Corona Virus - Bizzare Outcomes

Jerry_Atrick

I bet now that Queenslanders wished they hadn't got rid of Bjelke-Petersen's law that made it illegal to associate with more than two people at the same time.

Much has been made of Queensland’s recent so-called ‘”anti-bikie laws”. However, although that is their main intention, the laws are not specifically targeted at bikies. The legislation is called the Vicious Lawless Association Disestablishment Act 2013 and ‘association’ is defined to mean any group of three or more persons, whether under the umbrella of a formal entity such as a company or club, or simply ‘associated informally’.

Ah, but your true hermit wouldn't even know it was happening, so remains unperturbed.

Good point Marty, I didn't think of that one.

A mate told me years ago of these two hermits he met living up on the beach in the Cape York area. They used to live together but had had too many disagreements so one of them moved up the far end of the beach and built his own humpy. They would then come out onto the beach at a set time in the afternoon and signal each with a mirror so they knew each other were ok. More like a hermit association.

• Like 1

" I'm not sure if it's all or nothing. I'm not a hermit, but could be described as a bit of a hermit. So maybe there's degrees of it. "

I'm in agreement with

Willedoo

Reasonably happy to be without the maddening crowds.

But

I and the wife miss our great-grand-kids. can't even pay them a quick visit

spacesailor

Here's hoping the governments are acting in our interests in a temporary manner and don't get power drunk over all this. It would be sad to lose more freedoms in the long term than necessary. As of today, all recreational boating is banned in Queensland and is being enforced by water police.

A mate of mine lives alone by the river and part of his daily exercise routine is going for a paddle on his surf ski in the river. No other people for miles around, but he will now be breaking the law. Water police regularly patrol the river, so he has two choices, give up paddling or continue and hope the police use their better judgement. I couldn't see the police worrying about his activities; they'd be too busy making sure people aren't skiing in groups.

It's a rural property and he can legally walk up and down the riverbank all day, but if he sets paddle in the water, he's a lawbreaker. I guess if the government is operating under a state of emergency footing they can make any ad hoc laws they deem necessary. I think it's just part of their move to shut down all non essential businesses and activities.

• Like 1

A guy on the TV this morning complaining about the closing of gun shops. Kochie said "You are only supposed to go out to buy food, not go duck hunting." The guy said "What if you want to shoot your own food?" FFS. We all have to make sacrifices.