UFO's

Dax

My life partner has often shown signs of some preminition, enough for me to suspend my skepticism. I suspect that kids and women are more likely to have less resistance to paranormal forces. Those living closest to nature seem also to be more “open” than those of living with lots of technology.

Cursed with a fairly mechanical mindset, I’ve only experienced one clear preminition and because I ignored it, my pup was killed.

I have witnessed someone demonstrate unexplainable far vision power.

• Informative 1

I used to think like Dax, but how about these facts:

1. Life on this planet was likely, but intelligent life is not....   dogs etc are as smart as they need to be. It took the extinction of the dinosaurs for our ancestors to get going, and even then we are still a very unlikely outcome.

2. The moon keeps our seasons even, and without the moon, agriculture would never have developed.

3. We may easily be the only technical civilization in our galaxy. The chances of a double-planet in a stable orbit in the goldilocks zone is too small to calculate.

4. We have only been technical for a hundred years or so, and may not be for much longer.

5. Only second-generation stars will have metals etc....  there has not been as much time as may be thought for advanced civilizations to develop.

Yes, I too have heard stories of inexplicable things from reliable guys. But as has been said, the invention of camera-phones has sure reduced the number of sightings. Just as how our scientific age reduced the number of religious encounters. Hundreds of years ago, encounters with angels etc were common. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

There are lots of stories on soshul meja quoting former NASA astronauts and Russian cosmonauts telling tales of objects seen and photographed from the ISS or Apollo missions etc., including Michael Collins and Buzz Aldrin, but which have been classified and suppressed by their governments, and only now being leaked long after they have retired.

You talk about the proliferation of cameras and smart phones. For want of anything better to watch, I have been watching a series on the Foxtel Animal Kingdom channel called Finding Bigfoot, in which a group of people calling themselves the Bigfoot Research Organisation (BFRO) who travel around (including Asia and Australia) researching Bigfoot/Saschatch/Yowies. They hold town hall meetings across America, asking residents to raise their hand if they think they have seen or heard a bigfoot. Sometimes 20 or more raise their hand and are interviewed about the location and circumstances of their encounter, then the team spend the night in those locations hoping to come across the creatures. They use night vision and IFR cameras, position motion sensor activated cameras on trees, etc., and although capturing "possible" images at long distance, have not yet photographed one. The reported sightings are recreated using CGI, but nothing actual. AS the late comedian Mitch Hedberg used to say, "Bigfoot is blurry." They come across large footprints up to 18 lean-to shelters made of branches, beds made of long grass piled up, bones of animals killed and eaten, (a favorite trick so they say, is for the bigfoot to break the leg of a deer or other animal so it can't escape.) But never any bones of deceased bigfoots.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, red750 said:

But never any bones of deceased bigfoots.

That just about closes the book on these things being real. According to reported "sightings" these things are solitary animals. That would imply that there is no concept of at least a family group having a memory of a deceased member. That's a common thing in many animal and bird species. So if one of these things dies, its bones should be found, even if scattered around. In most cases you will find that these "creatures" are the boogeymen of the culture whose function is to be a source of warning to children to protect them from unsafe behaviors. 

• Like 2

Hang on! What if aliens enjoyed dropping in to Planet Earth to feast on their favourite delicacy? - Yowie remains!

The aliens always leave the site where the Yowie carcass was, clean as a whistle! - This surely explains a lot, doesn't it??  :cheezy grin:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There was a story on the Channel 7 Spotlight program last night about UAP's (unidentified aerial phenomena) featuring some scientific and military experts who said they are certain there is extraterrestrial activity long known to the US government, who have kept it secret. One of those experts was Dr Michio Kaku (below), Professor of Theoretical Physics. I have recorded the whole show to watch later as it overlapped another program I wanted to watch but not retain
. However, it featured quite an amount of video footage to support these experts opinions.

1763086261_DrMichioKaku.thumb.jpg.b7102205ba8ce054170cc8a3607ef678.jpg

• Informative 1