Scotty from Marketing

willedoo

As I recall, this is what was called a 'brothel creeper', not that I ever owned a pair. The soft rubber ripple sole allowed you to move silently, except on a highly polished floor, when they squealed.

ripple-sole-desert-boot.thumb.jpeg.8dfbd7d109af469dd586d2d307d92e52.jpeg

I can remember utilising Brambles Transport workshop in Kalgoorlie way back in the early 80's for doing some mechanical repairs to our heavy equipment (can't recall the exact circumstances how we came to be "borrowing" Brambles workshop, but no doubt it was all due to the small business community in Kalgoorlie, and an arrangement based on "Mates who know Mates").

But the interesting part of working there, was:

1. Brambles yard and workshop was located in Hay Street, Kalgoorlie.

2. The (in)famous Kalgoorlie brothels were all right opposite Brambles yard.

3. The big sliding doors of the workshop were nearly always open to admit some cooling breezes (apart from mid-Winter).

And the fact that made working there most interesting, was that the "working girls" would come in about mid-afternoon, and sit on their porches and verandahs - in their fairly skimpy outfits - with their (very shapely) bare legs up on the railings surrounding the verandahs and porches.

It was extremely distracting to us young blokes, as regards trying to get any work done in the workshop. One had to be very focused on the job at hand.

I recall watching a show, I think on the ABC, about a madame who owned a brothel in Perth. This was years ago, when operating them was illegal (presumably they are legal in WA now). It was an interesting show - more about what it was like to own and operate a brothel - and the operation of the industry rather than the seedy portrayal of sex workers. The madame was previously a sex worked, and she also was a bot of a task master. if things weren't going right, she let her employees and hubby know.

She made an interesting observation that at least 80% of sex worked had mental health issues.. I would say the show ran in the early to mid 90s from memory. It coincided with a US naval ship berthing and apparently after a couple of days, most of her workers were taking sickies as they were too sore to continue.

Made me laugh that a few weeks later she was done for illegally operating a brothel.

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Like 1

Reminds me of Paddy and Mick, good Irish mates, who were looking to go into business together.

"Ah, sure, Mick, I reckon we ought to open a coffee shop."

The boys think about this for a minute, then Mick says "Not a bad idea, Paddy, but there's just one problem.  Neither of us can cook, and we can't even make good coffee!"

Paddy considers this for a moment and says, "You have the right of it there, Mick.  Ah well, how about we open a brothel?

Mick looks at him scornfully.  "Whist, away with ye Paddy.  If the customers wouldn't buy our coffee, why the hell would they buy our broth??"

• Haha 2

It's a desperate Libs knee-jerk Budget to benefit the Libs main backers - businesses, and big businesses in particular.

If Labor ran the enormous deficits this mob are planning to run, the Libs would be screaming from the rooftops, "look at these wastrels! - putting our grandchildren into massive unrepayable debt, for decades to come!".

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

The bureau of statistics is reported to say that casual jobs have decreased and full time jobs have massively increased. I haven't looked for the figures as it seems anything to do with politics is lies, or maybe damn lies.

• 1 month later...

Latest from Scotty is he says if you want to get an Astra Jenica jab and are less than 40, which is not recommended, then go talk to your GP. Good advice I would think, but then he also says the government will indemnify the GP agains being sued for bad advice. That looks corrupt. To me. Ask a professional for advice on a health matter, but don’t hold him responsible.

What I can’t understand is why Albo hasn’t picked up on this, or is it that Albo doesn’t really want to win the next election?