Don't get me wrong here, But I LIKE Donald Trump.

Phil Perry

Thanks for that link, Octave; very interesting reading. I read a book review some time back; one of those post apocalyptic type fiction books. It was set in about 2030, and the world financial system had crashed completely leaving the petro dollar worthless. The government had enacted laws to confiscate all privately held gold and made the possession of it a serious crime. The theme being that gold will be worth something when nothing else is.

I don't know how accurate it is, but I've read where the amount of paper gold in the world far exceeds the amount of physical gold ever mined. Countries that are trying to limit their vulnerability to the U.S. based financial system are buying actual physical gold instead of paper. Russia is a good example. In the last 12 months, they've nearly halved their holdings of U.S. debt, and have been buying Euros and Yuan instead, as well as building physical gold stocks. At least that way, if it all hits the fan, they'll have real gold and not pieces of paper.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In another life I was on the Gold Council. We thought it a great idea to have certificates that people could buy to hold gold without the security problem of physical gold. But what happened was that many more ounces were sold in certificates than existed as security. 

Moody's Analytics economic models are showing an even bigger Trump win in the electoral college vote next year. Oxford Economics are tipping him to win 55% of the popular vote barring a significant downturn in the economy. They say they've only got it wrong in two elections since 1948. Not sure what all that means. I guess good economic conditions favour the incumbent.

There is a hope all the policy bungles will hurt the economy enough to make voters think.

The farmers,miners, metal and car workers are suffering worse than before and he promised a job and wealth. 

The economy will start to tank just like ours is.

Trumps strategies are very high risk and no one stays very long in his employ. Everyone but him is a liar (according to him). He appears to have the language comprehension skills of a disinterested 4 year old  chronic drug addict and has never read a (book he says so himself) and that is possible too. The chances of him not getting caught by some outrageous  activity and not becoming a national embarrassment is remote to impossible, one would think. ..Nev

• 2 months later...

It is an election year, there is nothing a Yank likes more than someone to hate, the President is God or at least God would like to think that.

The Donalds latest moves are just a way of getting him re elected in November.

You cannot expect the USA citizens to have any idea of what is really happening and from what I have seen in the papers, we are in a similar position.

No doubt Donald has found that Korea is not going to de nuclearize just to please him and if he pursues them much further the truth will come out about what happened in Korea. So he is going for Iran with an out and out case of murder. Remember how they went for Osama bin Laden for years and eventually got him, but they only believe in killing, rather than putting him through the legal system. That way it cannot come out that a lot of what the USA says is lies.

The really bad thing is that our government is so stupid that they will go all the way with another president. All to our and the rest of the worlds detriment.