Scotty from Marketing

willedoo

Scumbag must have a good knowledge of how to drive a forklift, or any other heavy machinery. how many times have we seen him with hard hat and high vis vest on those machines.

In the same way he must be up on military procedures as he always seems to have a be medalled and uniformed officer in the immediate background.

I cannot work out why the General who is working on the Covid problem has to be in uniform. I thought the military were not supposed to be backing political people.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, old man emu said:

…Unfortunately, the work ethic in the long term unemployed is so poor that they are more of a nuisance and a damned inconvenience to employ. As old bakers used to say, "They wouldn't work in yeast".

Sad but true. Lots of farms are being run by people of quite advanced years; they’ve learned to be wary of hired help because of the number of numbskulls who lack basic safe working habits- or any work habits at all.

If you want soimething done, ask a busy person.

• Like 1

IF you have a worker you can't trust you'd be better off without him /her and do it yourself., every time.

The chain's only as strong as the weakest link.. The saying was "He wouldn't work in an iron lung" OR a tub of yeast. or if a lazy pupil He hasn't got enough vitality to preserve himself from Putrefaction..

Time passes more quickly when you are busy.   Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Generations of kids have suffered parents who insisted they go to Uni and become brain surgeons, when many of them just wanted to get out of the classroom and have a go. (In my decades of teaching I often told parents that boys should be allowed to leave school at 14 and return when they are 28)

The few that have escaped the cycle of welfare-dependancy deserve our respect.

My parents didn't insist, but when your sister gets a horse and you get a set of Encyclopedia Britannica, you get the idea of their thoughts. So what was my eventual career? I was one of Her Majesty's Constables for 28 years. Just a local plod helping to pour oil on troubles waters. But I think that working at a trade in a workshop for all those years would have sent me bonkers. Not that keeping the peace was a life of constant excitement, but it was a different set of circumstances every day.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I did a terrible thing last night. Out of curiosity I had another look at Scummo's TikTok channel. He's got another two videos there; one a new year message and the other portraying himself as the good family man. The word cringeworthy is totally inadequate to describe it. I don't think there is a word yet invented to describe what I saw. I strongly advise anyone to not go there. You could be traumatised by the experience.

• Like 1

There is no emoti-response to that.. shock horror?

I watch a couple of Aussie political yootoobers and it is really worrying what his government is doing and the tricks they are getting up to, to suppress their detractors. When Yenn coined the term, Poor Mans' Trump, he wasn't joking... It is really scary how they are pushing further "defamation" reforms to make it easier to MPs to sue and cause you to lose your house.. and the anti-troll legilsation seems to take it further - under the guise that kids who are being trolled can sue for defamation - like what kid is going to sue for defamation.

I try to remain more or less unbiased with regards to political parties as they all have their foibles, but the LNP, NP,  and Liberals at the federal level, Vic and NSW state levels are really making it hard to remain so...   The Jice Media summed it up well.. there a shi7 party and a less shi7y party...

• Agree 3

The worrying part about the coming election is the vast sums on BS advertising that will thrown at the public by Clive Palmer with his UAP - and the huge number of dumb voters will lap it up, and Clive will pull in enough "disaffected" voters, so he can throw the votes to the Coalition - again.

The reports are that Palmer is going to spend north of $100M on winning over voters - and we all know that spending vast sums of money on advertising, wins elections.

One can only hope that the defamation court cases between McGowan and Palmer (due to start 31st Jan) only shine a bright light on Palmers BS and blustering, and self-aggrandisement, and bring forth a more generally adverse public opinion of this self-interested grub, and reduces the number of votes he gets.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/crime/palmer-and-mcgowan-stoush-set-for-court-c-5367549

Edited by onetrack
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Some expert on the ABC radio was saying Palmer's mob are using software to farm people's profiles from social media. That's then used to tailor the electioneering text message to the individual recipient. He said it costs about one cent per message.

Like all scammers, he works on the principle that there's X% of morons out there who are gullible enough.

Edited by willedoo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, willedoo said:

Some expert on the ABC radio was saying Palmer's mob are using software to farm people's profiles from social media. That's then used to tailor the electioneering text message to the individual recipient. He said it costs about one cent per message.

Like all scammers, he works on the principle that there's X% of morons out there who are gullible enough.

To win (or hold on to) government only requires a change of loyalty by a tiny % of voters in a few marginal seats. Palmer, Murdoch and the rest of them know how easy it is to manipulate swing voters. The LNP is already spending lots of taxpayer money to tell us what a great job they’re doing. A clever way to subsidize Murdoch’s media with public money.

If the LNP is re-elected they will pay off Murdoch by going after the public broadcasters. Expect SBS to be absorbed into ABC and it’s budget drastically cut. Also expect ABC being prevented from competing with Murdoch’s online services. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Sad 1

Sco Mo gets into the Sky booth at the cricket. I wonder if Albo tried that how far HE'd get. We have about the MOST UNLEVEL Playing field in the world here.. No other Country would allow such BIAS to continue unless it was a corrupt Dictatorship or aspiring to be one..How is an American owned media  allowed such power of Influence over another country.? Over half a million signatures on Rudds Official Petition to the Parliament which was quite complex to navigate successfully. Just ignored like every other protest..  Nev

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Old Koreelah said:

The LNP is already spending lots of taxpayer money to tell us what a great job they’re doing.

However, how much money is spent on telling people what services people can contact the Public Service to arrange access to? Three parts of nine tenths of bugger all. 

I can't see any policies which are for the day-to-day good of the community coming from the brains trust in the House of Representatives. The very many benefits that are available to us all from tax payer money are most likely conceived by Public Servants who have experience in their fields, and then something is shoved under the nose of the relevant minister to sign. The Public Service is the source of effective governance of the country, not the dills who sit on the green leather benches. I do agree that there needs to be some supervision of the Public Service so that really weird ideas don't get implemented unless shown to have merit.

• Like 1

The Public Service has been ignored and they outsource more advice from EY and KPMG etc. When you pay for the advice and choose the advisor you control the whole shebang. You also get a few jobs like for Pyne who is now with EY. Also Public Servants tend to vote LABOR and Canberra is a rather progressive Government, generally. Nev

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, old man emu said:

…The Public Service is the source of effective governance of the country, not the dills who sit on the green leather benches. I do agree that there needs to be some supervision of the Public Service so that really weird ideas don't get implemented unless shown to have merit.

In recent months I’ve been surprised at how quickly I get a cheerful, efficient response from Service NSW and how easy it is to use their app.

I believe its largely down to the dynamic leadership of this bloke:

https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/members/Pages/Member-details.aspx?pk=47

1 hour ago, spacesailor said:

stuff our lives up with their ' lawyer speak ' rules & regulations. 

Those who draft the regulations are constrained by the need to make everything crystal clear to the Professional classes - Lawyers and Accountants, because that's where the words that money talks come from.  By the time the high-falutin' language has been translated for the masses it usually means something else. 

The point I was making when I said that the Public Service is the best thing to run the country was that these people have weathered to storms and calms of a variety of political platforms and still managed to keep Australia running along well enough for the rest of us. It's one thing for a political party to have a plan. It's quite another thing to bring that plan to fruition in an effective way. 

As Sir Humphrey said, "The traditional allocation of executive responsibilities has always been so determined as to liberate the ministerial incumbent from the administrative minutiae by devolving the managerial functions to those whose experience and qualifications have better formed them for the performance of such humble offices, thereby releasing their political overlords for the more onerous duties and profound deliberations which are the inevitable concomitant of their exalted position."

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1

I am by nature a Liberal voter but had to vote labor when Whitlam and Hawke offered themselves for consideration. Now I am flummoxed. Mott Scorisson Is a dill and a fraud, but the alternative is unpalatable. Here in Victoria I have the same dilemma. A dictator versus a crook. Perhaps I need to emigrate, but where would I go?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, willedoo said:

Tasmania?

Sorry, we're full.

But seriously, the policies get made by the dills on the green leather, the public service HAS to put those policies into practice, no matter how stupid they are.

So next time you're dealing with a public servant who seems to be making life difficult, it could be because they're an arse, but more likely because they're limited to what they can do because of the policy created by the dills on the green leather.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Public Servants eventually fall into a certain mentality. Backstab when you can get away with it and don't do anything outside the square you might be called to account for later. Give your Boss the advice HE/SHE wants ,not the truth. Never miss an opportunity to grow your Empire. . Nev

• Agree 1

There's several ways of interpreting that. It was intended to preclude (often desirable) forward thinking not stuff that has to be kept secret because it's a RORT. Public service seems to tend conservative  in practice as it's safer not to stick your nose out too far ahead. SAFER to do  the minimum you can get away with. This is for CAREER Public servants who would not hold down a job in the real world of innovation where standing still is going backwards.  .Nev

• Agree 1