Scotty from Marketing

willedoo

Governments today end sessions whenever it is most convenient, but a “good faith exercise of the power” to prorogue parliament does not include preventing it from frustrating the prime minister's agenda. Scotty has taken the opposite view. Proroguing Parliament like he is doing supports his agenda.

5 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

Another strike at democracy from the LNP.. Haven't seen much about it in the mainstream media (ABC included - but haven't looked for about 12 hours).

As I say, folks, use your vote wisely..

And this in the parliament:

It was being discussed on ABC radio yesterday.

The whole point is they have nothing they want to put through except their stinking religious discrimination bill, which Labor hopefully won't support, and their toothless tiger version of a Federal ICAC which they don't want in any case.  Plus they have half a dozen nutjob rebels who are threatening to abstain from voting on anything unless the government stops mandating compulsory covid vaccinations in some workplaces.  So even if they wanted to get stuff through they probably couldn't.

25 minutes ago, nomadpete said:

And suddenly SFM is trying to prevent parliament from sitting more than ten days in the next seven months?

What will he do with all that spare time on his hands if he hardly ever has to show up?

Is being a PM becoming a part time occupation?

Maybe TLC thinks that if he keeps a low profile for until May, people will forget his constant lies and lack of policy.

Blame the other side for any problem. IF that doesn't work, make out they are snips and snails and puppy dogs tails. ALL very childish. AS IF you'd ask anyone in the LieNP if Albo is a good bloke? Repeating the BIG LIES is propagandizing.  Why do they continue to do it ? It worked last time. Nev

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Marty_d said:

The whole point is they have nothing they want to put through except their stinking religious discrimination bill, which Labor hopefully won't support, and their toothless tiger version of a Federal ICAC which they don't want in any case

That may be their point, but the point of parliament is to hold government to account for how they are "administering" the country as well as scrutinising and passing legislation. Can't hold the government to account with only the [Murdoch and Fairfax] press.

• Like 1

PMT was not surprised by the results into the enquiry into behaviour in the Parliament, or so he says. he also says there is no quick fox and the Murdoch press is with him all the way.

How come he is PM and cannot see a way to fix what any big boss would have to fix if it occurrred in their business.

He is saddened by one of his party growling when an opposition woman member was speaking. What sort of a PM is he?

Don't answer that it is obvious he is one of those who applaud such behaviour and does not want to act to stop it.

Even his applauding of Brittany Higgins has not improved hos position in her eyes.

2 hours ago, Yenn said:

PMT was not surprised by the results into the enquiry into behaviour in the Parliament, or so he says. he also says there is no quick fox and the Murdoch press is with him all the way.

How come he is PM and cannot see a way to fix what any big boss would have to fix if it occurrred in their business.

He is saddened by one of his party growling when an opposition woman member was speaking. What sort of a PM is he?

Don't answer that it is obvious he is one of those who applaud such behaviour and does not want to act to stop it.

Even his applauding of Brittany Higgins has not improved hos position in her eyes.

Recently, a female Liberal MP felt she couldn’t support the government and there are lots of pictures her besieiged by senior Liberal ministers.

She didn’t appear to feel very safe.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

I know the CES folded years ago to make way for some private sector provider...

But there appears to be a new emergence for ex pollies and mates of pollies... The SES - Scotty's Employment Service:

[edit] Although one member of the panel makes a good point, a board of directors is drawn from various skillsets, it was a little, ahem, enlightening of how to score a directorship in a public body.

Edited by Jerry_Atrick

Mr A Bot very publicly expressed the need for "Industry" to remember what the Gov't had done for them and "look after" those who had helped them. when they leave Parliament. Sounds fair enough except what is the imputation in reverse? IF you don't do your part of the deal all aid will be withdrawn?. The LNP use EY a lot for advice/research which previously would be done by the Public Service. Christopher Pyne now has a job at EY. Pyne may be the best man for the Job (Unlikely in my view) But HOW does it LOOK. A Bot got Sophie Mirabella a job (something to do with submarines) Work that one out.. Everything to do with Submarines has gone swimmingly of course. Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 2

The recent senate enquiry into the outsourcing of core public service work to private enterprise revealed how much of a rort this is.  Putting a staffing cap on permanent recruitment and instead farming out the work to private companies, who do it worse and for more money, and in many cases are multinationals who send their profits offshore, is just another dodgy LNP trick to make the budget for the public service look better when in fact it's far worse.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

With Parliament finished for the year, I was thinking about the pollies taking a bit of vacation time and it brought me to ScoMo's Nero-inspired trip to Hawaii a couple of years ago.

In normal times, I wouldn't have any objection to the Prime Minister taking a break with family over Christmas/New Year. After all everyone else is entitled to 4 week's annual leave. Why not pop off to a tropical holiday paradise? However, ScoMo is not just like you and me. He's the leader of a country, and as such is an assassination target and/or is involved in international political arrangements. 

I wonder how involved the USA's Secret Service was involved in providing protection to ScoMo and his family, and who paid for it. No country can have the leader of another country simply pop in for a few days without the visited country being involved. 

On another aspect, I wonder how many private meetings ScoMo had with US officials during that time. A photo-op only takes a short time out of 24 hours. That leaves plenty of hours in the day for discussions, even if the setting is a tropical poolside. Why did he have to go to such a destination? It's just as pleasant in Fiji. I guess it's because the Fijians aren't pulling the strings of Australian politics.

29 minutes ago, facthunter said:

The attempt to hide it was the main issue.

Nev, that's a polite way of saying they lied. The Prime Minister's Department, when asked by the press whether he was in Hawaii, said he wasn't. When they got sprung good and proper, they finally admitted it. That's lying in anyone's language. One issue is whether Scummo disciplined his staff for lying to the press without his knowledge and authority, or whether he was in on it.

Who cares about PMT taking a holiday in Hawaii. He does no good for the country when he is here, so it would be better for us if he took 52 weeks overseas annual leave.

So far everything he has touched he has stuffed up, but he has probably convinced himself that he is a success, but he hasn't convinced me.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, old man emu said:

I wonder how involved the USA's Secret Service was involved in providing protection to ScoMo and his family, and who paid for it.

I doubt he would need security anywhere in the US.. No one knows him, and even the President couldn't remember his name moments after speaking with him. Tony Abbot and Malcolm Turnbull get more air time here than ScoMo. I would argue it would be the good people of Hawaii who need security from him should he attempt to shake their hands. They are not as experienced as Aussies are of him and would not know to "leave him hanging"

• Like 3
  • Agree 1