Don't get me wrong here, But I LIKE Donald Trump.

Phil Perry

Only dyed int he woolk believers would invite Trump to speak at their wedding... unless they wanted a comedy show, I guess.

@Marty_d - SFM has done OK by not doing anything. I do recall he was going to bring the Commonwealth of Australia as a co-plaintiff of, wasit Palmer, to try and froce WA to open its borders until it was plain to everyone that it was a bad idea, and a doctor I know didn't have terribly kind words of the dithering the federal government did with respect to the vaccine roll out, which was being orchestrated apparenlty  by SFM. From here, it seems the premiers deserve the credit and criticism where due, for the handling of the pandemic.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

Only dyed int he woolk believers would invite Trump to speak at their wedding... unless they wanted a comedy show, I guess.

@Marty_d - SFM has done OK by not doing anything. I do recall he was going to bring the Commonwealth of Australia as a co-plaintiff of, wasit Palmer, to try and froce WA to open its borders until it was plain to everyone that it was a bad idea, and a doctor I know didn't have terribly kind words of the dithering the federal government did with respect to the vaccine roll out, which was being orchestrated apparenlty  by SFM. From here, it seems the premiers deserve the credit and criticism where due, for the handling of the pandemic.

True, and I'm not SfM's fanboy by any stretch of the imagination.  However the messaging (apart from some hiccups where they became worried about economics) has been pretty consistent about respecting and following the science.  Then there was JobKeeper/JobSeeker increase which for a conservative government was a huge step (in the right direction).

All I'm saying is, look at the Australian federal response as opposed to comparable western governments.  UK despite their excellent efforts with vaccination still have thousands of new cases every day.  Over here we are stamping on clusters of 8 with citywide lockdowns.

• Like 1

I wasn't attempting to suggest BoJo was any better... In fact, in a way, much worse, because it was on his popularity the Conservatives got a huge majority in parliament and he wasn't willing to test that when the crusty conservatives threatened a back bench revolt while Labour were behind him and would have still secured a majority with respect to handling the pandemic. He chose politics over leadership.. and has many 10s of thousands of deaths on his hands (ultimately, not all of them could be put down to poor leadership).

I just wanted to make the point that the lip service he has provided is not borne out by his actions - but by the state premiers - or thinking about it - probably more accurately, the states' CMOs.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

For some reason, US media clips came up in my yootoob feed covering Oranguman.

It appears that the law enforcers are closing in on the ol fella. Oranguman is using law suits to try and delay the inevitable. And he is playing other tactics as well. When the US Supreme Court affirmed a decision of the NY Supreme Court that Oranguman's tax returns and other financial statements had to be turned over to law enforcement agencies, instead of the 1m documents they were expecting, apparently, they were handed over 5m documents.

But this vid was the most interesting. Michael Cohen, Oranguman's previous lawyer who basically orchestrated all of Oranguman's legal affairs has seriously become poacher turned gatekeeper. Maybe he has found whatever god he thinks will provide him salvation, but I am thinking he is out to save his skin (and when the book comes out, make a little money on the side, too):

#

• Agree 1

Trump is heading for the deepest part of the swamp, and he can't see the crocs waiting for him. He's getting more viciously abusive than ever, and turning on any former underlings who have stopped supporting him, with a savagery likely to only get more and more abusive. He really is a piece of work.

What's driving him of course, is the fact that not only has he lost the leading power position in the U.S. - where he could nullify, subvert, or simply block outright, any attempt to uncover his criminality - either in business or in Govt - but he's also lost the support of a lot of underlings and sycophants, who are either powerful people, or they hold a lot of potentially destructive info on him.

The two giant crocs bearing down on him are coming from Congress making sure they nail him for Presidential criminality - and the Feds looking into his dodgy business dealings, and tax and financial schemes. There's a lot he's got to worry about in the next couple of years, as he finds himself alienated and much less powerful in the overall scheme of things, than he really wants - and which he is not used to, as a former President.

Add in the viciously abusive behaviour that will simply make more of his previous allies turn on him, and the future of Donald Trump is not looking too rosy.

Trump businesses failing - as usual - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-30/trump-business-empire-slumps-after-years-of-divisive-politics/100582420

Trump sues NY A-G to try and stop Trump civil fraud investigation - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-21/trump-sues-new-york-attorney-general-to-block-probe/100715842

Lawsuit after lawsuit and investigation after investigation - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-24/donald-trump-legal-fights/13183168

Presidential criminality investigation closes in - https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/20/capitol-attack-investigation-closes-in-trump

• Informative 1

At least he didn't start another war when he was in there.

Was he the cause of Putins current posturing? Would Putin be waving the war flag if Trump was president now?

I can't see Biden starting a war, but then again I can't see Biden recognising that a war was starting. Trump was correct when he called biden Sleepy Joe, but maybe a sleepy president is best for us.

• Like 1

At least Joe has got on with rebuilding the infrastructure in America, which is sorely needed. I haven't heard a thing about that Mexican Border Wall, and how the Mexicans are paying for it. More Trump BS.

If Trump had spent the same amount on revitalising America's infrastructure, instead of pissing it up against the Wall (all $16.4B worth), he might've given Americans a whole lot of new replacement bridges and highways instead.

The Atlantic reports there's still $350M worth of Wall materials laying around, that no-one knows what to do with. On top of that is a possible $1.4B in contract termination costs.

The Wall will be Trumps monument to his idiocy - rather than having his image carved in Mt Rushmore, as he probably had major plans for.

Funnily enough, Joe hasn't backed down from Mexican border and U.S. entry restrictions, he's just stopped building the physical Wall.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2021/12/steel-trump-border-wall-rusting-desert/621005/

• Like 1

Now it seems the US is holding up money needed by Afghanistan. I don't doubt that the US would do that, it is par for the course with them.

We keep hearing about the dreadful conditions in Afghanistan, with children starving. No doubt some caused by the US holding up money, but it cannot be laid at the feet of the Taliban. How could they be responsible for a two and a half year girl being so starved that he weighs about a third of what she should weigh? The Taliban only regained power in August, which doesn't give them time to have caused that weight loss. So what were conditions like in Afghanistan when the USA was running the place, and don't say it was an Afghan government, because it obviously was not.

It would help if some countries accepted the Taliban as the government, instead of saying they will not recognise them. I can't see any other government in that country.

On 23/12/2021 at 12:21 PM, Yenn said:

Was he the cause of Putins current posturing? Would Putin be waving the war flag if Trump was president now?

No. There's no Trump effect there. Putin's a master poker and chess player. Everything he does is calculated to produce a response and result. The individual U.S. presidents don't make a huge amount of difference, and the same state of relationships has been ongoing from Obama to the present day. In my opinion, Biden has probably been the smartest of the three most recent presidents in dealing with Putin. I think he has potential.

As far as waving the war flag, on the surface of it, Putin's just waving it back. The real situation is much more multi layered than that. The media try to make it a simple thing but it's not. Putin is playing more than one hand of poker at once. I could elaborate but I don't want to bore everyone this close to Christmas.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today we hear that Joe Biden has stated that Trump was responsible for the Jan 6 riots.

Nobody has been punished according to our media, but 700 of the rioters have been charged.

Nobody seems to realize that it was Not Trump who was responsible. Trump is a narcicist and idiot. The people responsible are the Republican politicians who failed to control trump and in fact egged him on so that they could remain in power.

Pence should have declared him unfit to be president, before the election result was announced.

Now Sleepy Joe is having to live with the problems caused by Trump and his republican party faithful. God help him.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...