Don't get me wrong here, But I LIKE Donald Trump.

Phil Perry

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surprised if the Republicans do well. If Biden was the best they could put forward for President I don't see much difference between them. What has Biden done in nearly two years to make the democraps look good?

One decision he made ensured that Putin would invade Ukraine, and he has done little to resolve that problem.

Whatever happens the USA will get the government it deserves, The bad thing is that our government relies on them for decision making, or at least it has done so for the last many years.

• Informative 1

In Trumps mind?? when HE loses it's rigged. He was brought up as the one why can only win, never lose. He calls all serving people "Losers and Suckers". He thinks He is "brilliant".  Nearly 1/2 the GOP candidates think HE was robbed of the last Presidency and are openly  saying it now despite no proof existing. .  Nev

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

That is how completely fu**ed US politics is. Their judicial system moves at less than glacial speed, every decision can be appealed seemingly forever, the Supreme Court judges are politically appointed, States create their own laws to prevent certain sections of the public from voting and about 80-100 million are convinced Trump was robbed of the election win and had nothing to do with the insurrection.

If Trump gets back in in 2024 the US is headed for autocracy and most likely Civil War No 2. Putin & Xi will be celebrating & the rest of us will be fu**ed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, facthunter said:

Nearly 1/2 the GOP candidates think HE was robbed of the last Presidency and are openly  saying it now despite no proof existing. .  Nev

I suspect few of them actually believe that, but like people down thru the ages, they find it expedient to be cowardly followers.

They’ve seen what happens to anyone who challenges the mob.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Former Vice President Mike Pence published an excerpt from his upcoming book as a column in the Wall Street Journal, making it clear that John Eastman's quack theories about trying to overturn the election on Jan. 6 were known to be false even to him.

He recalled a conversation with Donald Trump in the days before the Capitol attack. They were discussing the lawsuit brought by Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX).

"I don’t want to see ‘Pence Opposes Gohmert Suit’ as a headline this morning,” Trump raged, according to Pence.

The former VP recalled he told Trump he was against it.

“If it gives you the power,” he asked, “why would you oppose it?”

Pence claimed he didn't believe the power existed under the Constitution.

“You’re too honest,” he chided. “Hundreds of thousands are gonna hate your guts. . . . People are gonna think you’re stupid.”

Other reports cite Trump calling Pence a "p*ssy" and a slew of other things. At the same time, Pence wasn't innocently standing up for democracy on principle. He was searching for a way to make it happen too, even going so far as to call Dan Quayle to ask for advice on what his role would be on Jan. 6.

• Informative 2

Donald Trump said the Trumpiest thing possible about the election

As votes rolled in from across the country Tuesday night, Donald Trump said something truly incredible when asked about how much credit or blame he should get for the election results.

“I think if they win, I should get all of the credit, and if they lose, I should not be blamed at all,” Trump told NewsNation, adding: “But it will probably be just the opposite.”

Yes, he really said that. And, no, he wasn’t kidding. He would, quite simply, like to have his cake and eat it, too.

In Trump’s world, all good things are the direct result of his action while all bad things are definitely someone else’s fault. He is forever telling himself a story in which he is the forever hero – fighting off the losers and the haters who are dragging him down.

Case in point, this tweet from Maggie Haberman of the New York Times:

“Trump is indeed furious this morning, particularly about Mehmet Oz, and is blaming everyone who advised him to back Oz – including his wife, describing it as not her best decision, according to people close to him.”

• Haha 1
  • Informative 1

I love the way when the voting is going the Republicans direction, the voting system is just fine, and there's no problems with it.

But the instant the voting turns to a Democrat win, the voting is crooked, the Democrats are cheating, the voting machines are rigged, and all the election officials are corrupt.

You just gotta wonder about the psychological stability of this whole Republican bunch.

Now Trump is furious that Ron De Santis is stealing votes away from Trump - and he's threatened to release a lurid expose of De Santis. What a piece of human excrement this Trump is.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, red750 said:

In Trump’s world, all good things are the direct result of his action while all bad things are definitely someone else’s fault. He is forever telling himself a story in which he is the forever hero – fighting off the losers and the haters who are dragging him down.

So, why do normally good people lap it up and accept it? Why do the non-murcdoch press not make more if it? How come he was popular beforehand.. Even crazy has a use-by date in cheap shots TV?

I have to be honest - I am feeling feeble right now because I am raking my brain, resplendent of Wolfie, and I can't think of a darned reason why...

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

Right-wing billionaire Rupert Murdoch's media outlets are pleading for the Republican Party to move on from former President Donald Trump after a disappointing midterm showing by the GOP.

Murdoch's outlets — which include Fox News, The New York Post and The Wall Street Journal — have blasted Trump with a barrage of negative headlines while boosting Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis as the future of the party.

The New York Post, which dubbed the Florida governor "DeFuture" on Wednesday, followed up on Thursday with a brutal cover labeling him "Trumpty Dumpty."

"After three straight national tallies in which either he or his party or both were hammered by the national electorate, it's time for even his stans to accept the truth: Toxic Trump is the political equivalent of a can of Raid," columnist John Podhoretz wrote in an accompanying editorial. "What Tuesday night's results suggest is that Trump is perhaps the most profound vote-repellant in modern American history. The surest way to lose in these midterms was to be a politician endorsed by Trump. This is not hyperbole."

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

Well in my opinion, the fact is many Republicans have backed Trump even after he caused their presidential election loss.

To me it shows that all politicians appear to align themselves with any really poor role model that might appeal to voters, in the hope that he might drag them into power. And that imperative over rides looking after the voters/country. 

Note, not unique to USA, also gave us Mr PMT

Getting back to considering rump's future, it will be interesting to see how he reacts if Republicans give him the same polar treatment that he applies.

(My greatest buddy - or my worst enemy)

Edited by nomadpete
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

The New York Post has fully turned its back on Donald Trump following the Republican Party's faltering performance in the midterms, describing the former president as a "toxic" influence who has "sabotaged" the party.

The day after the GOP failed to see the predicted "red wave" in the House, with a chance the Democrats could still control the Senate, The Post—which Trump once declared his "favorite newspaper"—ran a front page depicting the former president as Humpty Dumpty sitting on a wall with the headline "Trumpty Dumpty."

The front page also mocks Trump's failure to live out his key 2016 presidential campaign promise to build a wall across the U.S.-Mexico border. It picks on his failure to fill the House and Senate with his MAGA and election-denying candidates on November 8, ultimately leading to the GOP's poor performance.

"Don (who couldn't build a wall) had a great fall—can all the GOP's men put the party back together again?" The Post's standfirst said.

The former president is further attacked in a column by The Post's John Podhoretz entitled "Here's how Donald Trump sabotaged the Republican midterms."

• Informative 1

If Rupert has actually stopped backing Trump, as it appears, then Trump is going to go down like a Japanese aircraft carrier at Midway. 

Don't you just love the way Trump is fence-sitting, as regards running again in 2024. He keeps dropping teasers, all the while he watches which way the wind is blowing.

The instant he senses the wind is against him, he'll drop presidential nomination like a hot potato, and then resort to calling any other presidential candidate a "loser" or something worse - and then rage on about how the Republican party is "nothing", without him!

I was wondering when someone was going to bring up the Mexican Wall. The Govt has apparently lost mega millions on this project, the Arizona desert is full of rusting steel panels originally destined for the Wall, and mega-millions have been paid out for contract termination on works involving the Wall.

And at the end of the day, even if the Wall was fully built, it would've been a monument to Trumps idiocy and sub-standard intellect, as it would have done virtually nothing to stop Mexicans invading the U.S.

When the richest man in the U.S. (Musk) says Trump is "too old" and is backing De Santis, then Trumps chances of returning are looking slimmer by the day.

Add in the tens of millions of women the Republicans have alienated with their overturning of Roe vs Wade, then it's little wonder the "Red wave" of voting change simply didn't happen.

Edited by onetrack
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, onetrack said:

Add in the tens of millions of women the Republicans have alienated with their overturning of Roe vs Wade, then it's little wonder the "Red wave" of voting change simply didn't happen.

The social media memes are now saying the "red wave" is just mid cycle spotting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Former President Donald Trump unleashed a fiery screed Thursday evening critical of Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL), who triumphed in his reelection campaign this week and is increasingly seen as a strong candidate to challenge Trump for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.

In a statement sent by Trump's Save America PAC to his supporters, the former president belittled DeSantis as an "average" Republican governor with "great Public Relations." Trump took credit for DeSantis's 2018 victory that earned him his first term as governor and revived the nickname "Ron DeSanctimonious" in what appears the most extreme escalation between the two Florida Republicans to date, even as DeSantis has not declared any intention to run for president.

"Now, Ron DeSanctimonious is playing games! The Fake News asks him if he’s going to run if President Trump runs, and he says, 'I’m only focused on the Governor’s race, I’m not looking into the future.' Well, in terms of loyalty and class, that’s really not the right answer," Trump said.

Trump lashed out as he is expected to make a major announcement from his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, widely expected to be his declaration to run for president in 2024, even as some urged him to stand down ahead of a Georgia Senate runoff following a weaker-than-expected performance by Republicans in the midterm elections. Trump also said he voted for DeSantis on Tuesday.

Trump concluded his new statement by comparing the governor to his predecessor, "Low Energy Jeb Bush," a reference to the 2016 election. "We’re in exactly the same position now. They will keep coming after us, MAGA, but ultimately, we will win. Put America First and, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!" he concluded.

The elections seem to have run pretty smoothly with little or no talk of democrat rigging or republican militia heavies causing trouble at the polling booths. An encouraging sign for some semblance of a return to a normal democratic process in America, and another poke in the eye for Trump and his MAGA followers.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

11 hours ago, nomadpete said:

To me it shows that all politicians appear to align themselves with any really poor role model that might appeal to voters, in the hope that he might drag them into power…

American voters should never forget the appalling performance of almost the whole Republican party in recent years. 
image.thumb.jpeg.3232244279b9ed007215ac36427eb1c4.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1