Don't get me wrong here, But I LIKE Donald Trump.

Phil Perry

A favourite flight for us is to Brown Bro’s at Millewa where they have a good strip. But if you have the indoor Lunch menu it comes with appropriate wines, and she gets a double serve while Biggles drinks water.

Edited by pmccarthy
  • Agree 1

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes - Have also visited Brown Brothers from Moorabbin.. many years ago.. We used to be members of their Epicurean club.When my current SWMBO and i were living in Aus, we drove from Melb to Brown Brothers.. Was something like 5 hours.. It was the first and only time she thought about contemplating that maybe flying in Aus is not a bad thing... Didn't last long..

The Millawa cheese factory is also worth a visit.. They have some stonking blue cheese there called something like Blue Abbout... Blimey that was impossible to eat... tongue still tingling form it about 15 years ago!

A while ago, I googled australian wineries with airstrips, and there are quite a few of them.. I think Tyrells in Nagambie has one.. not sure if they allow visiting pilots. But there are plenty of others.

[edit]

Can no longer get Brown Brothers wines over here.. well occasionally Tarango will pop up... which is a red that is served chilled and excellent with roast lamb... Many years ago, there was a restaurant in Cheltenham (UK) that served it.. at room temperature.. I had to educate the proprietor to read the back label of Aussie wines because they contain a lot of information you don't see on European wine lables, like how to serve the wine...

Edited by Jerry_Atrick

You can liken Trump to cheese, but I would liken him to Browns wine. Not Brown Brothers, which is excellent, but Browns. It was absolute rubbish and i ended up at Dunedoo on new years eve with no wine. The only stuff I could get in town was Browns. It was rubbish. Just like Trump, so there you go. We are not off topic.

... one day we will be looking back on the Trump era with amusement and nostalgia.

One day we will look back on the Trump era as the period where America lost its way in world leadership, and its prime position as the worlds leading economic power.

Edited by onetrack

Civilisations and empires rise to glory, then fall into insignificance. That's what History tells us. The civilisations of Mesopotamia, Egypt, Greece, Rome, Aztec, Inca, Khmer, The Third Reich, USSR have all blossomed and died. Maybe in 2020 we will hear the death rattle of the USA, and the neo-nascent cries of the Indian and Chinese era.

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, nomadpete said:

It'll keep us all glued to the daily news just watching how the place unravels.

Unraveling sums it up perfectly. It's like a two sided coin. On the one side is the domestic decline and division, on the other is the decline in power and world standing.  Their power is twofold; economic power and military might. It all hinges on U.S. fiat currency being the prime world currency. When the dollar declines to fourth place, they won't have the money to maintain their military strength. That's a real problem for them. At present, they've lost the respect of most of the world and even the puppets interact with them out of self interest and not respect. Some could even argue that they are a laughing stock now. But because of their military strength, people may laugh at them, but they still fear them. It's possible that their military strength might decline someday to the point where other nations don't fear them. When they are not feared and not respected will be the end of that empire. What we're seeing now is a desperate life and death struggle to maintain power.

7 hours ago, facthunter said:

How desperate HE will be is quite frightening. He has already indicated HE may not accept the voting result..I fear he will WRECK the USA to stay leader of it.Nev

He's already wrecked the office of President.  Even Nixon wouldn't tell as many lies as this clown.  Truth, honour, dignity, intelligence - all attributes completely absent from the incumbent.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Marty_d said:

He's already wrecked the office of President.  Even Nixon wouldn't tell as many lies as this clown.  Truth, honour, dignity, intelligence - all attributes completely absent from the incumbent.

Out of all those four attributes, I have my doubts any former President has scored 100% on all four. However, most have done fairly good with the last three. Trump, on the other hand, doesn't rate a point in any category.

• Agree 2

You cannot blame Trump. What has happened was predicted before he became president and the Republicans stood by and pushed for it to happen. The Democrats have not done enough to stop it. The US population is so stupid that they cannot even see what is happening. Even foreign leaders are condoning the Trump regime and our own leaders are acting as if they consider trump to be sane and reasonable. In my opinion Australia should be giving USA the cold shoulder and making it clear that the situation is not normal.

The latest is that Trump will be the presidential nominee for the election and his opponent will be Jo Biden. That means it is rather the same as last time round. A clown against a no hoper.

Edited by Yenn
spelling
  • Agree 2

The Washington Post has been keeping a tallly of Trumps lies. As at 9 July the total stands at 20,055 in 1267 days an average of 15.8 a day but over the pat 14 months the average has been 23 a day. The one he has made the most is the US economy being the best in history (360 times) & No 2 that the border wall is being built (261 times). Doesn't faze his supporters though. Ask any one of them & they'll say it is true.

The media though have largely failed to call him out in interviews. If they try he usually accuses them of being "False News" or he walks out. The 2 exceptions are recently on Fox News (his favourite TV channel that he now has discarded) and the Australian journalist Jonathan Swann when he had Whitehouse cherry picked charts that he did not understand & was unable to counter when called out by the interviewer

Edited by kgwilson
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, kgwilson said:

The Washington Post has been keeping a tallly of Trumps lies. As at 9 July the total stands at 20,055 in 1267 days an average of 15.8 a day but over the pat 14 months the average has been 23 a day. The one he has made the most is the US economy being the best in history (360 times) & No 2 that the border wall is being built (261 times). Doesn't faze his supporters though. Ask any one of them & they'll say it is true.

The media though have largely failed to call him out in interviews. If they try he usually accuses them of being "False News" or he walks out. The 2 exceptions are recently on Fox News (his favourite TV channel that he now has discarded) and the Australian journalist Jonathan Swann when he had Whitehouse cherry picked charts that he did not understand & was unable to counter when called out by the interviewer

Apparently Jonathan Swan is the son of Norman Swan, the doctor and journalist on ABC who's pretty much Australia's version of Anthony Fauci. 

Looks like good journalism and a low bullsh*t tolerance level runs in the family.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 2

It looks like orange has won out. Watching today's footage of Trump at his press briefing, he's back to the dyed hair. When he recently tried natural grey and a less ridiculous comb over, he almost looked normal. It's back to the weird and bizarre. The bloke obviously doesn't own a mirror; the back of his head looks like the arse end of a duck.

Yellow Trump vs Grey Trump.

581.jpg

5f0.JPG

Edited by willedoo
  • Haha 1