Scotty from Marketing

willedoo

• 2 weeks later...

This clown never gives up. Our dog whistling national embarrassment of a PM was asked by journalists about the Chinese surveillance ship sailing near our waters a couple of months ago. This is his quote: “I think the presence of the Chinese Navy – which we were aware of, and they were keeping a close eye on us and we were keeping a close eye on them – the importance of that is to highlight to Australians that there is a very serious situation in the Indo-Pacific,”

Thanks for highlighting that to us, Scotty. So what the dickhead is really saying is that there's an election soon, the voters are stupid and we need them to think 'the Chinese are coming, the Chinese are coming!' Never mind the fact that our navy continually patrols up and down the Chinese coast under the wing of our big buddy. That's different, apparently. I'll be glad when the electorate finally gets the sense to boot these shysters back to the opposition benches where they belong.

The Libs only know two ways to get votes. Fear and greed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

38 minutes ago, willedoo said:

“I think the presence of the Chinese Navy – which we were aware of, and they were keeping a close eye on us and we were keeping a close eye on them – the importance of that is to highlight to Australians that there is a very serious situation in the Indo-Pacific,”

What a coherent utterance - not. He starts telling us he has a thought about the Chinese presence, but then goes off down another path, never telling us what his thought is. We used to have Bushisms, then Trumpism. According to Murdoch, that sort of utterance is a Bidenism. 

There would be more intelligence gathering by the Chinese tourists than from a vessel sailing outside Australian territorial sea which runs from low water mark out to 12 nautical miles. Australia's Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) extends to a distance of not more than 200 nautical miles from the territorial sea baseline. Within its EEZ Australia has certain sovereign rights to the natural resources (living and non-living) of the water column, seabed and subsoil in areas adjacent to Australia's Territorial Seas and allows Australia jurisdiction over the water column, seabed and subsoil.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

To have a coherent utterance you have to actually think about things in a deeper context than "Will this help / hinder me getting re-elected."

Everything TLC says is for that particular moment only.  He is the ultimate example of living in the present, he wants to move on from the past as soon as it's five minutes old and has no care for the future past May 2022.  His recent laughable statement that he's never told a lie in public life, is actually true if you consider that in his mind the past only lasts five minutes and maybe he kept his mouth shut for that long.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Marty_d said:

To have a coherent utterance you have to actually think about things in a deeper context than "Will this help / hinder me getting re-elected."

Everything TLC says is for that particular moment only.  He is the ultimate example of living in the present, he wants to move on from the past as soon as it's five minutes old and has no care for the future past May 2022.  His recent laughable statement that he's never told a lie in public life, is actually true if you consider that in his mind the past only lasts five minutes and maybe he kept his mouth shut for that long.

I just think Australia deserves a lot better than a peanut like that in the top job. Problem is, there's no great alternative on his side. Him and his cohort make up the complete bag of peanuts.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I sort of agree. Australia deserves a lot better.. But I remember what my reaction was when AUSTRALIA elected Abbot. At first, I checked if it was April Fools' day. It wasn't. My next thought was, well, Australia, if you elected him, you get what you deserve. Some Aussie mates of mine were not too long complaining about him after the voted for him. I asked why they voted him in. "I could never vote in Labor".

Well, Australia deserves the pollies it elects.   But then, if I were faced with having to vote in the election required before May, I would find it a very tough call indeed. SFM and his party are definitely not electable, but I am not convinced that Albo could do too much to change things, anyway. And as much as I like Julian Hill for holding the government to account (if only the press would listen), he rarely offers a better alternative.. at least in his yootoob videos.

I would have to look at the greens.. but they are not what they were under Dr. Brown. Probably independent, or, as I lack the artistic talent to entertain polling clerks with imaginative art works, it would be an unmarked ballot paper.

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Like 3

If you want to destroy a system, destroy it from within. Our politicians are better than the Men from Marrs* at demolishing our faith in our leadership.

(* Marr's is a long established giant crane operator and designer company in Sydney. Their cranes are often seen on building demolition sites.)

As for Julian Hill, he's going to be the target of Conservative homophobia. But let's compare his morality to that well-known  root vegetable, Joyce. Julian Hill may be homosexual, but I can't find any information on whether he has been in a hetero relationship (he has a daughter) that ended as many do when a person announces a sexual preference. He states that he has had two long term partners in the past. Those were probably before same sex marriage became possible, so there would not have been the societal expectations of fidelity that are extolled by hetero society. Maybe the mature amongst the "Gay" society have the same expectations. I don't know.

At least he care. and fights for his daughter. Hill campaigned for amendment to Australian prescription drug laws following an incident in 2017 which left his daughter Elanor with a 64 cm blood clot after she was prescribed the oral contraceptive, Diane-35, to use as an acne medication, which is not approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration. 

Now look at the Root Vegetable. While he was married he fathered a child with another woman. Then on 21 February 2018, Prime Minister Turnbull ordered an investigation into whether Joyce had breached the ministerial code of conduct. A Ministerial Code of Conduct applies to a very small section of our society. The majority of society (hetero and gay) would consider failure to observe the oath of faithfulness in the marriage vow a serious breach of conduct.

In February 2018, Turnbull's office relied on a technicality in stating that Joyce had not breached the ministerial code of conduct when his lover was employed by fellow MPs, arguing Vikki Campion could not be considered the Deputy Prime Minister's "partner" at the time. That finding does not absolve the breach in the eyes of the people.

• Like 3

The Meeja must wear the blame for the current lack of faith ( though presently well founded) in government overall.

Ultimately, this results in the public placing ever more faith in meeja (rather than the government/s) for their opinions. This is the result of successful marketing by..... The meeja. So now, the meeja are in control of public opinion. And the meeja is seemingly controlled by....

And who do i think holds the big white brush of whitewash?

Edited by nomadpete
  • Like 1

Scotty from Marketing must be revelling in having the best marketing platforms behind him.. all for "free" (i.e. no money paid directly)...

This is a Guardian rendition of the holiday text affair:

This sort of tries to make it a storm in a teacup (which, to be honest, all Albanese needed to know was that he was going on leave - not where - so I think it is one)..

The ABC provided this...

Note the lack of a backtrack in the Guardian's portrayal..

Bit of fear mongering will get them across the line.  With Howard it was boat people.  With MrRabbott it was $100 lamb roasts.  With this idiot it's China coming to get you.  Whatever the lie, there will be enough idiots voting to make sure it works.

• Agree 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Marty_d said:

Bit of fear mongering will get them across the line.  With Howard it was boat people.  With MrRabbott it was $100 lamb roasts.  With this idiot it's China coming to get you.  Whatever the lie, there will be enough idiots voting to make sure it works.

Reds under the bed.