COVID-19 Virus.

Phil Perry

How bloody idiotic of those protesters in Sydney causing  a massive superspreader when the state cannot get a handle on the rampant spread of this damn virus. Serves them right if they end up catching it and require ventilators, which will be in short supply, but worse, spreading it to others. Lock them all up and throw away the key.

• Agree 1

18,000 contacts now, & my little community is on that list.

BUT,  the wife & I are double vaxed. ( is that a new word ? ) .

Had a look at the ' mygov.com ', to see about a vax cert., but the 1st thing they want is a ' drivers license'.

The wife has never had such a thing, only her chauffeur.  LoL

Why do they insist on that & not on the official I D Card, which we both have, issued by the same NSW services.

Same with your credit score, no drivers license, no credit  check !.

spacesailor

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely true..

News just in on the trading terminal so I can't copy it, is that immunity fades and allows the Delta variant to get a hold according to an English study. Beijing is seeing an increase in cases and Israel, which vaccinated early, is looking down the barrel of a lockdown.

• Informative 3

I just had a thought !'

When giving any medication to our pets it's Always given by the animals Weight !.

Not so our antivirus injection. Same dose whether your 200 Kgms 0r 55 Kgms.

My ( 95Kgms )1st Astra jab : sore arm & lethargic for a couple of days, the wife ( 65Kgms )about the same !.

My daughter ( 58Kgms ) had a bad time, knocked her over for three  days ( off work ) .

question is . Why not administered according to body weight ?.

spacesailor

1 hour ago, spacesailor said:

I just had a thought !'

When giving any medication to our pets it's Always given by the animals Weight !.

Not so our antivirus injection. Same dose whether your 200 Kgms 0r 55 Kgms.

My ( 95Kgms )1st Astra jab : sore arm & lethargic for a couple of days, the wife ( 65Kgms )about the same !.

My daughter ( 58Kgms ) had a bad time, knocked her over for three  days ( off work ) .

question is . Why not administered according to body weight ?.

spacesailor

I'm not a medical expert but I believe the dose of vaccination is extremely small in any case.  It's not a medication with an active ingredient that needs to be given according to body weight, it's a delivery of some inactive coronavirus proteins so your immune system can recognise them and mount an effective defence if it comes across the real thing.

Apparently everyone's immune system is different, which explains differences in reaction to the virus.  I had fever symptoms every night for over a week after the second Pfizer shot (and I'm around 100kg).

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

3 hours ago, ClintonB said:

Had my first jab today, never even noticed needle and I hate them.

I had a lumbar puncture as a kid to treat meningitis that nearly done me in.

hopefully stays ok and no ill effects.

Had mine yesterday, no ill effects at all , worked all day on my build, but my wife was sick for a day or 2,go figure

• Like 2

Covid has had one positive - stops the JW's and mormons from knocking on your door.

Funny thing though - one of the silly buggers left a letter in our mailbox.  Wonder if they get the same brownie points for that as a home visit?

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 2

I got my 2nd AZ shot yesterday & have had no effects at all. Nothing, didn't even feel the needle. First shot 12 weeks ago I had a mild headache & woke up in the night with the chills but that was it.

The effectiveness reports are confusing as each new one seems to be different. The latest effectiveness reports against hospitalisation put AZ at 92% & Pfizer at 96% after 2 shots. Now a study in Europe of 1.3 million people has shown there is virtually no difference between Pfizer and AstraZeneca in developing blood clots. It now seems the new MRNA (messenger ribo nucleic acid) vaccines lose their effectiveness over 4 - 6 months & the Israeli study shows the Pfizer vaccine only 39% effective against the Delta strain. 

So who and what do you believe. Media hype, sensationalist and variable health reporting, political bullshit, anti vax crap and Sky News is enough to confuse anyone left who is still sane.

My wife & I were out in the front garden & a couple in their 80s who live up the road came by. They are unvaccinated and aren't getting vaccinated. Why I asked. Answer because we don't know what's in it. I asked if they'd had a Flu shot. Answer Yes. Question do you know what's in that. No answer. Then we changed the subject.

There will be lots of people with these sorts of completely irrational views because of what seems to them to be coronavirus white noise. They have tuned out & don't want to know. Well Delta reached Armidale today after Newcastle yesterday. It is on the march & is now probably unstoppable.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2