Corona Virus - Bizzare Outcomes

Jerry_Atrick

THE CHEMIST

Is just the same, Half a prescription and full price. Pay now & hope to remember what you are owed.

YES, We've got your pills, but they are Half strength, so come back next week to Buy another box !.

Just back from there & NOT happy.

Yes we walked, & tired. sorry, should be in " gripes ".

spacesailor

At the moment, almost every thread contains gripes :rofl:

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; " are getting anxious at waiting for release

He which hath no stomach to this fight,

Let him depart; his passport shall be made,

And crowns for convoy put into his purse;

We would not die in that man's company

That fears his fellowship to die with us.

And gentlemen in England now a-bed

Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

My local skin cancer clinic has gone over to foot-operated doors, all staff in PPE, including masks, clear PVC shields for all counter staff, and all surfaces are immediately disinfected, once touched by a patient.

No-one is allowed in, if they have even a sniffle, a cough, or a cold. The whole place is declared a totally virus-and-bacteria-free zone - if you have a sniffle, you go home, and you don't come back until you're 100% healthy.

I don't know what this approach is going to do for the eventual health of the nation, we will all end up being totally defenceless against even ordinary bacterial infections, that the bodys immune system normally counters, and shrugs off.

It's ironic.

I can leave my house and go the the supermarket as many times a day as I care to in T-shirt, shorts and thongs. At the supermarket I am inside a building with lots of other people. I can handle goods whose origins and prior sanitation I know nothing about. Then I can accept printed and coined money whose immediate origins are a mystery to me.

BUT, I can't put on a pair of jeans, boots, a riding jacket, leather gloves a helmet and glasses in order to go for a ride on my single seat motorcycle in the open country.

If I break out and do it, and am stopped by the authorities, I wonder if I can claim that I'm out riding to prevent a breach of the Peace at the minimum or to prevent a domestic violence incident at worst?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As most here are not on facebook and those that are don't have access to my posts, I just posted this comment. It will be interesting to see what reaction I get.

"A lot of people are suffering mental disorders from not being able to go out, do things or be able to buy things. Welcome to a foretaste of retirement on the pension. Get used to it. "

• Like 2

I am a pensioner, and this lockdown has only affected my coffee times at some of the best coffee houses in australia(brisbane) i am still building,still looking after my grandkids,still going shopping,still going to buy stuff for my build,lockdown,what lockdown(admittingly not talking to many people life still goers on,and at 72 i am enjoying life

• Like 2

On the news tonight, the Health Department says no spectators at any sporting event this year. What about all those who have paid for yearly tickets, etc.? My daughter who is on a low income health card budgeted and saved to pay out $1200 for AFL and NRL memberships, and will lose the lot.

Yes - and both have said that they always consider applications of harship - even before COVID-19 (I saw the McGuire had on TV).

Also, it does not matter what they say in the end.. If your daughter paid for a seasons ticket and there is a frustration to the contract, then under general principles of contract law, the parties should be put back into the position they were before the contract. I am not sure on the specific laws of Aus or Vic, but surely, if they can't deliver what was contracted for, you daughter is entitled to compensation of some sort.

There's an old saying - "You don't ask - you don't get"... [EDIT And of course the other saying, "be careful what you ask for"]

Edited by Guest

...I wonder if these consults would be more emotionally satisfying if doctors used something like Skype.

Some sort of video call would be heaps better communication than just the voice link.

We regularly FaceTime the grandies, but have recently started using Zoom to include more people.

It's amazing how much more you get out of a discussion when you can set up a "Brady Bunch" call.

DO yo think the AFL and NRL would let it go there? Well. maybe the AFL would...

Small claims court (Vic) didn't cost too much and there are no lawyers.. I assume it still exists.

Also - writing a letter costs the price of a sheet of paper and stamps (may take a while to get there, so send an email as well).. Can't hurt to ask.

Just read something about the AFL trying to restart in June.

Edited by Guest

Sporting bodies seem to think they are something special and that the law doesn't apply to them. They are talking about re starting the footie season with teams from interstate travelling. I cannot see that could comply with our Qld directives for health. Maybe the sporting bodies can bully the government as they have done the police and judicial systems for years.

The New York Post reports that having testicles increases the risk from Corona virus. And elective surgery could be starting here within a week. Join the dots.

I think that having a brainless turd as president is more of a risk. US has over 40,000 deaths so far for population of 328 mil, Australia 71 deaths for 25 mil. If they had our death rate then they'd only have 931 deaths.

Of course the "my right to do whatever I want whenever I want" attitude probably has a lot to do with it to.

For all those complaining about social distancing... look at the alternative.

• Thanks 2