Scotty from Marketing

willedoo

4 hours ago, Yenn said:

Who cares about PMT taking a holiday in Hawaii.

Back in the summer of 2019/20, Trump was President. He and Morrison we really pally. In a phone call, Trump personally asked Mr. Morrison in September 2019 for Australia to assist an American federal inquiry aimed at discrediting the Mueller investigation into foreign interference in the 2016 election. The president was trying to use American diplomacy not for subjects of shared interest, but for personal political gain, hoping to bolster his re-election chances.

If such a request was able to come to light, what other requests have been kept secret? Neither Morrison nor Trump released a transcript of the call.

• Like 1
  • Informative 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Our humble, man of the people PM and former TikTok critic has finally embraced the Chinese social media platform as a wonderful new way to flog used cars. His TikTok account is pm_scomo.

pm_drongo would probably be more appropriate.

If you feel like a good cringe on Boxing Day, here it is:

https://www.tiktok.com/@pm_scomo

Edited by willedoo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Scummo's judgement or lack of it is a much talked about thing. I wonder if he has any idea of the demographic of TikTokers. Does he honestly think doing this will present an image of an ordinary, approachable, knockabout, slightly cool dude?  Maybe I'm just too cynical; when I watch it, all I see is a goose.

• Agree 1

The latest quarterly Newspoll predicts Scotty & Co. getting the boot. Swing in the poll is up to 4.8% in NSW, with ministers Dutton in Qld. and Wyatt in W.A. predicted to lose their seats. Personally, I hope it happens, but after the last election I'll believe it when I see it. I remember the Labor camp popping the champagne before voting had closed, all based on poll driven confidence. Within the hour, their jaws had dropped as the numbers came in.

As an election strategy, the Libs only have what worked last time. Put up Scotty front and centre as the front man, combined with the mandatory scare campaign and a few fibs thrown in. Appeal to greed and fear. This masks the fact that their party is devoid of talent, intelligence, and good policy. The election result will come down to how gullible the electorate is.

The difference this time around is that Labor have plenty of ammunition for their own scare campaign. Three years of deceit and incompetence has provided no shortage of material for attack ads. If it goes Labor's way, Labor won't have won the election; it will be ScottyFM and his cohort that have lost it.

• Agree 2

Stop reading the wrong newspapers Yenn. That's ALL of them, but especially the ones near you.   Why put the ones back in who won't allow an ICAC? (for a starter.  Declare ALL Party donations in REAL time  and allow FOI.. When secrecy is  so  popular there's a good reason why.  This current Mob thrive on it. Nev

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

The interesting part of the equation is Hanson and Palmer. The only reason the Libs rule today is because dopey voters last time, thought if they voted for Hanson and Palmer, they'd have an alternative party in Parliament. Suddenly, their votes for "independents" turned out be just a de-facto vote for the Libs.

The scary part is, I hear a lot Qld voters still think the sun shines out of Hansons and Palmers rear orifices, and they're quite prepared to vote for them again - failing to realise that both Hanson and Palmer are merely self-serving individuals, intent on promoting themselves and their self-perpetuating policies - and if they fail to win seats, their votes will go straight to the Libs again.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Apparently Frydenberg is Australia's most "liked" politician at 3%. This, to me, actually means least disliked: https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/frydenberg-leads-the-list-of-likeable-politicians-20211213-p59h3d.html

And this states that the election is still to be lost by Morrison: https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/after-a-torrid-year-it-still-feels-like-morrison-s-election-to-lose-20211216-p59i83.html

These are from a Peter Costello masthead, and have treated the PM rather generously. There is no mention of the bushfires, his missing in action on all sorts of threats including climate change; the ballooning debt mountain the LNP have presided over since about 2010 (although there is a separate article on that), or even the fact that not only 2021 was a disastrous year for him - all years under his leadership have been disastrous for him (or more accurately, for his tenureship, have been disastrous for Australias).

The focus is on 2021.. and even then it downplays some of his worst shortcomings... The electorate not believing he is always honest is not in the same league as a world leader "knowing he lied"..

Although I do agree with the article in that it is his election to lose.. Albanese is not a strong enough performer to overcome the challenges to any Labor leader - that of a hostile main stream media. Today, however, social media has seen a flurry of independent (usually self-proclaimed) journos, but they reach audiences that are generally sycophantic to the particular barrow they are pushing.

Sadly, it will probably take another Bob Hawke to overcome the uneven playing field they have. And there is probably no personality on earth capable of getting the greens or independents enough credible coverage to be of any use.

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Sad 1

Frydenberg "most liked" politician??? Hahhahahhaaa!! Sounds like a Murdoch-inspired Lib lovefest article designed to sway voters!!

Frydenberg is no different to the rest of the schemers currently in Govt., and I've never heard a single person say they actually like him.

What next from the Murdoch propaganda outlets? That Barnaby Joyce is much loved by Australians?? Give me a break!!  :yuck:

• Agree 1

Former TikTok critic turned born again TikToker, Scotty FM, has been copping a roasting from the younger generation for his clumsy attempt at wooing their vote. It's been pointed out that the leader of the so called free speech party has blocked every option and setting for the public to interact with his account. No comments, likes etc.. Fear of criticism making him look stupid. He's always scheming - how can I spin this, how can I put lipstick on a pig. Forever the marketing ad man.

SFM.png

Edited by willedoo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

The problem with many news outlets is the way they share articles. But I have to admit, at this point, the Murdoch influence in the political survey run by Resolve Strategic, which was used in the article by David Crowe in the SMH and Age, appears to be minimal - on the surface.

But research into Resolve Strategic shows that it has a little-too-cosy arrangement with the Libs for political survey results - so I believe Resolve Strategic doesn't come across as a completely independent survey and research group.

Add Peter Costello and Peta Credlin into the Fairfax influence circle and you wouldn't consider the Fairfax group any more evenly-handed in political support than the Murdoch media empire.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/oct/22/thinly-disguised-political-research-paid-for-by-taxpayers-shared-with-morrisons-office

Here's how far Murdoch's Media Empire stretches in Australia and beyond - https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/rupert-murdoch-news-corp-control/

Edited by onetrack
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1