Don't get me wrong here, But I LIKE Donald Trump.

Phil Perry

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was browsing in Dymocks today and found this book called "We are Indivisible - a blueprint for Democracy after Trump". I was quite surprised at the tone and drive in the book - these people are fully intent on fighting back against Trumps divisive, arrogant, anti-Democratic, and bigoted style of corrupting democracy in America, which operates by sowing distrust, discord and division.

The name of the book and the group is taken directly from the American Oath of Allegiance -

"I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America,
And to the Republic for which it stands,

One Nation, Under God, Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all."

This group, largely backed by immigrants and virtually all of the Democratic Party supporters, is probably the major reason Trump lost the last election - despite his devious, anti-Democratic, and narcissistic behaviour.

The next interesting thing will be, when the Republicans select a candidate to stand against Trump. Trump has already divided the Republicans into two groups - the Trump supporters and the Anti-Trump group, led by Liz Cheney. When a Republican candidate is announced who will stand against Trump, the invective and abuse from Trump against the Republicans, will be something to see.

https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/We-Are-Indivisible/Leah-Greenberg/9781668027462

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indivisible_movement

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Trump would be quite happy to have multiple opponents to belittle and abuse because it will increase his chances of winning. The more he lashes out and the more outrageous his behaviour becomes the more his supporters will get behind him.  I hope this opposition group is successful. It will be a disaster if Trump gets back in 

• Agree 4

Trump reckons HE's got DIRT on all of them . Thats how this rotten person works. He can  NEVER be wrong. That's how he was raised. He's ruined  goods. Not FIT to be C in C of the US armed forces as HE regards them ALL as "Suckers & LOSERS.". Ameriuca's GUN situation is a national disease of the mind. "Have Gun(s), Will use them" is the mantra. The UNITED States is near impossible when such hate exists between both major Parties. A House divided unto itself has no real future..  Nev

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, facthunter said:

The UNITED States is near impossible when such hate exists between both major Parties. A House divided unto itself has no real future..  Nev

The gap separating political parties in America has turned into a Gulf since Murdoch and his sons were made US citizens by Reagan.

image.thumb.jpeg.ccdb8768937c7e0ac864a20073613bdc.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I was amazed at how Trump was elected in the first place. The USA is not a white nation any more.

Just why blue-collar workers thought he would represent them, after all he is a billionaire who is hostile to workers of all types. And even the evangelicals would avoid such an obvious non-christian I thought.

Well I was wrong and it might have been that people thought he would stand up against corruption ? Well they were wrong, and so he lost the next election. I reckon he has made the republicans unelectable for years to come.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, facthunter said:

The USA looks as if it could have ANOTHER CIVIL WAR without much effort.

Not to the extent of the original Civil War. There is that mass of the population regularly referred to by the term "Silent Majority",  that unspecified large group of people in a country or group who do not express their opinions publicly. The term is an old one, but made famous by President Nixon in a speech to the Nation in 1969. Nixon, along with many others, saw this group of Middle Americans as being overshadowed in the media by the more vocal minority.

Sure there are extremists who would engage in civil disobedience, but the majority of Americans, like the rest of Mankind, just want to get on with a peaceful life. 

• Like 1

Yes Peaceful, but with "their" RULEs prevailing and GUNS everywhere to enforce it on a personal level. IF your daughter marries one from the OTHER side you kick her out of the house. How many US Presidents have been assassinated? How many shootings?  How many purveyors of wild untruths?. Alex Jones as an example. Murdoch also may be in a bit of trouble (at last). Nev

• Like 2
  • Agree 1