UFO's

Dax

It certainly looks like a couple in the sepia tone photos could be humans in costume, but the others definitely don't look human. Thr artifacts bottom left are Mayan, lower right Egyptian. You see trail camera photos and videos of the silver-grey spindly looking creatures, some extremely small, like a kitten. Others in dash cam footage on roads and highways, usually at night. Some move spider-like, as if unable to stand on two legs.

• Like 1

If there are aliens wandering around, it's surprising that they seem to have no trouble breathing our corrosive alien atmosphere (assuming they need to breathe), coping with our gravity (those slender little ones would probably be on their hands and knees), contending with our lethal microbes, which even we can't always overcome, and if they had the misfortune to meet an average American there's a fair chance they'd be shot.  If we went to their planet, how would we fare just stepping off our spaceship and mingling inconspicuously with the locals. Not too well would be my guess.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

1 hour ago, red750 said:

It certainly looks like a couple in the sepia tone photos could be humans in costume, but the others definitely don't look human.

I should go easy on the Gatton jokes. I went to the Ag college there and there was always an ongoing thing going between the college students and the locals. Web footed jokes about the locals were all the go. There is a certain amount of truth in it. A mate of mine who was born and bred in the Lockyer Valley told me there were genuine hillbillies further up in the hills from where he lives. He said they only come into town a few times per year, and have their own odd dialect of English with quite a few German words thrown in. Probably half the population in that whole area are of German descent going back several generations, but apparently it's only the ones right up in the hills that speak like that. They probably only come into town when they need new banjo strings. A bit like a place in Tasmania I know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, willedoo said:

A bit like a place in Tasmania I know.

"Black Bob's" was it?

My maternal grandfather was a Singer sewing machine travelling salesman.  He told my mum once that he'd seen a place where the teenage kids all shared one room, with barbed wire through the middle to separate the boys side from the girls. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Marty_d said:

My maternal grandfather was a Singer sewing machine travelling salesman.  He told my mum once that he'd seen a place where the teenage kids all shared one room, with barbed wire through the middle to separate the boys side from the girls. 

He must have worked up around the Mathinna area.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Old Koreelah said:

Are they bowing to the inevitable exposure of incontrovertible evidence,

My problem is that there is no good-quality evidence. I would love it if there was but there isn't.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, octave said:

My problem is that there is no good-quality evidence.

I didn’t express myself too well.

I’m not saying that incontrovertible evidence is about to emerge, but speculating about the Pentagon’s motives. 

15 minutes ago, octave said:

I would love it if there was but there isn't.

If UFOs turn out to be alien, things would sure get interesting, but maybe not as we’d like. 

Think of how you'd react if you’d been secretly studying a nest of dangerous snakes, then they discovered you nearby.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, red750 said:

This is clearly a joke 

With my skeptical hat on I would be wondering that given all the other people filming this, there surely be numerous videos from other vantage points.   This looks like it is over a built-up area.  Literally, thousands of people would have been able to see this. Where are thousands of eyewitness reports.  On the other hand, you would surely agree that in the world of CGI, this is not particularly difficult to produce. My son has a computer games development company and his particular field is 3D animation.  He did compositing like this even before he studied 3D animation.

I am definitely not saying that other life forms don't exist in the universe however I maintain that there is no good quality evidence of visitation.   

Edited by octave
  • Like 1

Just look at the number of people who witness meteorites ! .

Unless there's a Big bang , no one looks up from their phone to See the sky .

its bad enough they don't look left or right before stepping into the roadway.

I with my son-in-law saw a Big bright meteor, but no one in NSW saw it .  only South Australia reported it.

( it could have been '' Enterprise ''  returning .

spacesailor

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, spacesailor said:

Perhaps ! They are our ancestors . 

OR .

WE ARE THEIR FOOD

Just checking to see if it's Harvesting time . LoL

spacesailor

That explains why they haven't made contact with humans. They aren't likely to want to talk to their dinner.

Do they have a book called "How to Serve Man" ?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, spacesailor said:

Unless there's a Big bang , no one looks up from their phone to See the sky .

Meteor blazes across north Queensland sky

"Footage captured on smartphones, dashcams and security cameras by businesses and residents from Cairns on the east coast to Normanton on the Gulf of Carpentaria circulated on social media on Sunday, showing a fireball growing rapidly in size as it approached the Earth, followed by a blast of greenish-blue light.

Colour footage captured by Cairns airport showed the sky lighting up green and then yellow as the meteor approached just after 9.22pm on Saturday."

There has never been a time in history when there have been so many image-recording devices.  Mobile phones, CCTV, dashcam, doorbell cam, etc. Also, we are monitoring space junk and I believe we can track objects down to 1cm  At any one time are large numbers of sensors and people observing the sky.

The skies are also full of aircraft 24/7.

Screenshot2023-06-07173009.thumb.jpg.8cb3512d94a69b4c7a3a3c3ac979b5f2.jpg

So-called UFO (or UAP) videos seem to come in 2. types The more common and perhaps understandable ones are of objects in cameras (often military night vision) that appear to be ill-defined and seem to behave erratically.  Just about all of these have been explained and even reproduced.   Then there is the stereotypical hovering saucer sometimes accompanied by some kind of alien (usually green and stereotypical).   These hovering disks never seem to be filmed by more than one person and filmed from a different vantage point.

According to NASA, there are very few sightings for which they do not have an explanation.  This does not imply aliens, however.

NASA shares findings of its first report on unidentified objects

"The US government has, in recent years, centralised its system for reporting UAPs (don’t call them UFOs!).

As a result, the Pentagon now receives between 50 and 100 reports every month. But only between 2 and 5 per cent of these are “really anomalous”, Dr Kirkpatrick said.

And that’s usually more to do with a lack of data than any strange behaviour, he added.

“For the few objects that do demonstrate potentially anomalous characteristics, AARO is approaching these cases with the highest level of objectivity and analytical rigour."

I do believe that life is likely to exist elsewhere in the universe in fact when my computer is idle I have an app called SETI at home which utilizes some of my computing power to search through signals looking for patterns that may indicate a deliberate transmission from beyond earth.  https://setiathome.berkeley.edu/

We do need to be open-minded but not so open-minded that our brain falls out.

• Like 2