Scotty from Marketing

willedoo

2 hours ago, old man emu said:

Here's the link to the Crikey story https://www.crikey.com.au/feature/holy-wars-australian-targets-attacks-enemies/#the-targets-in-chief

Information such as presented in the podcast and published articles similar to the one above make it clear that we do not live in that Utopia called a "Democracy". We are still lorded over by robber barons. Our information media in all its forms is clearly no different in effect than that developed and exploited by Josef Goebbels, whose products have been vilified as being tantamount to war crimes or crimes against humanity. Can we see any difference between Germany 1941 and Australia 2021?

A thing that gets on my goat is the vast number of advertisements "Authorised by the Commonwealth of Australia". Bull !!!! They are authorised by the Liberal Party under the guise of the Party leading the Government of Australia to pork-barrel their election campaign. And who is paid to publish and broadcast these advertisements?

RUPERT THE BEAR AT 100 (2020): Happy birthday little man | Elsewhere by  Graham Reid

And why is he so full of joy? Well, do you know this little ditty, sung to the tune of "Bring Back My Bonnie"

Rolls in, rolls in,
My God how the money rolls in, rolls in,
Rolls in, rolls in,
My God how the money rolls in.

http://www.rugbysongs.net/073 My God How The Money Rolls In.htm

I'd be quite happy if they banned The Australian - all six pages of it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, nomadpete said:

Six? Is there really that much left after you remove the advertising?

I thought that was with the advertising. Haven't picked up The Australian for a long time, but have walked past issues and have seen thicker feeler gauges.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's a no brainer that the government's election campaign will have a large dose of how well they've managed the economy through covid. I've noticed lately that ScottyFM has been slipping it into covid statements as a free plug for the government.

It will be interesting to see what tack they take this time, as their well worn mantra of Labor debt and deficit has gone out the window. Their other fallacy of Labor taxing us more will also be hard to push and easy to counter, due to recent fact checking making the news. The figures are there showing in the last thirty years the Howard government being the highest taxing, followed by the current Abbott/Turnbull/Morrison government, and the Rudd/Gillard government following up as the lowest taxing.

This time around, Labor is unlikely to have many election losing policies like last time, so it will be a bit harder for the Libs. Maybe this time, big focus on the economy and push the line that Labor is soft on that boogie man, China. There's still a way to go to the election, so Scotty will be working overtime on diversions to get a poll bounce back. Politics have become personality driven. If Labor didn't have such an uninspiring leader, they would romp it in. If Labor lose this one, they need to give serious thought to bumping Penny Wong into the lower house with a view to leadership.

• Like 1

PMT seems to be in trouble. Just watch and listen to his utterances on the TV news. He keeps coming up with a speech that says nothing. The other day he was saying about Covid, that we have to re think how we handle it.

Is that what we want to hear from a supposed leader. We have to re think. No idea where the government is going with it's thoughts, at least not from the speech.

He is scared stiff to say anything in case he upsets some of the electorate, so he makes a point of saying nothing in as many words as he can.

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, old man emu said:

Let's ditch the Americanism and use proper Australian nicknames. Everyone understands what ScoMo means.

There's plenty of Australianisms to describe ScottyFM. Dickhead, spieler, galah, shyster, f**kwit; the list would be extensive.

My first real insight into factory work was with James Hardie. As a young bloke, I drove a semi for James Hardie for a year. The job was to cart the soft green sheets of fibro to the other plant where the steam kiln was, and bring back vats of silica slurry used to make the sheets.

Occasionally on a slow night shift, I'd get a chance to wander through the factory. It wasn't easy to have a conversation with anyone, as most were migrants with limited English language skills. They had tedious jobs. One old bloke had sat on a chair for twenty years pressing a red button and a green button for every sheet that came down the conveyor belt. Another had stood beside the conveyor for twelve years with a feather duster in his hand. His job was to brush off any FOD that might be on a sheet going by. The sheets are made green then steam dried as a pack, so any foreign stuff on the surface of one sheet can cause an imperfection in adjoining sheets.

I thought some of the factory workers appeared to be a bit mad; possibly due to years performing a mind numbing job.

• Informative 1

My time in REME (royal electrical and mechanical engineers) didn't have any requirements to be trained to drive any vehicle. We just got in and drove them if that was necessary. The first motor bike I drove was an army BSA M20 and I used to change gear with the foot brake until i realized it had a hand clutch.

I jumped int a Jeep and took off in second gear, up to third and then up to top. Coming down I did the reverse, except I tried to get down to first, which was reverse, CRUNCH.

Backing a Centurion tank was interesting, the sticks work in the reverse of what you expect, but I did at least get a driving course for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I went to a talk by Michael Leunig a few years ago, he's a fascinating bloke. He got viciously sexually abused in his workplace by co-workers as a young teenager, and it has no doubt affected his outlook on life - but not to the point where's he's bitter and angry. In fact, he's quite the opposite, a gentle man with a quirky nature. He has the perfect fertile mind of a cartoonist.

He suffered a severe head injury some years ago, when he built a bushfire bunker with a steel hatch, and the steel hatch fell on his head, when he was wasn't aware it could fall on him.

He took a long time to recover from the accident. He's also got his own website.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/lifestyle/culture/cartoonist-michael-leunig-embraces-life-after-a-near-death-accident-ng-b88794334z

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Leunig

https://www.leunig.com.au/

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

Forever on the lookout to big note himself, Scumbag has hopped on the Tennis bandwagon. What a great gift to him that allowing a top tennis player in by bending the rules was to him. Now he makes himself look good, especially as it seems the Victorian government stuffed up. He should not have even been allowing State Governments decide who comes and who stays out. That is a Federal government decision.

He has also got most of the Premiers to agree to his definition of a Close contact Covid case. It has been eased to only include being in close contact with a case for 4 hours, such as in the same household. How can he square that with his saying that the Omicron variant is extra easy to catch.

What he is doing is trying to get the whole country infected so that they hopefully get some immunity and to hell with the effect it has on the hospital system.

With the extra ease of catching Covid he also wants age care workers who have been in contact with infected people to return to work as there is a shortage of carers.

His reasoning is that he can legislate to make Covid disappear. Oh that we could legislate to make him disappear. He could take the Victorian Premier with him as they are just about as much use a week old soiled diaper.

• Like 2