Scotty from Marketing

willedoo

3 hours ago, onetrack said:

How the COVID outbreak is smashing NSW, worse than any lockdown ....

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-11/how-the-omicron-covid-19-outbreak-is-affecting-nsw/100749102

Like anything Scotty touches, it just turns to shite. He always thinks he's clever but he's as thick as two short planks. This is where the Libs could run into strife at the election. They are devoid of talent, intelligence and good policy and have relied on Scotty as an illusion to put forward as the public face. He's becoming increasingly on the nose with the electorate, but without him up front, there's nothing left in that dismal party to sell to the voters. I think if SFM crashes and burns, they all do.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, onetrack said:

How the COVID outbreak is smashing NSW, worse than any lockdown ....

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-11/how-the-omicron-covid-19-outbreak-is-affecting-nsw/100749102

Quote from that article:

'Spending data analysed by ANZ last week indicated economic activity plummeting to levels lower than any other time during the pandemic.'

Scotty must be crapping his pants. How's he going to airbrush this one? Regardless of vaccination rates, as case numbers start climbing to record levels, the response is to remove most restrictions, throw the borders open and let it rip. You don't have to be that bright to see how that one would pan out.

But the comedian actually thought everyone would run out and start spending like drunken sailors to give him the needed economic figures to spruik in the election campaign. He's dreaming. I'll say it again, Scotty from marketing is rapidly running out of places to hide.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Tossing the Border Farce under the bus won't wash.  Do you really think some base level immigration officer is going to hold a world famous athlete, coming to Australia for one of the biggest international sporting events,  for 7 hours without the Minister knowing about it?  This would have gone straight up the line until the head of the Border Farce got a call and they would have either contacted the Minister's staff, or they would have been fairly certain of the Minister's wishes in this particular case.  

Plus - if the Border Farce made a mistake - why did the government contest the legal action?

If they wanted to keep unvaccinated people out they should have written the law better, and at this particular time with 280,000 cases in Victoria one more isn't going to matter.  It's just pure and simple incompetence.

• Agree 4

I read an article in The Age (Fairfax, Costello) yesterday by the veteran, Michelle Grattan, who basically supported the idea the LNP has lost the plot and the Djoko case is exemplary of this. It is no longer on the site, so can't link it, but thought for that masthead, it was almost cathartic.

I did find this, though (open in a private window should get past the paywall): https://www.theage.com.au/national/i-hold-morrison-and-perrottet-personally-responsible-for-making-my-grandchildren-suffer-20220109-p59mx2.html

Even the media that support him are slowly distancing themselves from him, As I recall, an editorial in The Age in 1983 said, of the Fraser government,  "It is time for a change"... I wonder if they will say it this time? If only to send a message if you stuff up, you're out..

• Informative 1

11 hours ago, Marty_d said:

Do you really think some base level immigration officer is going to hold a world famous athlete, coming to Australia for one of the biggest international sporting events,  for 7 hours without the Minister knowing about it? 

It definitively reeks of an air pollution problem in Scandinavia. If the plan was hatched at the higher levels of Government what was the point of it?  Surely Novak isn't the only person who has come to Australia with a similar medical background. Firstly, what about members of his entourage? What about people who arrived in the flights before or after his?

What is frightening is that if the Government, and I mean ScoMo's mob, planned this as part of a political battle against Labor, and the plan goes belly up at the first strike, how would they manage a military campaign to defend the country? Pop off to Hawaii? Maybe a Government-in-Exile would be a good thing. We could make sure they remained in exile.

11 hours ago, Marty_d said:

Plus - if the Border Farce made a mistake - why did the government contest the legal action?

The Government had to make an appearance in Court on Monday because it had the right to defend its actions as much as Novak had the right to challenge them. That's fair enough. However, to spit the dummy by appealing the umpire's decision, which was made wholly within the rules we live by, is a much greater sin and is counter to the culture we have created in Australia. The umpire's decision is final, or it was until the technophiles invented DRS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, old man emu said:

It definitively reeks of an air pollution problem in Scandinavia...

What is frightening is that if the Government, and I mean ScoMo's mob, planned this as part of a political battle against Labor, and the plan goes belly up at the first strike, how would they manage a military campaign to defend the country? Pop off to Hawaii? Maybe a Government-in-Exile would be a good thing. We could make sure they remained in exile...

We might joke about this, but perhaps the groundwork is already under way. Last night we saw an outraged citizen complaining that his family couldn’t buy a covid test kit, yet every MP has already been presented with a box of them.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

There's a good article on the ABC today about how every leader in Australia who is driven by "economic reasons" to keep everything open and let the virus rage, has been totally oblivious to one thing - our economy is totally dependent on a healthy population for every single economic gain. 

Those who follow the American, science-ignoring, money-and-industry-driven model, that relies on a constantly open society, with constant movement of people generating wealth, whilst ignoring the overall good health of the nation, are doomed to failure.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-12/covid-supply-chain-crisis-economy/100750814

Despite the serious planning and economic mistakes involved in Cuba's foray into Communism, they have got one thing right - the prioritisation of the good health (and education) of their people.

The Cubans may be poor, but their overall health and literacy levels are far better than their huge money-and-global-corporation-driven Northern neighbour. Their health system, medicinal skills and production of life-saving medicines is second-to-none and is highly respected on a global basis.

https://theconversation.com/the-scene-from-cuba-how-its-getting-so-much-right-on-covid-19-155699

• Like 4

The Cubans have achieved what they have despite USA trying to starve them of trading partners and the ability to join in the rest f the world money wise.

Scumbag is just showing how much he takes after the Yanks. As I said before Poor mans Trump.

The LNP should have learned their lesson in 2007 when the kept John Howard as leader while most Australians wanted him gone. It took an ABC journalist, first time politician to unseat him.  Well done Maxine.

I forecast some time ago that the LNP would dump Scumbag and I still go along with that. He is becoming more and more on the nose. Nobody seems to be able to trust him. Even today we have Daniel Andrews saying it is time the feds did what was required of them, rather than making no decisions and blaming the states for what happens.

I really cannot see the electorate letting his party stay in power, unless he goes.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I don't know who the Libs would replace him with. The only ones with much public recognition are Frydenberg and Dutton. If the Libs elect Dutton as leader, they might as well go to the governor and ask him to swear Labor in and save us the cost of an election. Frydenberg is uninspiring to say the least.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

Boris Johnson may be looking for a new senior role soon. I'd even pay the air fare and personally lodge the papers to retract his British citizenship.. 

Bad idea, I know. Maybe I should send him to the USA

Very bad idea!  Do you hate Australia so much that you'd inflict that clown on us?

I think the press make more about class than there is. At the coal face, very little has to do with herrediatory class lines anymore. Apart from a few hereditary peers left in the House of Lords - I think Tony Blair implemented a change that ended peerages through succession - the current crop will be the last. How are the Lords appointed now? By convention, when a lord resigns, dies or is thrown out (rarely, if ever for the latter), the Queen appoints them on advice of the PM. Again, by convention, the peers are advised in proportion to the parties that hold seats; the PM will seek nominations from the other parties for their candidate peers, and he will decide the final mix. In all fairness, it is usually reasonably  equal and one rarely hears of other parties complaining they haven't been fairly represented. Although the peers receives expenses, they do not draw a salary - and the expenses, I think, are capped at £300/day when sitting for those who live beyond a certain distance from London and need accommodation. The expenses scandal here were where MPs (of both houses) had a holiday home somewhere else in the country and claimed it was their primary residence so they could claim the max allowances while living in their normal home (that was one facet).

Now, it's not much more than the Aussie government in that if you pay your way you can expect a return.. except in this case, it can be a lifelong seat in parliament. =You don't have to be from the hereditary upper classes to get favour - you just have to pay your dues or sponsor a PM or other senior MP. Of course, in practice, there is still quite a bit of wealth tied up in the class system, so many of them can afford it, but equally, the new breed of entrepreneur also gets a look in now, too. And, like Australia, the Labour party here seems to appoint leaders specifically designed to lose elections.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Back to the SFM thread..

Remember in the pandemic, when SFM and his "team" said that they will be putting in place measures to support manufacturing in Australia, as the pandemic and the spat with China revealed how exposed Australia is. Well, here is SFM/PMT not putting money where his mouth is:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-14/australian-made-rats-await-approval-amid-test-shortage/100754808

To be fair, it appears some state premiers may well have also been short on cash, as well..

• Informative 1

When it was less than 1/3rd of what it IS now you never heard the end of LABOR's Debt and deficit Disaster.. It's SO different when Sco Mo's involved. It's nothing short of a Miracle How Murdoch works.. A LOT of money has been made by the "Lucky Few" in all of this.. IF you aren't on the right side, you ARE history.  Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Not all Rats need a test. There was about 12 BILLION wasted there in total and they don't bother recovering it cause it's their MATES.. They drove people on centrelink to suicide with their algorithm and paid a lot of it back when forced to. by the courts.  Rotten barstewards.. I will NEVER forgive them.  Nev 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Sad 1

Today Scumbag says Djokovic entered Australia without a valid visa. How come the court hearing a week ago said he was entitled to enter Australia and upheld his appeal?

Yesterday his Visa was cancelled by 3 judges because the minister said his presence here would excite the anti-vaxers.

How could 3 judges cancel his visa if he didn't have a visa in the first place. Was that a lie by Scumbag. I think it was, but it was all I would expect.

• Like 3

It's being reported that Scotty was going to ask the States at the National Cabinet to allow under 18's to drive forklifts to help relieve the labour shortage in the supply chain. His thought bubble copped a lot of flak so he's dropped the idea. Sounds like he had no idea of the regulatory side of things regarding training, certification an insurance. It's not as simple as just throwing a bunch of kids into the driver's seat.

• Like 1

If he's so concerned that the supply chain has broken links, he could quite easily make it compulsory for the long-term unemployed to take up employment or go without financial support. Unfortunately, the work ethic in the long term unemployed is so poor that they are more of a nuisance and a damned inconvenience to employ. As old bakers used to say, "They wouldn't work in yeast".

• Like 2