help you rest a bit easier:

Can the vaccine cause erectile dysfunction?
Given the concern that COVID-19 may cause ED, you may be worried about the vaccines causing ED. Currently, the clinical trial data from the Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines show that the vaccines may cause pain or swelling where you received the vaccine and side effects like nausea, vomiting, headache, chills, or fever. But, none of the manufacturers listed any issues related to sexual health or ED in their reports.

So it appears it's the virus, not the vaccine, that causes ED.

• Like 1