Don't get me wrong here, But I LIKE Donald Trump.

Phil Perry

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we could dismantle media conglomerations and go back to the independent local or regional media style of the 19th Century we would broaden the scope of opinion on political matters. A return to emphasis on local news, with condensed national and international reports would make the media a relevant source of information rather than the infotainment it is now.

I was listening to LBC last night which is a talk back station that has hosts from all sides of th political spectrum but definitely has a right-wing focus. Jacob Rees-Mog has a weekly segment and Nigel Farage has a Mondat - Thursday segment (though he can no longer take a fee as he is a MEP again).

Anyway, amongst the banal Brexit conversation, their political editor, who is fair to say normally takes a measured tone to Trump was emphatic he had gone off his rocker. I won't go into everything but ut was worrying that people at his speeches/convetions were enthusiastically cheering him - amongst things accuations the Democracts called him a Nazi (not true - racist yes; Nazi - no), accused a demonstrator at one of his conventions as having a weight problem - when clearly the demonstrator was svelt; the Greeland thing and blaming the Republican electoral defeat in the Hampsires as a "paranormal event where a lot of voters turned up..."

Apparently, unlike his predecessors who lost mid-terms, the polls continue to slide and more and more senior republicans are calling for another endorsed leader to run the next election... We can only live in hope..

Talking of Brexit, I hear UKIP's new leader has a very appropriate name.

His surname is "Braine", which is definitely UNsuitable for anyone involved in UKIP, but this is mitigated by the fact that his first name is "Richard".

Use its common contraction and you get the picture.

Don't forget the impending recession about to strike the USA due mainly from Trumps policies.

That will kill his election chances. He has already started blaming enemies like the fed reserve, economists, the democrats and naturally the fake news.

Next he will say its sunspots.

Contadiction is not allowed regardless of any perceptions to the contrary

It's all fake, because you didn't get it from me.

I am the way,the truth and the Life. There will be false prophets but my PROFITS are real and MY business is MY business.(But he's a fake President and ordinary Golfer and tells porkies on a grand scale and no one knows, (including HIM,) what he will do next. Nev

• 3 weeks later...
I think to the contrary. Donald Trump has taken decisions, on several occasions, to negate the war mongering actions of people like John Bolton. For example,  the non-attack on Iran following downing of a US drone. 

Yep. How dare a little country defend itself from encroachment by US aircraft!