Corona Virus - Bizzare Outcomes

Jerry_Atrick

I am currently listenting to triple M (Luke Bona). There was a lady on who worked at Woolies and the stories were amazing.... Including people tryiong all sorts of stuff to get their hand in dunny paper... Maybe the manufacturers should coat it in the adhesive they put on fly paper.. would make it stick...

I think we should all do our bit to save Corona and drink more, the light one is my pick with lemon or lime.

as for toilet paper has every one for gotten it is a relatively modern invention, there has always been crapping and somehow we survived.

Sticks, leaves, bark, Newspaper (if not extinct). :oh yeah:

I suspect the who stockpiling of TP thing is just anxiety. There are good reasons to be concerned but not alarmed. I think perhaps many people feel anxious and powerless, hanging their anxieties on stocking up perhaps makes them feel like they have some measure of control. This of course makes no sense and is quite irrational. TP is not the answer but I guess it gives them something to do and us something to laugh at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Makes me worry what it would be like if we had a really dangerous situation to contend with. .Don't put yourself in a place where you need to depend on people behaving well towards each other. IF it happens, good, but don't rely on it. I did a subject called "Crowd Psychology " long ago. It was somewhat enlightening , but would make you want to stay away from crowds. Nev

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't blame me. Blame it all on spellcheck.

I did spell taser . But the smart phone knows better than me!

But I suspect you know to whom I refer.

I do. Besides, you already know that clowns taste funny, so it must have been the spell check.

From the latest I have heard there is a lot of information collected in South Korea. They have discerned a lot more cases than other countries, because they are not waiting for bad symptoms to start, they therefore have many more cases which makes the fatality rate lower. Supposedly about 0.5% and I reckon it could be even lower.

I don't know what the death rate in Australia is for the usual types of flu that we get and I am wondering if corona virus is that much worse.

Listening to all the advice available I am surprised that nobody has come up with the most obvious advice. Do not go on a cruise, and I would add do not go anywhere that brings you into contact with lots of people.

Air travel we are told is not unsafe. I would argue that you may not get the virus from airborne particles, but you stand a good chance of getting it from touching the latch to the toilet door, or anything else touched by other people.

The safest people in the world from this virus are strict moslem women wearing the burka.

I read that in time, we are all going to have corona virus in our systems. Precautions will delay this, hopefully till there is a vaccine.

On toilet paper, do our indigenous brothers use the stuff? They never did when I was a kid in the 50's. Indians ( in india ) don't use it either. A guy I knew was on a tour in india and he got to see an english vicar using pantomime to try and buy some from a rural shopkeeper who knew nothing of english or toilet paper. I wonder how he pantomimed it....

This is my Taiwan apartment Japanese toilet. Button I’m pointing to is blow dry. No toilet paper required. No idea why we don’t have these. Asians must think we are very unhygienic when they visit.

Taiwan seems safer than Australia right now. I cancelled Phillipines ultralight flying planned for this week. It does seem prudent to minimise travel. Bugger really, I was looking forward to solo in the ultralight. Phillipino instructor wouldn’t be able to hit me as a bonus. He’s a really good guy, it’s just a different cultural approach. I did figure if he’s hitting my right leg that hard then I muster truly need more right rudder.

Back to virus... Taiwan they spray your hands on entry to supermarket. They take your temperature on entry to gym and almost All wear masks in public. I’m thinking Taiwan right now is safer than Australia!

59F9CCE7-1089-4DA7-9EAA-E0FDF2FE3CC4.thumb.jpeg.4b176c3e900c788f0a2c2c3c3474c6d2.jpeg