UFO's

Dax

Min Min lights: Is there a scientific explanation for the mysterious phenomenon?

"Two of them came down in front of me and then suddenly shot off. I was in awe"

Just because we see something we cant immediately understand or identify doesn't mean that the explanation is of an alien origin.  My understanding is that some Aboriginal folk believe Min Min  lights are dead relatives. This seems like a leap in logic to me at least.   I certainly don't rule out visitations however first I would need to rule out natural phenomena before getting to the less probable explanations.

I have an old friend who is a Christian and in the past he has told me that he has literally had a conversation with Jesus.  I consider him an honest person and I imagine he truly believes this conversation did take place.    I however can see no evidence.    You can find people who claim to have been abducted by aliens or who have seen ghosts or claim to be in touch with the "other side"  For me at least I can not 100% rule any of these claims out but on the balance of probabilities and until there is compelling evidence I remain skeptical.

Whilst in the past hard evidence may have been harder to come by I would have thought that today we would have more good quality footage (over 6 billion connected smart phones).    I am sure many people may be too shocked to get it together to film the occurrence, but I imagine many would.    People film themselves being evacuated from burning aircraft so it stands to reason that someone would film a "visitation"

Here is an interesting video on ball lightning and other lightning phenomena such as "red sprites"    

Ball Lightning: Weather's Biggest Mystery | Answers With Joe

I guess my position is that our atmosphere is full of phenomenon that are rare and poorly understood.  To solve a mystery we ought to start with the common and mundane and through a process of elimination work our way towards the more spectacular ex[planation.

People sometimes fabricate stories intentionally and others embellish either knowingly or unknowingly.   I think we all tell stories of past incidents in our lives and each time we tell the story  we add a little.  How often do witnesses to plane crashes claim that fire was streaming from the engine before it crashed only for investigators to find no evidence of fire. Humans are notoriously bad at giving witness statements.

• Agree 2

I was under the impression the Min Min lights were refracted light/s from far away. The Fata Morgana effect gives a good explanation.

https://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/s818193.htm

Re the spiritual experiences - my father, who always possessed strong Christian beliefs, ended up working during the Great Depression, in God-forsaken station country, primarily at a station called Doolgunna (now abandoned and reverted to a State Nature Reserve), which is about 120kms NNE of Meekatharra.

He spent 4 years working for the station owner, and then spent another 3 years doing contract water boring for a company called "The West Australian Boring Co." He operated a trailer-mounted percussion drill rig run by a big stationary engine (Ronaldson Tippett or Southern Cross, I can't recall exactly now).

He spent a lot of time working on his own, doing hot, dangerous and lonely work - with resupplies of food and necessary items only going out to him about every 3 weeks. Obviously, as a single man in his prime (late 20's/early 30's), he started to feel the loneliness and the grind of the very remote work. 

He told us one day, he was in a bit of a depressed state, sitting on a rock, and wondering what to do, and where to go next - when he distinctly felt a hand grab him firmly by his shoulder (he said he could feel the fingers digging in), and a force from this hand turning him around to face the South, and voice speaking to him clearly, which voice said just two words - "Get out".

He told us how he nearly dropped from fright, and was initially convinced he was hearing and feeling things in his imagination and loneliness, in this extremely remote location.

But as he reflected over the next few hours, he said he realised it wasn't his imagination, and he really did feel that hand and hear the voice - as the Bible has references to angelic beings who roam the Earth, and who sometimes take human form, and people have sometimes entertained angels "unaware". (Hebrews 13:2)

https://biblehub.com/hebrews/13-2.htm

Dad told us, shortly after that experience, he threw in his contract with the West Australian Boring Co and left the Murchison for good, and headed back to Perth - where he found work in his trade as a painter. Within a short time, he met my mother, and they married quite quickly, and lived as a very dedicated married couple for just under 50 years, until melanoma claimed Dad at 81.

• Like 1

My mother lived in Benalla and had a numer of medical issues, particularly after my father died. On one occasion she was being rushed to Wangaratta Base Hospital, when she said she felt "a presence" which told her to relax and be calm, everything would be OK. She settled back, got to the hospital and was treated. She returned to her unit a few days later.

• Informative 1

I've had plenty of premonitions that are 100% real at the time. People and animals in them are often totally unfamiliar to me, (resemble no one I know) but are in high detail. Your mind is a thing of mystery. I haven't put it down to any God thing but I would have when I was about 20. and more influenced by what I'd learned at church . In retrospect I now view that as indoctrination though I can still quote many passages from the Bible I don't see them as the word of god..  Nev

• Informative 1

SWMBO was brought up in a strong Catholic family, but she drifted away from the Church and has nothing to do with them now, and doesn't call herself "Christian" - and I think she has doubts about whether there's a God, as the Catholic Church preaches. But she possesses plenty of attributes that one could call very "Christian". Honest as the day is long, non-judgmental, and has integrity like no-one I've seen. 

However - and she never told me this for over 20 years (she's very good at keeping secrets) - but she revealed to me one day, that the first time she met me (I'd engaged her as a real estate salesperson, to give me a property valuation - and I was very nicely dressed) - that while I was talking to her, she actually heard a voice say to her, "you will marry this man".

She said she mentally replied to the voice, "BS! I don't want a man!" (she'd been divorced for 14 yrs) - and the voice came back with a stronger response, "you will marry this man!"

Now, I never heard anything, and I didn't even notice that she was being talked to, by someone "off-stage"! But she told me - the voice was clear, it was strong - and she heard it twice!

Well, the upshot is, we didn't actually get married. But I offered her a dinner date that day (because I was a bit smitten by her beauty, and her happy nature) - and she took a whole THIRTY days, before she called me back, and took me up on the dinner date! She tried to tell me, it was because she didn't feel like cooking that night - but I know otherwise!

I started paying her daily visits right after the dinner date, and we "shacked up" within a fortnight! We've been together 32 years this year, and I guess we're as "married" as anyones going to get! 

Edited by onetrack
  • Like 3

While my mother was raised in the Presbyterian Church and brought us kids up to go to Sunday School, I doubt that she had been in a church other than for weddings, funerals or baptism for over forty years. But she said that the "visitation" calmed her, and she no longer feared dying.

• Informative 1

Nev, I'm not sure what you're calling "premonitions". My perception of premonitions is when someone becomes highly aware that a major event/accident/disaster or danger is going to happen, long before it does.

I can remember a story where a woman had a premonition that the aircraft she was about to board was going to crash, and she became almost hysterical, and refused to board it. The people in charge of boarding convinced her the aircraft was safe, and she was just becoming overwrought with unnecessary worry.

So she calmed down, and they convinced her to board, after half an hour of talking to her. But not long after the aircraft took off, it crashed, and there were no survivors!

When I was quite young, I used to have fairly constant deja vu experiences - sometimes once or twice a week. I wouldn't call them premonitions, but I would end up knowing what someone was going to say for the next couple of sentences - or I'd know what was going to happen in the next minute or so, surrounding an event I was currently in.

It was a little unsettling, but I seemed to lose that ability as I entered adulthood (late teens/early 20's). I've experienced the odd deja vu experience in adulthood, but not for a long time now.

Strangely enough, I was discussing this with my better half tonight, and she revealed she had experienced the same as a child - and she had experienced quite a number of deja vu events, in the last year or so. 

• Like 1

There's something weird about infants and and what one might call the Spirit World, for want of a term. I saw it with my grandson. When he was only months old, he was living with us. There was a photo of my wife's father on teh wall. Her father had passed away twenty years previously. We noticed that there was some sort of "communication" between our grandson and his great-grandfather. There was nothing in the picture in the way of bright colours or bold shapes. It was your usual type of picture of a person.  The strength of this connect fades as the infant becomes a toddler and then a pre-schooler. Perhaps as we get old this connect breaks through the noise of our adult thoughts and we call it deja vu. Perhaps there really are people who never broke the connection and are genuine mediums. 

• Informative 1

No It's still happening for me. It's quite scary so much that I often don't make my concerns public as many have been  prophetic.. I obey feelings to look "somewhere" when I get them. It's been to my advantage to heed them. Too many to just be co incidence.. You don't have to know all about electricity to turn a light on.. Nev

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, facthunter said:

Too many to just be co incidence.

I don't see anything weird about that. Maybe you are one of the people who never broke the connection and are genuine mediums. 

Or would you say that it could be you are very experienced in summing up people and situations so that the decision you make today turns out to be correct tomorrow?

No it doesn't involve any person directly. Its physical events. There's always people I don't trust and check everything they do or keep away from them. but I consider it separate from the things I'm alluding to.. It's HARD to know but the only thing I can offer is my mind is open to many things. A time shift seems to be part of it. I don't normally mention this stuff but we have a good group here at times. Nev

• Informative 1

I remember reading a theory on deja vu that it is possibly a neurological hiccup, where the brain does a double take on information. When it becomes aware of something, that the data has already been received and locked in memory a split second beforehand. That way, the brain thinks it's experienced the situation before.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Your Brain , Your eyes  and your hearing will try to makes sense of it all and fill in missing bits if it has to.  You can be staring at a piece of the road or sky and not see something there. Ask any motorcyclist with  a bit of road experience. Nev

• Agree 2

I had a Ghost, pointed out to me.

You had to be in the right place at a certain time & day of the year !.

And there it is,

The old ' Cocky ' leaning against the fence post.

Grab,d my camera ,

and ,

Got a good picture. 

If you enlarge it you can see through the entity.  Otherwise it looks like that cocky is actually there.

I never could work out that ' optical illusion ',

Walk towards the cocky & he suddenly disappears.  Back up & he,suddenly appears again.

Spotted two years in a row. 

Now someone else lives in that house.

spacesailor

Edited by spacesailor
Spelling
  • Informative 1

Too murky a video with no depth perception, and the lights could've just as easily been fireflies right above the camera. It amazes me that everyone has a phone camera or GoPro that can take high definition photos of people doing mundane and stupid things - but when it comes to these "exciting" UFO photos and videos, the imaging is always blurred and murky. Yep, virtually every one of them. What an amazing coincidence.

• Agree 1