Corona Virus - Bizzare Outcomes

Jerry_Atrick

I used my finger on the EFPOS machine today, and the wife immediately gave me "Hand Sanitizer".

First time to shop in four weeks, still, No toilet paper !.

Had some early this morning checkout chick said.

I haven't put the clock that far back say's I.

No response.

spacesailor

My wife bought a pack of toilet paper on line. The rolls were as illustrated in the photo, but tiny. About 40% of a standard bog roll. Conned again.

You should try company

Who Gives a Crap

Been ordering from here since the begging of the year. Ours comes every 3 months but you can vary it. Costs $48 and comes in a box of 48 double length rolls including delivery. But like almost every where else they are out of stock or as they say on their site they are completely wiped out! We got our scheduled delivery on the day the great toilet paper panic broke out. Suffice to say the octave household is pretty wealthy when it comes to arse fodder. But happy to help the struggling plebs if necessary. Perhaps a trade, your aircraft looks nice

• Haha 2

The missus suggested (???) that I go down to the supermarket and do a big shop to last us a fortnight, so I didn't have to go out too much. I went down early on Sunday morning and, lo and behold!, there was stuff to buy. I only got up to the limit. When I came home and was putting the stuff away, I discovered a major dilemma.

After putting the perishables in protective coverings, I found I was almost out of Tupperware! I thought that that situation couldn't happen because the stuff was supposed to breed in the back of dark cupboards.

• Like 3

Seems reasonably good news on the virus front in Australia today. Flattening curve and the death rate remains low.

Expect it will be a while before we know if it’s good testing or good ICU keeping the death rate ratio down country by country. Italy and Spain are shockers.

USA doesn’t look too good so far. If ever I had a moment to dislike Trump and there have been many (mocking the disabled reporter is still the lowest point) it’s his dismissal of mask wearing ad now advised by his CDC. He said he’d not want to wear a mask to meet heads of state. That’s stupid when you think about Boris and various politicians including ours coming down with the virus.

I'm surprised so many cannot see it.. A lot of his supporters are well armed . The Country is divided as much as it ever was. He uses the Royal Plural "WE" constantly and twists criticism of HIM to appear be anti American. Talk about a snake oil salesman. If you do something that doesn't help him you are fired as soon as possible . Getting rid of him is not going to be pretty. Nev

Back on topic - she and I often enjoy music together. But it is wearing thin. She is playing English medieval ballads and goes crook if I put on Kevin Bloody Wilson. We have drifted to the extremes of our common preferences.

Headphones.

There is a property in Drouin Vic., with hundreds of Melbourne taxis. With the state of lockdown, no-one needs a cab, some hundreds if not thousands of cabbies out of work. Then there is the teenager who was bored sitting around at home, so got her Mum to take her for a driving lesson. Copped a $1652 fine, because driving lessons are not essential.

Shopping for the Purchased Ebay item, Have to Exercise L training driver, instead of using twice the amount of fuel, doing separate trips.

Now will get a black mark from Ebay for None picket of Ebay item.

Police stopping Driver going to pickup item, Is not a valid excuse for Ebay !.

spacesailor

A couple of bizarre outcomes:

The Easter Holiday break starts at midnight tonight (00:01 10/4/20). Anyone want to guess how many people will die in car crashes, boating/swimming accidents, and other non-workplace accidents?

It's an ill wind that blows no man any good.

Went to the supermarket yesterday and all the check-outs had perspex shields between the customers and the check-out operators. Someone in the perspex industry is making a killing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The annual road death toll in W.A. is down by nearly 25% since the virus hit - it was 41 to this time last year, this year its 31. It hasn't been that low for a decade or more.

W.A. Police are reporting a 40% downturn in crime figures, which must make them very pleased, seeing as they operate on "trends" and "numbers".

There's been a massive downturn in car break-ins, house break-ins, and general assaults. But they say they're waiting for a possible upsurge in domestic violence due to the movement restrictions.

I'll wager there's been a major downturn in drug use and sales, as the roadblocks are effectively crimping the distribution methods of drugs hidden in cars travelling only in the wee small hours.

But no doubt drugs will be getting transferred into the regular truck freight distribution network, which is the way a lot of drugs are already distributed.

The number of calls from people dobbing in their neighbours for breaching the restrictions has skyrocketed.

On a different matter, we have a friend who is a widower. His wife, a colleague of my wife, passed away a couple of years ago. Tony is from Spain, and we learned today that he has lost 9 members of his family in Spain to Covid-19.

• Sad 1

The number of calls from people dobbing in their neighbours for breaching the restrictions has skyrocketed.

Sooooo un-Australian.

Now you understand how totalitarian regimes retain power. It's not those in power who destroy a society, it's the individuals' idea of self-preservation. We have a so much higher morality than non-humans.