Scotty from Marketing

willedoo

1 hour ago, Marty_d said:

You can, in the next 2 - 4 months.  Just have to convince a majority of others to help you out.

You can, in the next 2 - 4 months.  Just have to convince a majority of others to help you out.

That's a hell of a stutter you've got there Marty.

Edited by willedoo
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Yenn said:

Forever on the lookout to big note himself, Scumbag has hopped on the Tennis bandwagon. What a great gift to him that allowing a top tennis player in by bending the rules was to him. Now he makes himself look good, especially as it seems the Victorian government stuffed up. He should not have even been allowing State Governments decide who comes and who stays out. That is a Federal government decision.

He has also got most of the Premiers to agree to his definition of a Close contact Covid case. It has been eased to only include being in close contact with a case for 4 hours, such as in the same household. How can he square that with his saying that the Omicron variant is extra easy to catch.

What he is doing is trying to get the whole country infected so that they hopefully get some immunity and to hell with the effect it has on the hospital system.

With the extra ease of catching Covid he also wants age care workers who have been in contact with infected people to return to work as there is a shortage of carers.

His reasoning is that he can legislate to make Covid disappear. Oh that we could legislate to make him disappear. He could take the Victorian Premier with him as they are just about as much use a week old soiled diaper.

Blimey - had a blonde moment, which is hard given the lack of hair I have...

One has to ask why any state government is performing vaccination exemption assessments to enter the country at all?

Be that as it may, the main stream media again don't help to give the facts, but play an agenda. The Victorian government did not provide Djokovic any favourtism. He and is entourage (as well as other tennis players and their entourages) went through the same process as every one else seeking to enter the country (when assessed by Vic). In fact, as it was the tennis, they  had a more rigorous process applied to determine whether or not they were eligible for a vaccination exemption. Firstly, their applications were redacted of personally identifying information and their origin - something to remove the bias from the process. For you and I, we have our identifying information presented.

Secondly, it was subject to a second panel to review as well; everyone else only requires one panel. And they are made up of various qualified medical practitioners, not politicians: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-05/how-did-novak-djokovic-get-covid-vaccination-exemption/100738684

Apparently, there were many applications but only a handful were granted, and Djokovic's application was granted in accordance with the requirements that applied at the time to everyone.

The MSM don't tell the whole story and played the favouritism card, however, when looking at the process, given it is more riigorous and less biased than for you or me, it would appear the Victorian government (or Dan Andrews) took the precautions  to minimise the bias risk.. So, you may hate him, but he is a darned sight more useful than SFM/PMT.. and I speak from someone who is grated every time I see him speak.

SFM is making this another dogs breakfast, helped by the MSM.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Now the Serbian  president has told our government to let him go free. I reckon he could go free, just get on the palne and leave. It was his or his lawyers idea to appeal the decision. There has been no call from overseas presidents, to allow all the illegal immigrants who are locked up appealing their decisions to be set free.

• Like 1

When is the Coalition going to step up and do what is required of it concerning immigration and quarantine. They have stood back from where they should be for so long that the States and Tennis Australia are making the decisions for them.

• Agree 2

I do agree with that.. I am not sure about Aussie court systems, bu the English courts allow expedited hearings where resolution is time critical (as this case would be)_. However, in theory, it is available to all, in practice the cost makes it only available to those who can afford to lose.

• Informative 1

Will he have egg on his face tomorrow when the courts let Djokovich in to Australia? Of course not, he will just declare the border force officials incompetent. On the other hand if the decision is upheld it will not be long before he is taking the credit.

• Agree 1

I reckon the Libs were intent on making sure Djokovic didn't come in, simply because they thought he'd obtained some kind of authorisation from that pinko, Commie-aligned Labor Govt in Victoria.

Anything that any State Labor Govt does, is bad, bad, bad, and must be put down at every opportunity. Just look at that madman in the West, shutting W.A. off from the rest of the world! Look how much he's damaged the W.A. economy, with his refusal to "open up the borders"!

Meantimes, W.A. has had 1,231 cases of COVID in total, with 9 deaths in total - and W.A.'s economy is largely intact, apart from those businesses largely reliant on overseas tourists.

Then, we start to examine that leading light of the Nation - NSW, run by that God-bothering, Trump-mantra follower, Perrotet, laying the NSW borders wide open - and NSW has incurred a total of 476,000 cases of COVID and 743 deaths - and the massive level of infections has led to businesses closing and losing millions, because a large percentage of their staff are sick, or in isolation.

The result in NSW now, thanks to Perrotet's "open borders" policy, is more massive disruption to manufacturing and supply chains, major losses to businesses (for which losses, there are no longer any support payments), and the NSW Health system again in crisis. Whoa! - but wasn't that, what McGowans "wrong" COVID policies and regulations in W.A. were going to lead to?? 

There are political dickheads, and then there are God-bothering, extreme right wing, Liberal dickheads. Even that doyen of the Right, Alan Jones, has been known to severely criticise these clowns.

Edited by onetrack
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Yenn said:

Not the border force people, it is his legislation writers that are incompetent.

Yenn, have you read The submissons made to the Court on behalf of Novak? If not, read them.

https://www.fcfcoa.gov.au/sites/default/files/2022-01/MLG 35 of 2022 - Applicant's submissions.pdf

On Page 2, paragraph 4 you will find this:

Mr Djokovic had also received, on 01 January 2022, a document from the Department of Home Affairs (“Department”) in regard to his “Australian Travel Declaration” (“Declaration Assessment”). The Declaration Assessment told Mr Djokovic that, “[his] Australia Travel Declaration [had] been assessed,” and that “[his] responses indicate[d] that [he met] the requirements for a quarantine-free arrival into Australia where permitted by the jurisdiction of your arrival,” that jurisdiction being Victoria.

Paragraph 5 says

Understandably, given that he:

(1) held a visa unqualified by any relevant condition;

(2) had received certification of a medical exemption from vaccination from the Tournament organiser, that certification being granted after review by a panel established by the Victorian State Government;

(3) had received from the Department of Home Affairs a document informing him that he met the requirements for quarantine-free arrival,

Mr Djokovic understood that he was entitled to enter Australia and Victoria and to compete in the Australian Tennis Open.

Blind Freddy can see that

1. There was no requirement for him to inform the Australian Government of his vaccination status.

2. A reasonable person, having received assurances from the relevant Government Department that they had met entry requirements, would believe that their entry was approved.

If I was in Novak's Volleys, I'd be suing the crap out of the dickhead immigration officer who unlawfully detained me. 

• Like 2