Don't get me wrong here, But I LIKE Donald Trump.

Phil Perry

No doubt, Pence would have changed the course of the election if he could.; But he has come out before and said that what Trump did was wrong. - just not so forcefully. He has (had) presidential ambitions, an upsetting the applecart that would potentially (though in reality, not likely) vote for him would have been a strategic blunder. Of course, now that he is marginalised in that race, he is taking off the gloves. Also, I guess he doesn't want history to judge him quite sop harshly.

7 hours ago, facthunter said:

I don't admire many republicans. ALL bar one or two have allowed Trump to destroy them.

In the case of Liz Chaney, she would have known Trump and the GOP's reaction was inevitable, so it was more stand what for what you believe, rather than allow them to destroy her.. and not that it means much, but she has my respect as a politican.. and she seems to come from the era where both sides want more or less the same thing, but think the road to get there is different.

Let's not forget The Lincoln Project (https://lincolnproject.us/ or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lincoln_Project ), which was formed by republicans against Trump. One of the founders is [still] married to an ex-Trump employee and suipporter, Geeorge Conway. Kelly-Annee filed for divorve recently.

The Lincoln project have been very active discrediting Trump and the infiltrated GOP; If the Aussie Libs and Nats would find someone similar, as Hillsong seems to have aboundeed in there, then I would be very happy indeed...

• Like 1

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former US President Donald Trump has yet again criticised Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, labelling him a “dead politician” if it weren’t for his political endorsement in 2018.

“He was dead as a dog, he was a dead politician. He would have been working perhaps for a law firm or doing something else,” President Trump told a group of reporters in Iowa.

Governor DeSantis’ success at the midterm elections catapulted him to become a favourite for the 2024 Republican nomination, promoting Donald Trump to launch a smear campaign against his competitor.

• Like 1

There's a lot of talk that Trump is likely to be indicted tomorrow. Hopefully he won't get a chance to run again. In other news, the department of justice has opened an investigation of Russian money laundering in Trump Media. Something about it involving loans to prop up his social media platform.

Oh look, the Don has the ability to stop the Ukraine War in just 24 hours! - and no doubt he'd be looking for a Nobel Peace Prize within 24 hrs of achieving this easy solution! Putin looks up to him, worships the ground he walks on, don't ya know? 

The sad part is something like 38% of Americans believe every BS word this cretin utters. Trump is a true cult leader, like Jim Jones or David Koresh.

• Sad 1

I'm surprised no reporter seems to have asked him how he would do it.  I expect his plan would be to tell the Ukrainians they have 24 hours to pay for all the US equipment and ammunition they have been given to date, although he might let them off if they can come up with more dirt on Joe Biden.

• Winner 1

And he is calling on all his nutter followers to Protest. The information is not from any official channel but from illegal leaks. Trumps legal team say that he has based his post on media reports so that is probably fox news. Trumps says it is from illegal leaks from a corrupt and highly political Manhattan DAs office & his lawyer says that  "the district attorney's office has engaged in a practice of leaking everything to the press, rather than communicating with President Trump's attorneys as would be done in a normal case".

I reckon this new lawyer Susan Necheles is about as smart as Rudy Giuliani & Sydney Powell & various others who have been indicted themselves.

• Informative 1

By getting in first Trump is trying to stir up his supporters ahead of a possible arrest to ensure the focus is on the politics not the law, to put more pressure on the DA, and to scam for money to fight his charges, whenever they come. Whether or not there was a leak is questionable. He probably made up that story to suit his narrative.

• Agree 1

‘No one is above the law’: Stephen King and other celebrities react as Trump claims he’ll be arrested next week

Among those to react to the news were novelist Stephen King, and filmmaker and actor Rob Reiner.

“Donald Trump is a sociopath and a criminal,” wrote King. “To let him near the nuclear codes again would be insane.”

“When Donald Trump became the Republican nominee for president in 2016, I joined Twitter. I wanted to speak out against a man I knew to be a Pathologically Lying Misogynistic Racist who was and is an existential danger to our Democracy,” wrote Reiner.

“The elimination of this scourge is upon US.”

• Informative 1

It looks like Trumps call for protest has this time fallen on deaf ears. The big time organisers of the Capitol riots have shied away completely and there are only a few fringe nutters on social media who are calling for Police to be blockaded etc. My guess is he won't be indicted on Tuesday & his blatant attempt at publicity will be a total fizzer.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Surely only Psychopaths would support psychopaths. HE loves to play the Injured and hard done by party. The suckers and losers fall for it every time. He's wrecked the Republican party single handed. . Being as they are that was not hard for him to  do.. Time a few people woke up.   Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 2