UFO's

Dax

Goes back to 2014, so it's been around for a while. Who knows whether it's genuine, but I'm skeptical. Trees in the area where the `ufo' is are surprisingly unsharp, so I suspect there's a bit of fakery going on.

Edited by rgmwa
  • Agree 1

Why would aliens possess a near-human shape to us? - and resemble the figure shapes in popular UFO drawings? That's the part that makes me suspicious.

The blast from the underside of the flying saucer seems a little too coincidental with a rocket-fuel type exhaust blast. The depth perception is not easily judged, it could easily be a manufactured toy that is made to look huge. 

All the "genuine" UFO reports indicate propulsion with no visible sign of exhaust or propulsion. Or they possess amazing colour changes. The only UFO I have ever sighted (which was also sighted by several other family members, travelling in a different vehicle to me, and about 500M further behind, so they had a different angle of view), was initially much larger than a house, was an incredible brilliant green fluoro colour, it light up instantly, flew upwards instantly at a speed that made U.S. space launch rockets look like snails - and it disappeared into the stars, reducing to a pinpoint, within 4-5 seconds.

It truly was an astonishing event, and "out of this world". And I spent 30 years in remote rural and goldfields areas, spending many hours out there in the darkness, and I have only ever encountered one event like it, in that 30 years. However, several employees reported close events with UFO sightings that left them quite traumatised - and I believe they didn't make it up.

Then there's the UFO encounter by the farm manager at Yerecoin, W.A. in 1967 - where the UFO landed so close to his Landrover, he struggled to get the Landrover door open!

https://ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com/2012/09/cold-case-investigation-yerecoin-wa-15.html

• Informative 2

They found ONE skull that odd shape - but the website makes it appear that multiple skulls were found, and shows pictures of multiple skulls to advance the alien story. The misshapen single skull could easily be one human individual, who suffered from a peculiar disease that distorted the skull. Nope, no value in that story, IMO.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, onetrack said:

he misshapen single skull could easily be one human individual, who suffered from a peculiar disease that distorted the skull.

Like poor John Merrick?

image.jpeg.bf832aecbacf10ac47fbcaa2267ffa0b.jpeg

Explain this:

If a solid object, eg a bullet, a plane, a meteor, moves through the atmosphere at a speed greater than the speed of sound. When an object moves through the air, it makes pressure waves in front of and behind it. The bow waves (front) and stern waves (back) are created by an object as it moves through the air. These pressure waves travel at the speed of sound. As an object, such as an airplane, travels faster and faster, the pressure waves can't get out of the way of each other. They build up and are compressed together. Eventually, they will form a single shock wave at the speed of sound.

So how come  these supposedly solid UFOs can fly upwards instantly at a speed that makes U.S. space launch rockets look like snails - and it disappear into the stars, reducing to a pinpoint, within seconds? Not doubting  onetrack's encounter but if the object apparently obeyed many other Laws of Electromagnetics, why not the laws of sound? Perhaps the object was an electromagnetic phenomenon, like a hologram.

• Like 1

Good point, OME. I've never heard anyone mention that any UFO sighted, made a sonic boom as it sped away at warp speed. The object I and other family members sighted, defies any logic, knowledge or understanding of our Earth-related natural and defined laws. That's what makes it even harder to try and convince people that you saw what you knew you saw.

I've never been into UFO's and always treated most peoples sightings with the normal healthy degree of skepticism - but the light I sighted certainly made me consider that perhaps genuine UFO's are real.

I know at least 5 people amongst close associates and employees who have had a "major" UFO experience - as in, it wasn't just a light or object flash through the sky over a few seconds.

Two of my employees endured an extended UFO experience (both at night, and both very large objects that came very close to them), which extended over 20 minutes or longer.

They had witnesses as well, and none of them were prone to fantasies and all went into great detail surrounding the events and none of them changed their story.

Another business associate, a rural contractor, known for his taciturn nature, sighted a UFO in the "metal" at around 4:00PM, on a clear bright sunny day, sitting in a rural roadside paddock.

It was the classic UFO saucer shape, grey and metallic looking. He stopped his ute and climbed over the fence to investigate it, such was his curiosity.

As he approached it, it simply zoomed silently up into the sky and vanished from sight. When he got back to town, he told a couple of locals about it, and they merely laughed and derided him - so he clammed up and told very few people about it from then on. He certainly never told any authorities or news media about it, and I wonder how many more people are like him.

• Like 2

I enthusiastically accept that the likelihood of life elsewhere in the universe is high.   Whether life is common or perhaps only one case per galaxy is and interesting question.   Having said that I am deeply skeptical about sightings.   I don't doubt that people have seen what we these days call UAPs (unidentified aerial phenomena).    Whether these sightings are of an extra terrestrial nature is where my doubt lies.   I don't think I have ever seen a photo or video that could not be explained.   

There are I believe 6.64 billion smart phone in the world (as of 2022).   Each one of these phones is likely to have a camera of a quality that is quite impressive compared to years gone by.  With such a coverage of good quality cameras it is surprising that there are not more photos and videos.    When a plane crashes in a built up area there are normally videos from multiple sources such as CCTV, dashcam, mobile phones and regular cameras.    Given the widespread use of smart phones, it is hard to believe that we don't better quality videos as well as video from different angles.

We are supposed to believe that these "visitors"  have a reason to visit Earth that does not necessitate making contact but that they are also incompetent at being undetected.  Perhaps Douglas Adams was correct in his science fiction comedy book "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

“teaser? Teasers are usually rich kids with nothing to do. They cruise around looking for planets that haven’t made interstellar contact yet and buzz them.” “Buzz them?” Arthur began to feel that Ford was enjoying making life difficult for him. “Yeah,” said Ford, “they buzz them. They find some isolated spot with very few people around, then land right by some poor unsuspecting soul whom no one’s ever going to believe and then strut up and down in front of him wearing silly antennas on their head and making beep beep noises. Rather childish really.” Ford leaned back on the mattress with his hands behind his head and looked infuriatingly pleased with himself.”
 Douglas Adams, The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Most likely because I opened one of these types of pages out of curiosity, I have them regularly appear on my Facebook listed "Suggested for you". Usually about some NASA conspiracy to hide information, or "classified" photos released by someone, showing structures etc on the moon or Mars.

https://news.xemtin3s.com/new-structures-on-the-moon-the-guαrdιαn-stαtιon-4/

Fills in a quiet evening.

I think the problem is, the genuine UFO spotters, the quiet, reserved types, are drowned out by the attention seekers, by the conspiracy theorists, and the outright UFO loonies. There have been a large number of fake sightings and fake photos, and I have no doubt they'll keep coming - thus making it hard to separate out the genuine sightings.

I can recall when I was a youngster, I think it was the early 1960's, a local panel beater bloke decided to have some fun. He and a mate threw a Customline hubcap in the air, snapped a shot of it whizzing away - and told the local newspapers they's spotted a UFO.

Well, the media promptly went berserk, and amazingly, even the overseas media picked up the story, and started organising to send their top journos to go and meet the UFO spotters, to get "exclusive" interviews.

The panel beater bloke and his mate obviously started crapping themselves, at the commotion they'd created that was originally just for a local laugh during a slow time at work - so they spilled the beans within about 2 days, after a lot of awkward media questioning, which obviously to them, was soon going to blow up in their faces. 

The media reported that it was all a hoax before any overseas media personnel arrived, and everything went back to normal within a couple of days - but I bet those blokes had no idea their simple stunt would explode into global news, and generate such massive attention.

I've just found that there's online records of these blokes and their stunt - and my memory is a bit faulty. It was 1969, there were 3 panel beater blokes involved, and the item they threw in the air and photographed was 2 Mr Whippy icecream containers welded together. Facebook has an original film clip of them being interviewed by the media - Google "Maddington UFO hoax, 1969".

4 hours ago, onetrack said:

Good point, OME. I've never heard anyone mention that any UFO sighted, made a sonic boom as it sped away at warp speed. The object I and other family members sighted, defies any logic, knowledge or understanding of our Earth-related natural and defined laws. That's what makes it even harder to try and convince people that you saw what you knew you saw.

I've never been into UFO's and always treated most peoples sightings with the normal healthy degree of skepticism - but the light I sighted certainly made me consider that perhaps genuine UFO's are real.

I know at least 5 people amongst close associates and employees who have had a "major" UFO experience - as in, it wasn't just a light or object flash through the sky over a few seconds.

Two of my employees endured an extended UFO experience (both at night, and both very large objects that came very close to them), which extended over 20 minutes or longer.

They had witnesses as well, and none of them were prone to fantasies and all went into great detail surrounding the events and none of them changed their story.

Another business associate, a rural contractor, known for his taciturn nature, sighted a UFO in the "metal" at around 4:00PM, on a clear bright sunny day, sitting in a rural roadside paddock.

It was the classic UFO saucer shape, grey and metallic looking. He stopped his ute and climbed over the fence to investigate it, such was his curiosity.

As he approached it, it simply zoomed silently up into the sky and vanished from sight. When he got back to town, he told a couple of locals about it, and they merely laughed and derided him - so he clammed up and told very few people about it from then on. He certainly never told any authorities or news media about it, and I wonder how many more people are like him.

ok, I fess up. I've seen one as well. What it was is anyone's guess. All I know is that it was flying, by it's flight pattern it must have been an object, and myself and the mate who both witnessed it couldn't identify what it was. Therefore it was a UFO.

It was a light at night, far enough away to be just a light and no shape distinguishable. Very much like an aircraft flying at night in the distance. Between the two of us, we never took our eyes off it and were cross checking with each other as to what we were seeing. The light was white and we never saw any port/starboard, nav lights or anything else, just a constant white light.

At first we thought it was a plane until it appeared stationary, then moved around a bit. That's when we thought it must have been a helicopter. The helicopter theory died when the light suddenly traversed a large section of the sky very quickly and on the horizontal plane. It traversed many times faster than the ISS going over, or the old shuttles. It would do that and then hover around again for a while, before doing another rapid traverse of the sky. It wasn't until much later that I found out that was a common theme of UFO sightings, the rapid traverse across a large distance of sky.

It probably did that sequence three or four times, super fast horizontal traverse followed by a bit of hovering about. Who knows, maybe they were space hoons doing an extra terrestrial form of burnouts. The whole sighting lasted about ten minutes until the light took off upwards at a great rate of knots, going faster and faster. As it got faster, it got a red glow, then very bright white as it exited the atmosphere about the speed of a shooting star. Some time later, I described it to a surveyor bloke who was an amateur astronomer. He said meteorites can sometimes appear to shoot inverted like that due to some type of atmospheric conditions causing refraction or whatever, making it look like it was going up instead of down as they really do.

That's fair enough, but it doesn't explain all the other stuff the light did before impersonating an upside down meteorite. As said previously, the mate and I never took our eyes off it and double checked with each other what we were seeing. And yes, we were sober. And no, we weren't two normally sane people who by pure coincidence went temporarily insane at exactly the same time, for the same duration, then made an immediate mental recovery. I don't know about the other bloke, but I've rarely discussed it with anyone. The reason is that skeptics are skeptics are sceptics. Until they experience it themselves, a lot of sceptics will respond by putting shite on those who have. It's probably the nature of human vanity - I haven't seen it, therefore it can't exist.

Having said that, that's the yeahbuts. Luckily there are some sceptics who are very open minded, and try to evaluate it with logic and common sense instead of the three monkeys approach. They are the type of sceptics to be respected. Intelligent sceptics are a necessary balance to gullibility. All I know about the sighting is that it was a flying object that was far from normal. As far as it being an alien spacecraft, I would need to see portholes to make that call.

Edited by willedoo
  • Like 2
  • Informative 1

As I said, a solid object moving at the reported speeds through should create a sonic boom. However, we tend to consider events where the object is moving in an almost horizontal direction - left to right or vice versa.  In those cases, the pressure wave is almost conical and observers hear nothing until the shock wave, on the edges of the cone, crosses their location. There is a rise in pressure at the nose, decreasing steadily to a negative pressure at the tail, followed by a sudden return to normal pressure after the object passes.

250px-Sonic_boom.svg.png

If, however, the object was moving vertically, as these UFOs are said to do, then the "nose" is the top of the object and the "tail" is the bottom. Therefore, after the shock wave has passed from top to bottom, the air pressure returns to normal which for an observer beneath the flight path means silence.

I think that explains why vertically departing UFOs don't make any noise. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Who says these “objects” have mass or obey the standard laws of physics?

Perhaps they pop into our universe/dimension for a visit then pop out again (just like Bigfoot and Yowies?).

Both my parents watched one for half an hour when I was a kid, only telling us near the end of their lives. Neighbours up the valley also saw something, but kept it to themselves; their daughter told us years later.

I carried a camera everywhere for fifty years, just in case, but not a sausage…

• Like 2

If these aliens are so intelligent, why do they walk around in an environment that contains micro-organisms that are not present where they come from. Look how one little family of viruses (COVID) devastated the natives of this planet. Have they never read H.G. Well's War of the Worlds ?, heard Orson Welles' broadcast or seen the several movies? Humans were smart enough to take bio-security measures when astronauts returned from the Moon.

And does their lack of breathing equipment indicate that our mix of atmospheric gases is universal? You'll notice in our movies involving landing on other planets that one of the first things that is done is to check that there is a gaseous atmosphere and that it is breathable for humans. 

If you apply a bit of thought to the minutiae of travelling to places you are not acclimatised to you start to question these reports of aliens being seen out of their vehicles. Not that the same argument can be used in discussing  sightings of vehicles.

• Like 1

The movements can be explained if the images of ufos are not physical objects at all but are 3d images projected from somewhere else. For example, two or three lasers based on land converging on one spot could superheat the air into a single bright spot, then move it around like a cat chases a laser pointer. I dont know what technology would be needed to make an image rather than a bright spot but it seems the only explanation that does not conflict with our understanding of velocity, gravity, inertia and so on.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

The movements can be explained if the images of ufos are not physical objects at all but are 3d images projected from somewhere else

That's a late 21st Century possibility given the availability of lasers, but can't explain the phenomenon from the middle of the 20th Century.

• Like 1

A light in the sky could have many explanations, one of these explanations could be a visitation from aliens.   There are loads of hypotheses before we get to that one.  People who see what they believe to be aerial craft behaving in odd ways never seem to consider explanations that are perhaps more mundane. The process seems to be observing something that does not appear to be an aircraft and then leaping to the other end of the scale and pronouncing it to be interstellar visitors.  

The late 1940s and early 1950s were a great time for spotting UFOs and aliens in New Mexico, primarily because that's where the Air Force was conducting some of its top-secret research. One such program was known as Project Mogul and involved floating microphone-carrying balloons to high altitudes in an attempt to pick up the sound waves generated by Soviet atomic bomb tests. The Air Force has since confirmed that a 1947 crash of one of those balloons created the debris that birthed the Roswell UFO Incident.

I used to have a colleague who was right in to the area 51 ufo thing.  He would argue that too many people had reported sighting unusual objects.    My point was that Area 51 was a testing facility for top secret aircraft.    This does seem to be a more plausible explanation for unusual sightings. This in itself does not rule out ETs but Occoms razor would suggest that considering all of the possible mundane explanations is wise before leaping to the remarkable. 

I have seen lights in the sky that I could not understand.   My assumption is that the most likely explanation is a natural phenomena or an optical illusion.  We humans fall for optical illusions all the time.  I do not rule out visitation but I have to rule out all other explanations first.

The US Navy has footage and it is being investigated (as it should be) but again there are mundane explanations. Here is an interesting analysis of one of the Navy's videos.  It is long and unevolved but very interesting (in my opinion)

Gimbal UFO - A New Analysis

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

The interesting thing to me, is that many UFO sightings and experiences don't fit the mold of the expected, "common" UFO sighting. Nearly everyone looks for a grey-shaped saucer-style vehicle zipping around the sky - but I have heard and read many experiences, that don't fit the expected UFO sighting.

One of my 19yr old employees (Barry) was out rabbit and fox shooting with a spotlight, on his fathers farm in the W.A. wheatbelt, about 9:00PM one night in the late 1970's (his father had died some years previously, when he was 13, and the farm was leased to neighbours).

He was with a 19yr old mate, and they were driving an early model Hilux that belonged to his Dad, and which was still kept on the farm. The Hilux was a petrol model and in good order.

They'd ventured up one end of the farm where there was a biggish hill, which had a gravel pit near the top of it, where ironstone gravel had been extracted for local roads.

They drove over the top of the hill, past the gravel pit (which had dirt pushed up around it, where topsoil had been pushed back and stockpiled), and drove down the other side, waving the spotlight around. Suddenly, with no warning whatsoever, the Hilux stopped dead, and all the lights went out - including the spotlight.

They were competent farm boys, and immediately suspected a faulty/loose battery terminal - so they climbed out, opened the bonnet and started checking all the electrics with a torch.

They could not find a single thing wrong. Everything was tight, clean and secure. Puzzled, they decided to set off on foot for a neighbours house about 1.5kms away. They started walking, and had only got about 250 metres from the Hilux, when the ground lit up around them. They looked back, and all the lights in the Hilux were on! - including the interior light, which they had not turned on.

Even more puzzled, they immediately commenced retracing their steps to the Hilux. But suddenly, all the lights on the Hilux went out again - and then they heard this loud humming sound - "a sound somewhat like an engine revving", said Barry. Next thing, they spotted a strong orange-coloured glow coming from the gravel pit. This light source was behind the stockpiled topsoil mounds.

Straight after that, they told us how a huge orange-coloured "spacecraft" (half the size of a house), zoomed up out of the gravel pit, and came towards them at speed, and zoomed right across the top of them, about 15-20M above their heads, and then took off into the sky behind them, and vanished! 

Naturally, they were absolutely crapping themselves by this stage, and they both ran non-stop to the neighbours place, and roused him. The neighbour said they were nearly incoherent with fear, it took several minutes for him to get them to calm down, and try to explain what had happened. After the explanation, they all decided to go back out to the paddock, so the neighbour drove them back there in his ute.

As they drove along the road to re-enter the paddock, they could see the Hilux headlights on again. They got back to the Hilux, and everything seemed just fine. The Hilux headlights were on, just as they had been, before it stopped.

They got into the Hilux and it started again instantly, as it always did. They went and checked out the gravel pit, and could not find any marks or signs of anything having been there. The neighbour said he saw nothing, he was inside the house getting ready for bed, so I guess that explains that angle. 

But the boys swore on a stack of Bibles that what they saw and described wasn't made up, and it wasn't something that could be explained away by any common item regularly seen in the wheatbelt (the moon, tractor lights, satellites, or any other normal explanation) - and their stories corresponded, and never changed.

What did they see and experience? Who knows? A secret military flying machine? Perhaps. But why would anyone operating a secret military flying machine, fly it towards humans and lights?

Wouldn't they want to keep away from humans and lights to ensure secrecy? To this day, we have just chalked this sighting and experience down to one of those totally unexplainable things that many have experienced, but which just don't make any sense with regard to what we already know and understand, in our regular life experiences.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

It pays to keep an open mind and a healthy scepticism. In the US films all extra terrestrials must be treated as a threat. IF any exist  AND come here It's unlikely they will resemble us in any real way. I suggest IF we evolved again in the same circumstances we would ourselves be totally different to what we are. Just ONE different turn along the way would alter it totally. Nev

• Like 1

Years ago when I was was an engineering student in western Victoria, one of my friends was from a farming family in the area. He said one night all the dogs on the farm started barking for no apparent reason, so his father went outside to have a look and saw a brightly lit object lift off silently from behind some trees and disappear into the sky. He was not the kind of person to invent a story like that so I accept that it happened.

Edited by rgmwa
  • Informative 1