Corona Virus - Bizzare Outcomes

Jerry_Atrick

Those with hairy bums will ned to have a blow job for a while before they get dry ;-)

I worked for a Japanese bank in London for a bit. On each floor, they had at least one Japanese dunny installed for the Japanese workers. Occasionally, when all the other stalls were in use, I had to use the Japanese toilet. I never availed myself to the experience of pressing all the buttons (was worried I would cause a torrent of water to flow from the loo), however, an electrically warmed seat was most uncomfortable and got me thinking that this is a good way to preserve virus life and spread infection...

Also, most viroligists believe the masks worn in public are more dangerours at ingesting the virus as their weave is not tight enough and as they become moist from the human breath, they allow an easier transfer from outside to inside the mask. The benefit though is that it helps prevent the spread from them to others when they cough as it dampens the projectile force.

Those with hairy bums will ned to have a blow job for a while before they get dry ;-)

I worked for a Japanese bank in London for a bit. On each floor, they had at least one Japanese dunny installed for the Japanese workers. Occasionally, when all the other stalls were in use, I had to use the Japanese toilet. I never availed myself to the experience of pressing all the buttons (was worried I would cause a torrent of water to flow from the loo), however, an electrically warmed seat was most uncomfortable and got me thinking that this is a good way to preserve virus life and spread infection...

Also, most viroligists believe the masks worn in public are more dangerours at ingesting the virus as their weave is not tight enough and as they become moist from the human breath, they allow an easier transfer from outside to inside the mask. The benefit though is that it helps prevent the spread from them to others when they cough as it dampens the projectile force.

Definitely don’t warm the seat! That button is switched off.

Yes on masks. I think they are mostly worn here/ Asia as a peer group pressure thing. You’re not being a good member of the community if not masked up. I’m very happy with all the masks and it’s almost certainly good protection for everyone else when you think about the no symptom transmission.

Officer: Can you describe the person who robbed the bank?

Teller: The person was short. Had straight black hair; almond shaped eyes and was wearing a surgical mask.

Officer: Think you pick the person from a line up?

Teller: Dunno. All those masked Asians look a like.

The idea of the mask is twofold, firstly to reduce thr projection of sneezed mucus and secondly to prevent you putting your hands close to your mouth. That way it prevents you getting infected. Just think how often your hand goes to your mouth and then think where you can touch to pick up infection.

The warmed toilet set would tend to kill the virus, it can't survive long in warm temperatures.

So, now the Melbourne F1 Grand Prix has been cancelled. The cricket ODI in Sydney will go ahead without spectators. AFL likely to be similarly restricted. Will those who paid out good money (lots of it) for tickets get a refund? You are more likely to catch the virus on the train going to work.

• Thanks 1

As far as I know the boxing with Jeoff Horne in April is still a goer, which seems ridiculos to me as it will be held in an indoor stadium I presume, not an outdoor arena. Supposedly it will bring in $6000000 to Townsville.

I understand that the Grand Prix Corp were left with little alternative when Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen flew out of Australia last night due to the impending suspension of many international flights to/in Europe, in addition to the state government's restriction on fans attending the Grand Prix. It would be unfair to Ferrari, Alfa Romeo and McLaren to start the season without them competing.

I don't know where Yahoo News got the story that Vettel had flown out, because he was interviewed on the Sky TV Motor Sports Channel tonight.

It will be strange watching the footy with no crowds.

It's weird watching the cricket ODI Aus v NZ with no crowd reactions for a wicket or a six.

There's some interesting comments coming in from various health experts. Some are talking about fairly drastic social isolation measures being introduced. In Queensland, they're preparing for a quarter of the population getting it. Bearing in mind that most people will only have a mild dose, I wonder if after that you would develop a bit of natural resistance to it.

I don't know where Yahoo News got the story that Vettel had flown out, because he was interviewed on the Sky TV Motor Sports Channel tonight.

It's weird watching the cricket ODI Aus v NZ with no crowd reactions for a wicket or a six.

I was listening to TripleM (Melbourne) this morning and apparently an employee at Melbourne Airport rang in anonymously and off-air to say that he or she had seen Vettel and anouther taking an early morning Emirates flight..

In the UK, Boris seems to be taking a more measured approach.. We have gone from containment to delay phases... and there was speculation of banning larger gatherings as well as closing schools, etc.. But apparenlty, it is only recommendations at this stage. The Cheif Medical Officer was quoted as saying that the spread is more from smaller than larger gatherings based on evidence (but my guess would be that would result from there being more smaller gathereing events that larger ones possibly?)

Taiwan has set the world standard for responding. They’d already flagged flights out of Wuhan region at the end of 2019 for extra testing. I was living here back during the SARS epidemic and it’s definitely a scary repeat. This time they’ve learned and acted fast. Most gyms, government departments and work places test your temperature then you hand sanitize. Took this pic last night at the entry to a local department store. (Not sure why she’s sideways. She didn’t start out that way)

7D259A62-8F44-45F5-A96F-966ACD96E2AB.thumb.jpeg.537cd6175f640e9fd843f7415b10c45c.jpeg

Supermarkets are finding new ways to limit overbuying and stockpiling. Just back from the store, and the shopping trolleys were as scarce as hen's teeth. Even the aisle for pots and pans was looking bare. Bread sold out by 10.30 am. No flour or yeast to make your own.

Received an email from Woolworths advising changes to their practices to counter the panic buying, including limiting the number or amount of some items which are being stockpiled. They have also cancelled their "change of mind return' policy, so that you can no longer return unwanted goods. The suggest that if you have excess stocks of items, that you consider donating them to low income families, neighbours or charities as you cannot get refunds/exchanges.

• Like 1

I took a break from circuits in the C172 yesterday and ducked into closest woolies.

Place had taken a beating. While shopping for fruit a woman in the next isle started coughing. I noticed everbody in the store glared daggers at the poor woman who became totally self concious and immediately just left, almost in tears.

We apparently don’t have Whu Flu up in the Top End just yet, but the atmosphere in the store when the poor woman coughed was toxic. I felt

awful and appalled that we Aussies are now treating each other in such an un-matey way.

I would have followed her out but needed to get back to flying.

Anybody getting a sniffle these days can expect to be ostrichcised ( is that the right word?) OME?

Alan

• Sad 1

@willedoo - I would guess that is more for ensuring you have enough of whatever you need rather than any epedemiological requirement..

The UK, on a per capita basis, despite 10 deaths in high risk categories today, still has a low infection rate. I was in the local Tesco (Coles equivalent) getting some supplies (literally, som Mozzarella, Marscapone, Passata and peanut butter for brekky tomorrow.

Loo roll.. gone... Pasta.. gone... My son pointed out.. vitamin C - bulgjing - Kiwi fruit - bulging; Oranges and OJ - bulging; Seems people live on pasta and rice and have the poops around here at the moemnt. Not one case of infection, either...

There was a great post on linkedin today from a bloke who basically said his mother lived throug the blitzkrieg and theykept calm and carried on.. the state of Britain is an admonishment of the spirit that has kept it a pillar of whatever it is a pillar of..

p.s. I will have to find somewhere to get dunny paper... Running out...