COVID-19 Virus.

Phil Perry

45 minutes ago, nomadpete said:

However, some day in the future (or more likely, some night) ED is certain to pay you a visit.

Hasn't paid me a visit yet, again it all depends on lifestyle, diet and approach to life. From my viewpoint, older ladies really appreciate older men who are not restricted is their approach to them, they are very responsive and grateful. I get more smiles and aproaches today from ladies than when young, of course playing in a band does make a bit of a difference.😎😇😁

• Like 2

The prostate  drives all of that, and when that's removed due to cancer, it's like taking the Rotax out of your gyrocopter - nothing gets up. And when the little general decides to fill the void left inside, there's nothing to see here.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, red750 said:

The prostate  drives all of that, and when that's removed due to cancer, it's like taking the Rotax out of your gyrocopter - nothing gets up.

Sadly that's true, know someone in that predicament, he says it's like being castrated. I had an enlarged prostrate a few years ago, which put down to the huge amount of alcohol drunk in the band over the years.

Then decided to stop drinking except on very special occasions as it was becoming boring and no longer handled the next morning feelings. Within 2 years of no grog at all the symptoms disappeared, this amazed the medical profession and they did a heap of tests and scans to figure out why.

No matter how much told them it was because of my lifestyle and diet, along with no grog they took no notice and put it down to spontaneous remission.

Nothing spontaneous about it, over the two years could feel the changes until realised no problems any more, not more getting up 5 times as night and spending long times with little flow. No problems now and have to admit feel so much better getting a good sleep with one excursion to the dunny in the early morning.

Still haven't got any vaccine in our area, we have long lists waiting, have been told the major states and cities will get it first

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dax said:

Sadly that's true, know someone in that predicament, he says it's like being castrated. I had an enlarged prostrate a few years ago, which put down to the huge amount of alcohol drunk in the band over the years.

I know because it happened to me. Mine was bladder cancer, but they decided to take the prostate as well to be sure. It's known as "radical cystectomy". And I don't drink alcohol in any form - beer, wine or spirits. All you are left with is a couple of useless christmas tree ornaments. You have to learn to laugh about it. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dax said:

Then decided to stop drinking except on very special occasions as it was becoming boring and no longer handled the next morning feelings. Within 2 years of no grog at all the symptoms disappeared…

My prostate issues faded away nearly thirty years ago after I took the advice of a old alternative health professional.

He said you either use it of lose it: p1ss in Morse code.

• Like 1

The inconvenient bit is wearing a prosthetic bladder

such as this:                             like this, and having to change it every couple of days,

1275060521_urostomypouch.jpg.cdfd8d71b77f2132e57d1beab3135c7a.jpg      man-applying-Dansac-ostomy-pouch.jpg.2946d00a8486bbaffbabe0801ff3c6ac.jpg  

and attaching one of these every night and sleeping like that.

urostomy_night_drainage_bag.jpg.523b3cd1b0b28bfd716c781875698ccf.jpg

1 hour ago, red750 said:

I know because it happened to me. Mine was bladder cancer, but they decided to take the prostate as well to be sure. It's known as "radical cystectomy".

My brother has the same thing from bladder cancer, but according to his wife that's all he suffers from and he's 15 years younger than me.

Here's a rather sobering article, seems they're are tracking 31 mutations of the virus and one is so bad it's making the fully vaccinated sicker than unvaccinated. It's called the C.1.2 strain coming out of Africa, it's now in England, China, the Congo, Mauritius, NZ, Portugal and Switzerland.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9937851/New-Covid-variant-detected-South-Africa-mutated-variant-far.html

"A corona virus variant first detected in South Africa could be more infectious than other mutations and have the potential to 'evade vaccines', scientists have said.

The C.1.2 strain, which is linked to 'increased transmissibility', is more mutations away from the original virus seen in Wuhan, experts at South Africa's National Institute for Communicable Diseases and the KwaZulu-Natal Research Innovation and Sequencing Platform said.

• Informative 2

Both Roscosmos and NASA have had to delay work due to the Covid-19 situation. For the last three months, the Russian space agency has been donating most of their liquid oxygen produced to Covid patients. They've had to suspend rocket testing. Similar story with NASA. They've had to delay the launch of a surveillance satellite because of liquid oxygen being diverted to hospitals.

• Informative 3

The individual-rights crazies are putting others at risk, including my family.

Both my wife, my daughter and I are now fully vaccinated but we worry about our son-in-law. His Pfizer jab was cancelled long ago when the government diverted all supplies to the Sydney outbreak. He works from home and his doctor has made him wait two more week for his first jab, even though he is at risk from our daughter (her work takes her to all sorts of dodgy places).

I hope the people who survive this pandemic take the advice of Tim Minchin and do a good clean out of their prejudices and values. Perhaps they might realize how much they and and their families have been damaged by misinformation; America seems to be a prime breeding ground for stupid ideas.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tim-minchin-occasional-address-uwa_n_4017677

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Folks,

Quick warning that has come through the trading terminal: Double Jabbed Aussies urded to watch out for scam messages claiming to contain their vaccine passports - but the truth is it steals your personal information..

Apparently also reported in the Daily Wail (er, Mail).

• Haha 1
  • Informative 1

My guess is QANTAS is speaking with the federal government and the intention is to open up a bit more when the vaccinations are "sufficiently" rolled out: https://www.qantas.com/gb/en/travel-info/travel-updates/coronavirus/qantas-international-network-changes.html?int_cam=gb%3Aen%3Ahomepage-promotion%3Acoronavirus-travel-update%3Aen%3Aflights

Of course, all subject to change and depending on the variants resistance to the existing vaccines.

Interesting times to come.

• Agree 1