COVID-19 Virus.

Phil Perry

1 hour ago, Subria said:

This virus is so deadly that we need to get tested to know if we actually have it!

There are many potentially fatal diseases that  first come to light as a result of a test.      You certainly would not say "prostate cancer  a disease so deadly you need a test to know you have it" or perhaps" breast cancer a disease so deadly that you need a test to know you have it"  Many serious diseases are diagnosed by a routine blood test or by mild but persistent symptoms that cause someone to seek testing

• Like 1

This Bush Lawyer is well and truly bushed.

For starters, Queen Elizabeth the Second's, full title in Australia is "Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God Queen of Australia and Her other Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth.  This title was proposed by the Cabinet headed by Gough Whitlam  to "denote the precedence of Australia, the equality of the United Kingdom and each other sovereign nation under the Crown, and the separation of Church and State." A new Royal Titles and Styles Bill that removed specific reference to the monarch's role as Queen of the United Kingdom was passed by the federal parliament, but the Governor-General, Sir Paul Hasluck, reserved Royal Assent "for Her Majesty's pleasure"  since she was going to be in Australia in 1973 for a Royal Tour. Queen Elizabeth II signed her assent at Government House, Canberra, on 19 October 1973.

Secondly, all legislation passed by a parliament, State or Federal is called "a Bill". When a Bill has received royal assent, it becomes an Act (a bill which has passed all three readings in each house and has received the royal assent). Actions that must be done, or not done, in order to comply with the Act, become laws. One of the things that an Act can allow is the creation of Regulations which control the minutiae of the actions described in the Act.

The Constitution requires legislation receive the “royal assent”, either by the Governor-General as the sovereign’s representative, or by the Sovereign directly.

Section 58 of the Constitution allows the Governor-General to:

• consent in the name of the Queen
  • reserve a law for the Queen’s “pleasure”
  • return the bill with suggested amendments

"A Law” means a particular statute in its isolated form, the Latin equivalent for which is lex lici i.e a statue. A law can be created from within the Act, or the Regulations to the Act.

I, too, only got a few minutes into this video's drivel before I clicked off.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

16 hours ago, onetrack said:

This pair must be Trumps brother and sister, they talk so much drivel!! Their stringing together of disconnected phrases and words is pure Trumpism!! Are we sure they're not idiot American refugees who have escaped to Byron Bay??

It's a wonder he hasn't had a job offer from Sky News.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't think we should expect too much sense about covid 19 from anyone from USA, nor Victoria.

The USA has over 25% of world virus cases, whereas China has better figures than Australia. China has 59 cases per million population and 3 deaths. Australia has 878 and 14, which is a massive jump in the last month. The leader of the world as the USA likes to think of itself has16183 cases and 511 deaths per million.

The countries with higher figures than the USA for case numbers are little places like french Guiana, Qatar nd Kuwait.

Don't go tho the UK, where they have 608 deaths but only 4620 cases per million.

China is really the standout case and what we should all aspire to in my opinion.

How many times did Andrews stand in front of us all saying the he is the one that is ultimately responsible and the buck stops at him...day after day after day those were his words. Now what are we seeing, everyone else is going to take the fall for his lies and deceit, today it is the Health Minister, tomorrow will be others. The minutes of the Premier's meeting initiating the hotel quarantine system show that ADF help was offered to him, yes HIM, not the Health Minister but he is still denying it, its in the bloody minutes. Daniel Andrews is the most  orrupt politician this country has seen for many years and it goes back even before the secret dealings to get euthanasia passed and even before the Labour Party stacking fraud.

• Agree 1

People are starting to see right thru dictator Dan, he's losing his grip on the sheeple! The corruption of this guy knows no bounds! This guy will go down in history as the instigator of sending Victoria back to the Stone Age!

I don't believe the China figures, but then again I don't believe the USA figures. Trump has proven that that he cannot be trusted with the truth and from experience I hold all Yanks to be similar to him. Even if China figures are 100th of the real figures, they are still doing better than the USA.

I wonder if Trump may be inadvertently playing a strategic game with the Virus. We know by a recent survey undertaken in the UK asking if they would get the Covid vaccine when it is released. ONLY 50% said they would. So, with Covid running rampant in the US those that get it do, at this stage of research, build up antibodies to become immune to it. This would mean that perhaps more than 50% would not need the vaccine anyway...a sort of was to make many of the idiots there immune to Covid. Plus, with the number of deaths and that it is a high percentage of the elderly would mean less spend on the old age pension...just a thought.

6 hours ago, Admin said:

I wonder if Trump may be inadvertently playing a strategic game with the Virus. We know by a recent survey undertaken in the UK asking if they would get the Covid vaccine when it is released. ONLY 50% said they would. So, with Covid running rampant in the US those that get it do, at this stage of research, build up antibodies to become immune to it. This would mean that perhaps more than 50% would not need the vaccine anyway...a sort of was to make many of the idiots there immune to Covid. Plus, with the number of deaths and that it is a high percentage of the elderly would mean less spend on the old age pension...just a thought.

There's no proof that immunity will be built up.  There are cases of people catching it twice.

5 hours ago, Yenn said:

the other thing trump believes is that those who don't get or those that survive the virus will be happy and possibly vote for him. Those that die from it, will not vote against him. A win win situation.

It's more likely to kill of his hardcore supporters than the other side - they're the ones who don't believe the science, don't wear masks and don't socially distance.  Oh, and drink bleach when the clown has a brain fart out loud about whether it would stop the virus.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

I need octave to clear this one up. The SMH printed this about new NSW school restrictions.

"School choirs and inter-school choral performances are permitted under existing rules, but proposed changes would put them on hold for the rest of term three due to their higher risk of disease-spreading droplets, the Herald has learned.

The use of woodwind instruments in groups - including many parents' favourite, the recorder - would also be put on hold, robbing bands and orchestras of flutes, saxophones and clarinets, but not brass instruments." A bit confusing regarding the brass instruments.

Edited by willedoo

26 minutes ago, willedoo said:

A bit confusing regarding the brass instruments.

Probably just incorrect reporting. i used to play in a wind quintet which was on one occasion described in the newspaper as a string quartet.   My teaching at the moment is only online. the only spit I have to deal with is my own. 

• Thanks 1

Not downplaying the seriousness of this virus, and not saying it didn't play a part, but the 20 year old publicised in the daily stats was actually suffering from cancer.  We may never know what was the actual cause of death, and whether he would have died regardless of the virus.

The most tragic part about all this nonsense is the deception the Govt & their cohorts the grubby media put out daily to keep the fear at high levels! We lose a lot more e ery year from all sorts of viral infections mainly the weak are venerable, this time they added another form of destruction as an end result, a declining economy!

Be interesting to see if the numbers come down then what?

Instead of putting the medicos to the fore, trying to get people to wash and mask up, which message is falling on deaf ears, or the downright ignorant, why not get someone from the Environmental Protection Agency to explain how these virus particles stay suspended in the atmosphere just a fine solid pollutants do. I've already posted a calculation of how far these particles can travel from a cough. If you add in their buoyancy in air, then the risk factor becomes clear.

Still, that would be preaching to the converted, again.

The number of times I have seen people wearing their face masks below their nose, might as well have it over their arxx - or cut holes in it as some have done. I saw a couple of guys, probably my age, with what looked like a mask from a distance, but when they got closer you could see it was a grey beard and mo.