COVID-19 Virus.

Phil Perry

The negro babes who went touring without authorisation, smashed their phones to disrupt the police lines of inquiry - at the behest of the criminal gangs who employed them.

They could likely have been money laundering for the gang they were working for.

As their phone-smashing move could be determined a move designed to "pervert the course of justice", I trust the police will charge them accordingly.

I understand that charge carries a 14-year maximum jail sentence in most jurisdictions.

I trust these young women were born outside Australia, so they can be rapidly deported as undesirables.

• Agree 1

People in Victoria who have tested positive and should be in isolation are visited by police or ADF personnel to ensure they are complying. Apparently 1 in 4 has been found to be breaking isolation and going shopping or whateveer. The state opposition leader is now calling for all those breaching their isolation be fitted with ankle bracelets. This is getting really heavy, but necessary if people don't comply.

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, onetrack said:

The negro babes who went touring without authorisation, smashed their phones to disrupt the police lines of inquiry - at the behest of the criminal gangs who employed them.

They could likely have been money laundering for the gang they were working for.

As their phone-smashing move could be determined a move designed to "pervert the course of justice", I trust the police will charge them accordingly.

I understand that charge carries a 14-year maximum jail sentence in most jurisdictions.

I trust these young women were born outside Australia, so they can be rapidly deported as undesirables.

"Negro"?

There's no need to be racist.  If they were white would you have said "Those whiteys who..."?

• Like 1

If I find some other word to describe people of Negroid ancestry, I'm sure someone will be along soon to complain that it's racist and and offensive and socially unacceptable.

I didn't use Negro in any belittling or racist manner, I used it because I believe it accurately describes those of black African ancestry. But I suppose "black African" is now a racist and offensive term.

We used to call Aborigines, "Abo's", a simple shortening of the original word. Then "Abo's" became socially unacceptable and offensive.

The "taking offense" industry is a booming business amongst those who indulge in taking offense as much as possible, and calling white people racist at every opportunity.

But I get called a "white dog c**t" in public by an Aborigine, for virtually no reason, and apparently, that's O.K.

• Agree 1

Onetracks, of late, it has become socially acceptable for any individual of a  minority group to abuse any individual of a statistically larger group. Directly, face to face. Without fear of any repercussions.

It probably isn't lawful, but it seems to be an unwritten Law. Like you, I've had my share of 'whitey' abuse. And all too often I've felt very unsafe when surrounded by belligerent members of 'a different cultural demographic.' (is it ok to say it like that, Marty? It still means the same thing...)

There's nobody going to go out of their way to help and don't expect the police to help, either. I've heard one copper say 'Yeah, we know about him and his mob, but trying to do anything about it isn't worth the political trouble."

Edited by nomadpete

Well, it's happened. A state of disaster in Victoria as from 8.00pm tonight. Curfew from 8.00 pm till 5.00 am. Only supermarkets, butchers, bakers, chemists allowed to open. You must shop within 5 km of home. Only one person per family permitted to go shopping. No visiting family or friends. Weddings cancelled. Recreational activities only within 5 km and limit of one hour, maximum two people when walking. Police given additional powers. The selfish, ignorant, self-centred, I'm-alright-Jack so-and-so's have won. We'll be like this till Chistmas, I'll bet.

• Informative 1

I agree that we need to be able to describe people accurately. Why should it be considered racist to call an aborigine by that word?

We have had cases where the media have been too afraid to describe the wanted person  accurately, and this is insane.

Now at least we  hear " of aboriginal appearance " sometimes. And when it comes to white people, surely it is reasonable to describe a redheaded person as such.

Even if you add the caveat that they may have dyed their hair, the extra information is helpful.

• Agree 2

It is odd that a number of cultues can use a word to describe themselves, but find it offensive when used by others. For instance Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islands is a term they use, but it is offensive if non-Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders use it. Similarly, Chris Rock and the late Richard Prior regularly used the N word, but it is offensive for white people to use it. From the Google dictionary, Aborigine means "a person, animal, or plant that has been in a country or region from earliest times."  Also, the word "indigenous"  means "originating or occurring naturally in a particular place; native.", so they could be called "indigenes".

But who really is indigenous...when you look at the Maori's, they are regarded by many as the indigenous New Zealanders but in fact before them there were the Moriori people. The Maori's landed from Polynesia (so are they indigenous to Polynesia and not New Zealand) and took over New Zealand, actually the Maori's are cannibals as they ate the Moriori. With the exception of being cannibals and waring tribes, the white man basically did the same to both New Zealand and Australia but in a more considerate manner. If we go back far enough, who really is indigenous?

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1

In New Zealand, the Maoris actually had a bargaining position at the treaty of Waitangi. The whites only needed a couple of shipwrecks to run short of ammunition and all finish in the cooking pot.

Of course when the shipwrecks didn't happen, the whites double-crossed the Maoris, but in recent years the Maoris have won some court cases because of this history.

Mind you, the eaten Chatham islanders would have a claim against the Maoris if there were any that survived.

22 hours ago, onetrack said:

If I find some other word to describe people of Negroid ancestry, I'm sure someone will be along soon to complain that it's racist and and offensive and socially unacceptable.

I didn't use Negro in any belittling or racist manner, I used it because I believe it accurately describes those of black African ancestry. But I suppose "black African" is now a racist and offensive term.

We used to call Aborigines, "Abo's", a simple shortening of the original word. Then "Abo's" became socially unacceptable and offensive.

The "taking offense" industry is a booming business amongst those who indulge in taking offense as much as possible, and calling white people racist at every opportunity.

But I get called a "white dog c**t" in public by an Aborigine, for virtually no reason, and apparently, that's O.K.

I'm not being the PC police here, but "negro" went out decades ago. 

Also, I just don't see what the colour of their skin has to do with their obvious stupidity or alleged criminal activity.  No one calls "Karen from Bunnings"  "White Karen from Bunnings", because apparently stupid white people are just people but stupid black people need to have their skin colour specified.

I think the corect term is negroid, is it not?

Anyway, it doesn't really matter.. I agree with Marty that referencing an indivudual's colour for an individual act is probably superfluous.

BTW, I also consider myself indigenous.. .My last company in Aus was called Indigenaus (https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/RegistrySearch/faces/landing/SearchRegisters.jspx?_adf.ctrl-state=8yjqqhmn7_21). Some buggah has since taken the name, which means I will have to think of something else when I return.

And I also agree with Ian and had a discussion with an Aboriginal many years ago.. the world was getting smaller... Australia is a resource rich nation that was inhabitied by people who lacked the techology to defend themselves from Europeans, Americans and Asians. It was a matter of time as to when someone else found out the riches on offer, and as long as this happened before the 20th century )and probably into the first quarter of it), it was going to be taken. It may have been less or more brutal. The problem for Aboriginies was it was not deemed settled land because of the lack of visibile boundaries and permanent structures (even huts); it was deemed terra nullius (under international law - cross-border European law) and therefore open for the taking.. Moaris had settled boundaries and semi-permanent structures and therefore the Brits were bound by the laws of conquest (or some such term) which meant they had to accept the land was owned by others and they had to negotiate and offer compensation or something similar. Aborigines were not afforded those rights because as there were boundaries and effectively different nations, they were not in the way white fella imagined them.  I have to go back to the books as I can't recall if Mabo overturned the declaration of terra nullius or recognised native title next to absolute title.

Edited by Jerry_Atrick

I just watched some American anti-maskers with their nonsense ( mainly religious ) arguments and I found myself wishing they would catch the virus.

And of course you are right Marty to say that unnecessary stating of skin colour is nasty. I was referring to wanted people at large where the public need to have a description so that they can report them.

Once, in Alice Springs, we had some clothes stolen from our back yard. When we rang the cops, we were asked if indigenous people were involved. We said we thought so, on account of how some nearby aborigines had done this before and we had seen them.  To which the cop said that there was nothing he could do to help. ( There are a bunch of lawyers in the employ of the aborigines and they make it very hard for the cops to do anything ).

Well we just accepted the loss when we and thought of how badly aborigines had been treated in the past. There are some good things in their culture, and the lack of the idea of private property can be one of the good things.

But from then on, we didn't go out when we had stuff on the line.