Scotty from Marketing

willedoo

2 hours ago, nomadpete said:

Basically when shyte happens, modern aussies expect the government to fix it instead of getting on with personally getting on with taking action...

Many praiseworthy consumer protection reforms have made our lives safer and healthier, but also made us drop our guard: we assume the guvmint will protect us from stuff we should be taking personal responsibility for.

How to react to the recent floods is a perfect conumdrum for governments. 
Lots of sympathy and short-term help promised, but no politician would have the guts to tell flood victims the harsh truth:

-that they lived on a bloody floodplain, so why be surprised when it floods?

-that their house was much cheaper than those on elevated land.

Mixed into this political mess is the contributions to election campaigns made by land developers who -as we speak-are still selling house blocks on flood-prone land. 

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Tis the Season for giving awards to the outstanding contributors to our Society, and it is rare for anyone to be so outstanding as to be rewarded in consecutive years with the same award. But some people reach the pinnacle of outstandingness and become firmly ensconced there.

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present the man who did what France could not do, defend his well-deserved title, Scott Morrison - Arsehat of the year!!!!

Scott Morrison Arsehat

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/putin-s-got-nothing-on-our-defending-champion-meet-crikey-s-2022-arsehat-of-the-year/ar-AA15xxS3?ocid=wispr&pc=u477&cvid=c5069c722493425fb756332da0561bfb

• Like 4

We once had a premier called John Ohlsen. He sold off the electricity trust after promising NOT to do so " When we saw just how bad the finances were, we looked at our promises again". The next thing he did was to sell off SA's welfare housing, at prices going down to $3000 per house and 1/4 acre block. Sydney people were buying them by the street.

I always thought that when Labor finally got in, he should be prosecuted and made to pay big time....  what happened though when labor got back in, they made John Ohlsen an honored statesman.  For example he was appointed to the Adelaide Oval board and got paid $100,000 a year to have a couple of lunch meetings a year.

This helped wean me from the Labor lot.

• Like 1
  • Informative 3

• 10 months later...

I did wonder who paid his airfare (the Labor party slush fund maybe?).

He probably doesn't  realise that we might think he's down at the level of being a has-been politician's  noddy-in-the-background.

Maybe I got that wrong.

There is a big market for war tourism these days.

• Like 1

White Australians had to apologise to Aborigines for the sins of their forebears. Perhaps Britain and France should apologise for the perfidy of their forebears which is what started this problem in the first place.

Is the memory of the Holocaust being forgotten? Not if the quantity of history documentaries broadcast in The Discovery Channel and a multitude of YouTube sites is anything to go by.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, old man emu said:

White Australians had to apologise to Aborigines for the sins of their forebears. Perhaps Britain and France should apologise for the perfidy of their forebears which is what started this problem in the first place.

Is the memory of the Holocaust being forgotten? Not if the quantity of history documentaries broadcast in The Discovery Channel and a multitude of YouTube sites is anything to go by.

OME that very logical. I remind you that plain logic (along with truth) seldom intrudes on a newsworthy gory war.

Clickbait, fine.

Advertising dollars, fine.

Arms industry profits, fine.

Politicians photo ops, fine.

Sadly, human suffering on both sides is accepted (by those not at risk) as 'collateral damage'.

An seldom do the real troublemaking leaders get their cumuppance.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, facthunter said:

It can make you very lonely.  Nev

Is that what Sfm told Boris?

BTW. Our dear Scotty hasn't seen any close scrutiny into his last job. Does that mean he was really good at it? Or maybe there is an unspoken rule in Aussie  politics - switch off the scrutiny when one leaves?

Edited by nomadpete
Double checking spellfeck
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I read the ABC item on it this morning, and it was like he had a glowing career, only tainted in the end.

He was, and is, a "fixer".. does all the stuff underhanded that he can. He only has the gift of the gab to the gullible.

He was not great marketer at all. He was ousted from the Australian Tourism Commission after not just one failure. I was in the UK when those "Where the Bloody Hell Are ya?" ads came out. Seriously, talk about not knowing your market  - and knowing your market is the first think a good marketer needs to do. That would be like sending the play, "Wogs out of Work" over here.. I learned very quickly that is not a term to be said over here.. Think N-word. Also, can't call Pakistanis, "Pakis".. My partner almost swallowed her apple when someone casually mentioned it in Australia.  Marketers know that different countries have different cultures, no matter how close they are to ours.

And his departure from NZ was also under quite a cloud, I understand.

He is full of bluster and, like most who are incompetent, "Look at how good I really am".  How he was not yet been charged for perjuring himself in front of the Robodebt RC, I will never know.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1