Scotty from Marketing

willedoo

The Parties don't "fix" the electoral boundaries but they would if they could get away with it. Palmer says what he is doing is "Democratic". ALL PIGS are EQUAL but some are more equal than others.. Who else has 100 Mill to blow on keeping Labor out. He looks like Heart attack material to me.  Don't forget Barnaby offered Kelly a place in the NATS. FFS if He's the BEST on offer they must be desperate. HOW would THAT have gone down with people like Littleproud and Chester.?

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, facthunter said:

The Parties don't "fix" the electoral boundaries but they would if they could get away with it. Palmer says what he is doing is "Democratic". ALL PIGS are EQUAL but some are more equal than others.. Who else has 100 Mill to blow on keeping Labor out. He looks like Heart attack material to me.  Don't forget Barnaby offered Kelly a place in the NATS. FFS if He's the BEST on offer they must be desperate. HOW would THAT have gone down with people like Littleproud and Chester.?

The trouble is, he's looked like heart attack material for years, but the bugger won't follow through!

• Haha 1

What I have noticed with Brexit, Trump, Morrison, and BoJo, is how gullible people are that they will vote for their own demise and erosion of rights/benefits/share of the pie if they are feed crap about how it is the other guy's fault for their lot. But, once the story unravels and it all turns out worse, people complain, but they still believe it is the other guy causing the problems even though the other guy hasn't been in power for over a decade.

Trump had some warped ideology to unwind everything Obama did - good or bad for the people who elected him. And the people who were affected the worst were the most vocal supporters. I still recall poor rust belt people in very vocal rallies supporting Trump and demanding the dismantling of Obamacare.. when the journo ascertained from a couple of them that their health benefits are provided by the Medical Affordability Act or some such name, and then informed those people that Obamacare and that act were the same, the people rejected it out of hand and went on with their angry chants. Similarly, poor people welcomed the cut to taxes for the wealthy and the property developers in the vain hope the extra money these people who already have oodles of, would trickle down in the form of rust belt jobs.

Here, in the UK, the controversies spout out at such an alarming rate, people are becoming desensitised to it all. In fact, BoJo incited a minor skirmish against the Labour leader and his shadow defence minister, and, apart from denouncing the attack, in Trumpian style, he cannot admit that it was his words that caused it and try and do better.. I reckon any pollie that stood up and said, yeah, stuffed up, really sorry and to prove it, we are going to do better and here's how.. may get some cred and support.

Back to ScoMo, this is a great video of his lies... but despite all of this, people will still believe the LNP smear and fear:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Ms Higgins last year accused former Liberal staffer Bruce Lehrmann of raping her in a parliamentary office in 2019. The allegations, which Mr Lehrmann denies, will be prosecuted in the ACT Supreme Court in June. The accused has had nothing proved against him and the prime minister is not entitled to indirectly influence by the power of his high office potential jurors in this trial.

Likening this trial to a heavyweight boxing championship, at the moment we are in the chest-beating lead up. We haven't got to the weigh-in, yet the Media has called the odds and ScoMo has slipped the defendant a Mickey Finn in the form of an apology in the House.

Consider these two outcomes.

1. Higgins gets an attack of the vapours and refuses to make her allegations under oath, and have those allegations tested. The case would be dismissed for want of a complaint. Where does that leave the accused? In the eyes of the Media he did what she alleged. But with the facts not having been tested in the proper place, we will be left with the Scottish "Not Proven". Although historically it may be a similar verdict to "Not Guilty", in the present day "Not Proven" is typically used by a jury when there is a belief that the defendant is guilty but the Crown has not provided sufficient evidence. Scots law requires corroboration; the evidence of one witness, however credible, is not sufficient to prove a charge against an accused or to establish any material or crucial fact.

For the rest of his life, the accused will be labelled as "The One who Got Away". 

2. Higgins makes her allegations under oath, but by careful cross-examination, the Defence either shows her allegations to be false, or that the evidence does not show the allegation to be doubtless. The jury would have to find the accused "Not Guilty". Forgetting about the two protagonists in the matter, what would such a verdict do to a very important social movement?

I am in complete support of the concept that no person should suffer from the acts of another, whether those acts be psychological, or physical in expression. However, if someone who has been maintaining a certain stance in public, and that stance is shown to be based on a fiction, then how can those of us who support the basic concept accept a stance along similar lines in the future? 

The aftermath of the trial of Bruce Lehrmann will rock society.

• Informative 1

That's why eternal vigilance is the Key to a functioning democracy. Open and Accountable  NO Lurks and Perks or "Spoils of Office" ie CORRUPTION..  Piss off those who are found wanting. BorisJohnson may eventually get caught up with but there's been a lot of reasons to be not Happy Jane.  Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Notice that the woman we never heard of is suddenly in the limelight. Mrs Morrison. Her husband is pulling her into the fray, because he needs somebody who has no baggage to haul him out of the muck. It won't work. Even his own team are looking for ways out of the mess they are in and as usual they never learn from history. They held on to Little Johnnie for too long after his use by date sand he lost his own seat to a lady who had never got into politics until the election. Whoever is standing against him I really hope he wins, so we can get rid of the lieing ratbag who is just trying to do a Trump on the electorate.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Now hw and his mates want to be able to deport visa holders who have committed a crime. Now that is not such a bad idea in my opinion. Why would we let someone stay here if they commit a crime here. Send them back to where they came from. But that is not what they really want. They want the legislation to say that visa holders who have committed a crime with a penalty of greater than two years jail to be deprived of their visa, but they also want to deport those who are deemed to be a risk to the community. Now how do you define that? My guess is that it is defined by the minister for immigration or whatever, which means that anyone who the government doesn't like is out.

Takes me back to Novak Dockovich. What a fiasco that was, ending up with Scumbag stating that Novak entered Australia without a valid visa, which was a lie. He had a visa and the courts accepted that.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Yenn said:

Now hw and his mates want to be able to deport visa holders who have committed a crime. Now that is not such a bad idea in my opinion. Why would we let someone stay here if they commit a crime here. Send them back to where they came from. But that is not what they really want. They want the legislation to say that visa holders who have committed a crime with a penalty of greater than two years jail to be deprived of their visa, but they also want to deport those who are deemed to be a risk to the community. Now how do you define that? My guess is that it is defined by the minister for immigration or whatever, which means that anyone who the government doesn't like is out.

Takes me back to Novak Dockovich. What a fiasco that was, ending up with Scumbag stating that Novak entered Australia without a valid visa, which was a lie. He had a visa and the courts accepted that.

Whenever an election approaches, the LieNP reverts to national security when they've scraped every other barrel.  Tampa, ISIS, Russia, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, in fact refugees from anywhere.  Now it's Kiwi bikers who came here as 10 year olds and have friends or family in NZ.

Oh, and let's not forget China.  Who of course control Labor.

The sad thing is, there always seems to be enough voters who believe them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

How can you be a biker at age 10? Anyhow without going too deep into it We are P1$$1ng Off NZ big time with this one and it's manifestly unjust in may ways and has been widely condemned world wide. .It's really another desperate STUNT designed to reinforce  the idea they are keeping you safe. Just don't bother telling anyone when you go overseas that you are Australian IF you want to be safe. 

Yeah ALL bikers are BAD. Watch out OME.  One good thing about this BS. IT proves they are $#!t scared  they will get voted out. The more they make a mockery of Question time the more Independents will get in. They are TRASHING the image of politics HERE.  Nev

• Like 1

Listened to Parliament for an hour on Monday. Very well-spoken, patient and polite people. Heard more about Morrison’s outrageous corruption of our national governance:

49 members appointed to the Admin Appeals Tribunal (a body vital for protecting you and me) were failed LNP candidates, staffers and ex-pollies. Few had any relevant qualifications, many RARELY DO ANY WORK yet they are paid 200-500K and it’s almost impossible for them to be removed!

Snouts in the trough!

Why has the MSM told us nothing of this rort?

• Informative 2

And yet, while you can easily find these facts, OK, how do the press handle reporting such largesse and corruption? They don't, unless it is any of the other parties of an independent. I see an independent has accepted a donation from a fossil fuel lobby or organisation - wow - the commotion ScoMo and the LNP are making about it, is like, well, the LNP never take such handouts.

Also, was going to drop this in the Coronavirus thread, but since this is about as much about news reporting, will drop it here, instead..

BTW, what is the 10 year old bikie story - can't find it in any of my news feeds?

• Like 2