Don't get me wrong here, But I LIKE Donald Trump.

Phil Perry

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all the current mess in the Middle East, it's good to see a bit of light hearted comedy.

Quote:  'US State Secretary Mike Pompeo stated that all action would be within the bounds of legality.

“We’ll behave lawfully, we’ll behave inside the system. We always have and we always will,” the Secretary of State remarked.'  ?

The "system" is USA designed and operated. They really believe that they are operating legally, they just don't know what the term means. They are rather like our bankers and that is the frightening thing, because our politicians love both the bankers and the Yanks.

Check out "Years and years" - an English series that follows a family from 2019 to about 2035.  

Emma Thompson plays a populist politician who starts off seeming great... until she's not.

Excellent cautionary tale about why the clowns are dangerous.

It's on SBS On Demand.

Thinking about the Donalds latest trick of murdering an Iranian general, I wonder what chance there is of ever de nuclearizing the world. Those who have nuclear weapons are not going to get rid of them, because those weapons are the only thing stopping the Yanks taking them over.

Just look at it from Koreas point of view, if the gave up their weapons, what would the Yanks do? On their past record they would invade N Korea.

The same goes for Pakistan and where would India stand?

I think Trump has missed the boat with this little episode and I just hope he doesn't pull our sycophantic PM into trouble with him. Could the Republicans see what is happening? I doubt it, but one of them has decided he will testify if subpoeniad to attend the impeachment trial. Good of him to be so forthcoming and he may even do hat normal people would do.

There is not a snowflakes chance in hell that the world will ever de-nuclearise. They have been used before, and they will be used again. Almost certainly in the Middle East, the land of constant hatred, murder and revenge.

Of all the countries most likely to use nukes, Israel is top of the list - and America will back Israel to the hilt. 

Trump has no idea what the Iranians are capable of. They will wait and scheme, and launch an attack on American interests, as revenge for the death of Soleimani, that will be stunning and savage.

It will come right out of left field, and Russia and Pakistan will be backing the Iranians.

Goodness knows what will come of it. At least the Hezbollah leader in Lebanon has issued a decree that U.S. civilians are not to be touched; military targets only. The Iranian parliament today adopted a bill declaring the entire U.S. armed forces a terrorist organization. And now that Iran has completely dropped the nuclear agreement, there's speculation that their enrichment facility would, in the eyes of the U.S., be a legitimate nuclear target for a preemptive strike. Looks a bit like a stalemate at this stage until further developments.

Is Donald all bluff, or is he really bat sh*t crazy enough to start a war with Iran and it's proxies? If he did, there would be no winners. A lot of countries on both sides would get hurt. Hopefully our troops in Iraq will stay safe until all the clowns are put back in their box.

Well this was the LAST on the list of options provided by the chiefs who are astounded that he decided on it. Perhaps they will know better next time. The rest of the world must be pooping their pants wondering when the US nut case will do something more stupid and reckless. They reckon it's as  a distraction from his impeachment. Others are saying that IF he loses the election they still won't be able to get him to leave the White house. He was put there by Dog after all. Haven't; the Republicans given them selves a problem backing this delusional "Boy Wonder"?Nev.

Trump thinks he's playing a hand of poker. I'd guess he's really hoping the Iranians will back down, and he might even be naive enough to believe that.

Even Natanyahoo is telling his ministers to keep quiet, it's nothing to do with Israel, it's between America and Iran etc.. So he knows the implications; all it needs now is someone to explain it to Donald. Maybe they could draw a couple of pictures to help him with it. The big danger is if Trump puts the Iranians in a position where they have their backs to the wall and nothing left to lose.

The man rules by instigating chaos, he loves it. He's not happy to see things run smoothly, it's anathema to him, he has to see antagonisation, disruption, and disputes. He revels in scenes like that.

But he has no long-term plan - to him, long-term plans are too restrictive, and crimp his style. He wants to be able to do about-faces at the drop of a hat - to throw, and keep, everyone off-balance.

But he's also a warmonger, and has no problem with initiating a major war - that he thinks he'd be able to finish at the drop of a hat. I trust someone keeps the briefcase of nuke codes right out of his reach.

They did tell the Yanks No about Korea, as did the Poms, but they both went to war for the Yanks. I doubt that the poms will back him in this present folly, but our government will always do what they can to please the Yanks.

Iraq has said it wants all foreign troops out, including ours and I would have thought that was a perfectly reasonable request and it would be to our advantage. Not happening, unless Trump tells Scomo to withdraw.

All quiet on the Western Front. It looks like the Donald might have finally done something sensible with both sides backing down. A well planned face saving exercise for both parties. Iran is happy because they got to show the yanks what they can do, and Donald is happy because the Iranians gave them two hours warning to avoid casualties. And the most important thing - the Iranians were gentlemen enough to spare the fast food outlets. It seems the base's Burger King, Pizza Hut, KFC, and the doughnut & coffee franchises survived the attack. Rumours a couple of helicopters were damaged is all. It's a small price to pay for Donald to extricate himself from a potentially embarrassing situation.

[ATTACH]50573._xfImport[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]50574._xfImport[/ATTACH]

1077984796.thumb.png.49c44add669990c47a738f4a2785b7e4.png

1077984761.thumb.png.9f98d8b44cddd391e84ad41b7765ea32.png

They gave the Yanks 2 hours warning? What complete gentlemen. Straight out of the IRA handbook. 

Seems like there's increasing agreement that killing Soleimani wasn't such a bad thing - particularly when what he has been responsible for organising is totted up.

Personally, I fail to understand why the Yanks left it for 40 years before they mentioned evening up the score for the 1979-1981 hostage crisis. The hostage event was something they should've attended to, while it was on.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-09/ending-irans-regional-ransom-tehran-united-states/11852446

• 2 weeks later...
The man rules by instigating chaos, he loves it. He's not happy to see things run smoothly, it's anathema to him, he has to see antagonisation, disruption, and disputes. He revels in scenes like that...

But most of all, spite. The main theme of his decisions as President has been to undo anything achieved by his predecessor. Michelle Obama showed so much class in her time as First Lady, but upset Trump's massive ego when she suggested they need an adult in the White House.

Now he has his revenge; on Michelle's birthday, he dismantles the achievements closest to her heart.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/01/20/trump-has-picked-wrong-food-fight/