COVID-19 Virus.

Phil Perry

I copied and pasted this from a retired British Airways Captain, friend of mine, posted on his facebook page. 

Phillip Smith

4d

“It's just a mask" will turn into "It’s just a vaccine," very quickly. In less than 5 months, our government has successfully divided the country into "obedient mask wearers”, and "selfish people who refuse to wear masks.”

In less than 5 months, our government has dictated which events are acceptable and we are allowed to attend, and which are not allowed. Violent riots are acceptable and encouraged, while family gatherings, funerals and celebrations are not allowed. Standing in a graduation line is a "safety hazard,” but lining up at supermarkets is not.

In less than 5 months, our government has succeeded in closing family-owned businesses, while enriching large corporations it has vested interests in.

In less than 5 months, our government persuaded the people to believe that a cashless society is a good thing—in the name 'safety'.

In less than 5 months, our government closed down schools, and permanently "restructured" education moving forward—under the guise of “public safety.”

In less than 5 months, our government demonstrated how easily fearful people assimilate to lifestyle restrictions that have NO scientific premise. Our government has instilled fear as the ruling principle in the majority of the population in the UK. But the citizens are not afraid of the people in power, who are responsible for the removal of their freedoms and livelihoods. Instead, they are fearful of their neighbors, family, human contact, and the air they breathe. Our government manufactured hysteria.

In less than 5 months, our government reduced a free people into slaves to the very system that oppresses them. People who are wearing masks "for the greater good”, will be the first to sign up for the new vaccine which will have zero long term safety tests. What's more disturbing, is this vaccine will be used by our government as the standard deciding factor in our lives moving forward. Do you still think “It’s just a mask”? Wait until you are told that you cannot enter a store without proof of having the Covid-19 vaccine. Wait until you cannot go out into public places, travel, shop, or go to a doctor, without proof you are not a “risk” to others.

You do realise that our government has successfully dictated to us when we are allowed to be outside, where we are allowed to go, and how our children will be educated—in less than 5 months. A majority of the population follow their illegal dictates blindly, all because they are told to do so. They will also repeat this behavior with the vaccine for their government-sponsored “virus.” It was NEVER about a mask, it was always about control.

Edited by farri
typo

HE does have the excuse of Having one of the weirdest PM's in the developed world, to whip him into a frenzy. When does a retired BA Captain mean much in the philosophy world.? He's probably just missing his duty free Scotch. Nev

Edited by facthunter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I still would like more responsibility to be vested in the person. Anybody who gave another any disease should be held financially responsible even if it means garnishing their centerlink payments.

But masks  may be given a boost by the law in Vic. I reckon a lot of people who would like to wear one but were too embarrassed will now be secretly happy.

With this said, it is still a mystery to me why the government wants to save stupid people from themselves. I sure don't.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bruce Tuncks said:

I still would like more responsibility to be vested in the person. Anybody who gave another any disease should be held financially responsible even if it means garnishing their centerlink payments..

Not as silly as it sounds, Bruce. Recently they used sophisticated DNA analysis to track down the person who carried the virus from Melbourne to Sydney. Apparently it undergoes small mutations as it moves from one host to another, presumably taking some of their unique genetic markers, so they were able to trace back thru each host to track down "patient zero".

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I consider the BA captain (although I have read this exact text allegedly written by other people) to be not very rational or intelligent.    Of course there is an imposition but at no point does this rant acknowledge that there is a benefit. Whilst I have no problem with people deciding for themselves what level of personal risk they wish to take this is not purely about the individual. If people consider this to be a slippery slope towards total control then you could start with mandatory seat belt wearing, a measure that is mainly about protecting the the wearer although of course it also saves the rest of us in terms of costs to the medical system.

The evidence suggests that mask wearing does reduce the risk of becoming infected and more importantly reducing the chance of an infected but asymptomatic or presymptomatic person passing it on.   If the mandating of mask wearing is any sort of erosion of civil liberties it is for the common good. Every ANZAC day we honour past generations who have made sacrifices including the ultimate sacrifice for the greater good.   These selfish and irrational people or whining because they are called upon to make the small sacrifice of helping to protect there fellow citizens.

Hairstylists with COVID-19 didn't infect any of their 139 clients. Face masks may be why.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

34 minutes ago, octave said:

I consider the BA captain (although I have read this exact text allegedly written by other people) to be not very rational or intelligent.    Of course there is an imposition but at no point does this rant acknowledge that there is a benefit. Whilst I have no problem with people deciding for themselves what level of personal risk they wish to take this is not purely about the individual. If people consider this to be a slippery slope towards total control then you could start with mandatory seat belt wearing, a measure that is mainly about protecting the the wearer although of course it also saves the rest of us in terms of costs to the medical system.

The evidence suggests that mask wearing does reduce the risk of becoming infected and more importantly reducing the chance of an infected but asymptomatic or presymptomatic person passing it on.   If the mandating of mask wearing is any sort of erosion of civil liberties it is for the common good. Every ANZAC day we honour past generations who have made sacrifices including the ultimate sacrifice for the greater good.   These selfish and irrational people or whining because they are called upon to make the small sacrifice of helping to protect there fellow citizens.

Hairstylists with COVID-19 didn't infect any of their 139 clients. Face masks may be why.

Well said octave. Paranoid people will be paranoid no matter what is happening in the world. That state of mind makes logical thinking very difficult. Why would any Western government want to go down that difficult path of oppressing their cash cow, the taxpayer. It's in their interest for everything to go back to normal soon so the cash starts going round and round again. Control people too much and the economy goes down the gurgler. And as onetrack pointed out, our governments barely have the nouse to do what they do now without embarking on such an undertaking.

As you may know here in Vic all Year 11 and 12 students have been back at school for the last week amidst the Covid situation that has blown up here in Vic and my son Lachlan has been back at school doing Year 12 for that time. At his school there are only 2 classes of Year 12 students so it is a small tight knit school.

Late last night at about 10:30pm I received an email from the school advising NOT to send Lachlan to school today as the school has been completely closed down due to a Covid 19 case with one of the students.

No more information has been forthcoming, on Sat we were turned away from being tested (see previous post) and on Daniel Andrews media conference just now he says that "testing has increased" and "a person could show no symptoms and still be positive so GET YOURSELF TESTED". I can't, he won't let me!!!!

My wife, my daughter, my son and myself are sitting here scared out of our wits and in the dark...I have stuffed lungs and on a daily puffer to help, my doctor says I can't get it under any circumstances. The crap coming out of Daniel Andrews mouth every day is paramount to a criminal offence. How many times did he say "The buck stops with me", well it's time that he stood down and let someone else better manage Victoria and be a leader so Victorians can get a degree of confidence back in their life to help ride through these times

The State governments don't have a clue and have one law over-riding another.

Take the NSW Public Health Act, and the NSW Education Act.

Under Part 2  Section 7(3) of the Public Health Act, the Minister may

(3)  Without limiting subsection (2), an order may declare any part of the State to be a public health risk area and, in that event, may contain such directions as the Minister considers necessary—

(a)  to reduce or remove any risk to public health in the area, and

(b)  to segregate or isolate inhabitants of the area, and

(c)  to prevent, or conditionally permit, access to the area.

That's the power that the Minister is using for social distancing etc.

Under Part 2 Section 11 (1) of the same Act, the  Secretary of the Ministry of Health may

If the Secretary considers that access to any premises on which the public, or sections of the public, are required, permitted or accustomed to congregate should be restricted or prohibited in order to protect public health, the Secretary may, by order, direct that access to the premises be restricted or prohibited as specified in the order.

That's the power being used to close premises.

However, the Minister for Education is coming in with this big stick with Section 23 (1) of the Education Act

(1) A parent of a child of compulsory school-age is guilty of an offence if the parent fails to cause the child--

(a) to be enrolled at, and to attend, a government school or a registered non-government school, or

(b) to be registered for home schooling under Part 7.

Interestingly, Section 23 (3)(c) provide a defence to Sect 23 (1)(a) 

(c) the child was prevented from attending school because of a direction under section 88 of the Public Health Act 2010 , 

Section 88 (Responsibilities of principals during outbreaks of vaccine preventable disease) only makes reference to diseases for which a vaccine is available. Since there is no COVID 19 vaccine, there is no defence for not making kids go to school.

In a pandemic, which Act has precedence?

Looks like panic buying has struck again. At Woolworths this evening just after 6 pm. Not a potato in sight. The display shelf where potatoes are normally displayed was filled with whole uncut pumpkins. Bananas were also conspicuous by their absence. Plenty of toilet paper, however. 

On 12/07/2020 at 8:35 PM, old man emu said:

And St Peter is getting complaints about the queue at the Pearly Gates.

What, are they enforcing 1.5m separation there too?

On 11/07/2020 at 7:56 AM, nomadpete said:

Aaaah.

The good ole daze when humour wasn't wrapped in cotton wool.....

A mate who does a show at a local radio station was telling me he got into a bit of trouble the other day... on air he told a joke:

"What do you get if you turn a blonde upside down?"

- "A brunette with bad breath!"

Apparently there were a few complaints.

• Haha 1

I've been a bit isolated from the food shortages as I buy mainly organic produce. Because of the price premium, the organic stores don't get the unwashed hoards of Coles and Woolies so they rarely run out of supplies. Doesn't solve the bum fodder situation though.

There are three Woolworths supermarkets within a 3 km radius of my place. One is in a large shopping centre and the other two are in small local shopping complexes. One of the small ones had to get cleaned out because one of the night-fill workers had the bug. Someone from the Crossroads cluster went to the large shopping centre and caused many shops there to be cleaned up. That leaves the other small local one, which is my normal place to shop. Lots of people are steering clear of the other two and coming to mine. They clog up the checkouts because Woolworths won't put on additional staff. 

Although the new rule making masks compulsory doesn't come into effect until midnight tomorrow, I have been wearing one when I go shopping for the past couple of days. There is a major problem with them in this winter weather with temps around 8 to 10 deg and mist and fog around most days. If you wear glasses, you can't see! The cartoon below, which I posted elsewhere earlier, is spot on. In addition, the elastic behind your ears makes the glasses slip down.I haven't tried wearing my hearing aids with the mask on. I'd probably end up losing a hearing aid.

750766004_inhaleexhale.thumb.JPG.91875ef2123c628ac89ba7cbcfa0b55c.JPG

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On Monday my son's school was closed due to a year11/12 student getting Covid

On Tuesday the other school in my local area, Macleod College, was closed due to a year11/12 student getting Covid

Today I woke to find another school not that far away is closed due to a year11/12 student getting Covid

This is going to go on and on and on for months because for every new case, 374 of them yesterday, we have to wait for at least 3 to 5 more weeks to see if there are any infections passed on from the positives obtained each day, and then 3 to 5 weeks from each of them etc etc etc...Victoria's pseudo lockdown is going to be prolonged for months is my gut feel...imagine if we had have gone into a full real lockdown when this 2nd wave started? A lot less lives would have been ruined

• Like 1
  • Agree 1