Scotty from Marketing

willedoo

I wouldn't trust Morrison to get lawnmower blades from Bunnings. Pyne was tied up with all the Bottom of the Harbour stuff and even sweet Sophie Mirabella. What could ever go wrong?    A. Bot wanted Jap Ones because their little ones were so good in Sydney Harbour  during WW2.   IF you had a bit of COMPETANCE you'd be LONELY .  Nev

• Like 1

I suppose you can't knock Scotty for his beliefs. Like the one where he believes the 'evil one' is doing bad things on social media. But now he has a disbelief. He doesn't believe he has ever told a lie in public life. That would make him a very rare politician. They should mint a special medal for this bloke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As much as I don't particularly care for too much more Scotty FM buffoonery, I fear that soon we will have to put up with another three years of his shite. I don't think having Albo slap him with a wet handkerchief will harm his electoral prospects significantly. Or in other words, I think we're stuck with the dickhead.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, old man emu said:

They are not lies. They were statement of the facts as they stood at that moment in time, and with the passage of time, experience has tended to alter the facts. It's only a lie if I don't abandon the earlier fact in favour of the current one. 

This confused nomadpete. I would have thought that by now he would be fluent in Newspeak.

The word "Newspeak" is sometimes used in contemporary political debate as an allegation that one tries to introduce new meanings of words to suit one's agenda.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, willedoo said:

As much as I don't particularly care for too much more Scotty FM buffoonery, I fear that soon we will have to put up with another three years of his shite. I don't think having Albo slap him with a wet handkerchief will harm his electoral prospects significantly. Or in other words, I think we're stuck with the dickhead.

Sad, but highly probable.. This is one time, I think we would be happy for Lizzy to take over... and steer the ship to calmer waters

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Sad 1

I know what 'newspaeak ' is.

OME your explanation just seemed too convoluted for me.

Now, however, after the application of 750mL of à nice red, I am still no closer to understanding.

Modern politics is beyond me.

Edited by nomadpete
The unspell angel had blessed me again
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, nomadpete said:

OME your explanation just seemed too convoluted for me.

The truth? What's that? Don't you know that the day has come when the truth is what we care to make it?”  Iain Crichton Smith, Consider the Lilies

Just remember what you’re seeing and what you're reading is not what’s happening.”  President Donald Trump

I was just trying to be a politician. If I have bamboozled you with what I said, then I've met one of the criteria to be a politician.  Now I'm just nicking down to Bunnings to get a white board so I can do some policy planning.

• Haha 1
  • Informative 1

From the news today.

"Prime Minister Scott Morrison laid his idea out most clearly in a speech to the Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry last week: “[Climate change] will be fixed painstakingly, step by step, by the entrepreneurs, by scientists, by technologists, by innovators, by industrialists, by financiers, by risk-takers. That’s the Australian way.”

The modelling subsequently released on Friday did not even pretend that this approach will achieve net-zero emissions: It gets us to 85 per cent, after which the great spirit of technology will carry us the rest of the way to 100 per cent net zero on a golden staircase of innovation.

I well remember when we were told that technology would make nuclear power safe. I even have friends who believe that it is safe now, but our government will not consider producing electricity from anything other than coal.

The reliance of technology to reduce our emissions does not stack up with what has happened with nuclear. PMT knows that but as usual he has done a lot of talking but said damn all. That is the only way he can hide the lies.

If we are stuck with him after the next election, the lies will come thicker and faster. Don't forget belief is the thing. If he believes it, then it is true. Never trust anyone who is into religion, it just proves that they are not clear thinkers, but only want to pull the wool over your eyes.

Problem Albo who doesn't know his arse from his Albo isn't up to putting forward a sensible argument against the LNP.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I don't only read murdoch news, but I read it because we have to know what the enemy is saying.

Problem is that when you look into what PMT says you see that he says very little. It is mainly platitudes and Bullshit, bundled up to sound as if he is really saying something.