Scotty from Marketing

willedoo

Pretending to be TOUGH to improve his electoral chances. HE can't even face a crowd of women at Canberra. I'm sure the Chinese are quaking in their shoes. Pathetic performance by the PM. On a par with his "flash" welding effort and his other "stunts". Nev

Geez I'm getting so sick and tired of these Australians whinging about the inconveniences of he Australian climate. A couple of low rainfall years - whinge. A bit of natural forest regeneration - whinge. A bit of extra rain - whinge.

For Dog's sake. Don't the people know that there are significantly more important things for our illustrious leader to deal with? On Tuesday, before confirmation of a Covid infection sent Scott Morrison into isolation, the Prime Minister spoke about democratic values. “My government will never be backward when it comes to standing up for Australia’s national interests and standing up for liberal democracy in today’s world, which is demarcating between autocrats and authoritarian regimes, invading and seeking to coerce liberal democratic regimes. We can’t be absent when it comes to standing up for those important principles.”

"Standing up for liberal democracy in today’s world" isn’t a soundbite, it’s a calling. It’s a substantive task that starts at home.

• Like 1

It never ceases to amaze me how some politicians are so far removed from the real world. Case in point is this SFM photo op in Brisbane. He's not the only pollie who does this farcical stuff by any means. But what is in their thinking when they do it? Does Scotty honestly think there's a baa lamb public out there who will see him as rolling up his sleeves to do his bit in the flood clean up.

The reality is, he swings by with his media team and cameras, rolls his sleeves up, pretends to push a mop down a basketball court, and when the shots are taken they piss off to the next photo op. It's buffoonery. It's on a par with background noddies at press conferences.

25.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

One good thing about Willis photo above. He hasn’t got a load of noddies in the background. He would be far better off doing his job and taking some responsibility, than posing even if he doesn’t have a hard hat or high vis. vest.

• Like 1

I'm so sick and tired of hearing every time ScoMo speaks that unemployment is down, GDP is going up, and all the rest of the macroeconomic jargon. I've been in Gilgandra for six weeks. It took me a couple of weeks to find a doctor who was taking new patients and to get an appointment. The town can't get enough people to work in its aged care facility. The once bustling main street has vacant shops aplenty. Young adults, mostly of First Nation heritage, wander the streets with nothing to do. It is not economically feasible for them to into Dubbo for work. It's a 120 km round trip. Let's say that their car uses about 8  litres per 100. and fuel at the best of times recently costs $1.75 per litre. That's $70 per week just to get to work, as well as the one hour travel time each way. The State Government stopped the passenger rail service years ago that could have been used to run commuter trains. 

Then I hear ScoMo big noting himself by getting involved in sending military aid to the Ukraine. The Ukraine problem is an age-old European problem. What is happening now is simply this decade's return bout. Australia is too small a player. Anything it does is a mere token gesture towards the problem. But since the Australian Government can't send aid a few hundred kilometres to its own people in need, what's the point in sending stuff halfway around the world? And that stuff is not meant to preserve Life. It's meant to destroy it.

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

The latest government blue is a woman’s network logo. Some say it is a phallic symbol, but my wife did not see that. It does look that way if you are told, but why was the logo ever made that way? I would have thought some kind of net would be better than what looks like a penis when you are told.

Parliamentarians bring to the House their experience from prior careers. Most have come from the legal profession, but some come from elsewhere, like Barry Jones who was a teacher. (He did have a Bachelor of Laws degree.) So, ScoMo is supposed to have come from the advertising field. That is a field in which graphic design is a major tool for imparting the client's message.

Graphic design is the profession and academic discipline whose activity consists in projecting visual communications intended to transmit specific messages to social groups, with specific objectives. Application of this discipline produces a logo, a graphic mark, emblem, or symbol used to aid and promote public identification and recognition. Here are some examples

image.png.6805deff82c2025b351fd231f8a23842.png

The "dick and balls" image image.jpeg.c30e5ef73d213042a82e65d6170ec56c.jpegis universal, as are 858 Crazy Breast Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock  images. 

So, for ScoMo as head of the Government's advertising department (OK, so someone else is, but he's the Big Boss, or so he tells us.) to approve such a dick & balls and tits logo in association with an women's service is just downright incompetent. But put that accusation to him, and he'll do his usual - sell the dump to some underling.