Don't get me wrong here, But I LIKE Donald Trump.

Phil Perry

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why in blazes did he appoint the man in the first place?

It is clear that being leader of the free world is not a licence to do what you please. The military industrial complex believe that they own you and dictate orders including who you will work with. Trump, however,  is an aberration. He was never meant to win. So he does feel free to kick back and so he uninvited Bolton. This may have saved the world from another unwelcome war. 

also they have a very small armed forces as such and could probably invade Tonga,Samoa,Fiji (why would they bother)they have very little natural  resources and they rely on tourism, no one would invade them there is nothing there for any country of value ,and quite a few kiwis live in south east qld ,  that's their main export, don't get me wrong its a great place to visit ,but really comparing New Zealand too Aus is like comparing apples to oranges

I travelled in NZ last year, up the coast from Christchurch, then across to the west coast and back by train across the S Isle. Whay amazed me was the ability of NZ to get things done. The work done in Christchurch to recover from the Earthquakes was amazing. The road and rail work up the coast N of Christchurch was similar.

Here in Qld we have on one little stretch of Bruce Highway we have put up with 8 months of roadworks, or really it is not roadworks. We see a little bit of work done and then nothing for a few days and so it goes on. The road is the equivalent of 4 lanes wide, cut to 2 lanes and a 60kmh speed restriction. Before they started working it was 2 lanes wide and 100kph. If it was done by the NZ government it would have taken less than a month.

I wonder who sent those drones in, it could well have been the USA.

The total population of New Zealand is less than that of Melbourne, yet they do so much with the little resources they have . They also behave in a pretty civilised  way in Politics and have respected leaders of both parties. No one likes the government there though (maybe it's just the way they are expected to behave) and they don't like Possums. It's a harder environment for people to live in. We get things much easier here but still stuff everything up that we possibly can in every way we show our stupidity endlessly.. Nev

Talk about stuff things up. I was close to the CBD today (only been into the CBD once in the last 5 years). I take my wife to a matinee concert at Hamer Hall on St Kilda Road, between the Arts Centre and Princes Bridge. My normal route is along Olympic Drive, between AAMI Park and Rod Laver Arena, over the Swan St Bridge and around Linlithgow Avenue to St Kilda Rd.The last couple of times Linlithgow Ave has been closed for roadworks. It is now one very narrow lane each way with kerb and post barriers down both sides to protect bicycle lanes the full width of a normal traffic lane. Cars were creeping along nose to tail, and not one bicycle in the bike lanes.

Then, Southbank Blvd, at the southern end of the Arts Centre, is now also one lane each way for part of its length with a reserve for trams down the middle with grass between the tracks. At the intersection with Sturt Street, if you make a left turn into Sturt St, only 3 cars can get around because there is a set of pedestrian lights just around the corner.

Can you imagine them closing down one whole block of George St in Sydney for 3 years? That's what is happening in Flinders St, between Elizabeth St and Swanston St, while they build the new underground railway.

Can you imagine them closing down one whole block of George St in Sydney for 3 years? That's what is happening in Flinders St, between Elizabeth St and Swanston St, while they build the new underground railway.

No imagining. They did, plus a lot of other roads around the CBD. And the State got ripped off into the bargain!

"no one would invade them "

The Maori invaded & displace the Mori-ori, (the Gentle giants).

Then the big invasion.

The White man came.

spacesailor

Good point, Spacey. NZ history might be much longer and more interesting than the official version.

There is considerable evidence for people being there at least 7,000 years ago.