Don't get me wrong here, But I LIKE Donald Trump.

Phil Perry

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe one good thing to come out of this is that people will realise that the conservative mantra about taking real action on climate change being "too expensive" no longer holds water.

Then again, people are people.

• Thanks 1

Apparently the orange twat has been dosing himself with hydroxychloroquine, which has not been approved for COVID-19 and may have side effects. (Although with him, I don't know how you'd tell.)

Hopefully he'll start drinking bleach too.

US doctors say hydroxychloroquine is 'not promising' for treating coronavirus, but Donald Trump is taking it anyway - ABC News

• Like 1

One of the known side effects is that it could make you act like a clown.

Those side effects are not good to tangle with. My wife had doxycycline or some such name, which is also used as an anti malarial drug.

She had nasty side effects that the hospital doctors could not diagnose, although a nurse had an idea of what it was. My wifes' sugar levels were wrong and the nurse asked if she was diabetic. She isn't.

Doctors said keep taking the drug and conditions didn't improve. She stopped and looked up the side effects and there it was in black and white. Doctors couldn't be bothered to look it up.

If a large part of the US population uses the drug I reckon there will be many with nasty symptoms.

If a large part of the US population uses the drug I reckon there will be many with nasty symptoms.

What, like vote in someone unfit to be President, fight gun control, fight universal healthcare... what were they on in 2016?

• Thanks 1

Come next election, the bozo's hard core base will probably stick with him. People like that have been waiting for years for an idiot like him to come along. And then there will be Republicans who just can't bring themselves to vote Democrat. The swinging voters who turned away from Killary last time might come back, even with Creepy Joe as the contender. Then again, if Joe has to stand down over aggravated hair sniffing charges, the Democrats might just shoe horn in a talented candidate who will romp it in. That would be win/win. No Orange Clown and capable replacement President to boot.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

In the old days it was Damn'd Yankees. Now it's Nasty Symptoms.

A bloke's ears were playing up, so he went to the doctor. When he went in, he said "Doc, I'm having trouble hearing". The doctor asked him "What are the symptoms?". So the bloke replied "Well, Homer is bald and Marge has blue hair".

Edited by Guest
  • Haha 1

Donald for president. I predict he will be re elected. That does not mean he is the best for the job, but he suits the average Yank.

Just think, by voting time the Corona virus will have run out of sick and ancient yanks to attack, The population will have been culled and those who are left will be stupid enough to believe all the lies they hear. They will be giving a great sigh of relief that they were spared. What will they do Go to church and praise their god and then vote for Donald. The Democrats will of course mot know what hit them and they haven't had a candidate to promote.

• Thanks 1

Come next election, the bozo's hard core base will probably stick with him. People like that have been waiting for years for an idiot like him to come along...

The Republican Elite have been working hard to fabricate a case that Obama conspired with the CIA, FBI and probably CNN to undermine Trump. Their extreme right-wing troll sites are pushing the line that state lockdowns to slow the spread of the pandemic were actually part of a conspiracy by the evil Democrats to sabotage the wonderful economic miracle brought by The Great Leader Donald.

The breathtaking hypocracy of the Republicans knows no bounds, as they rip apart the fabric of good governance to prop up this atrocious grub.

Trump has appointed destroyers to rip apart key government departments from within. Honest and dedicated people have been sacked for doing their job; others fear to speak out.

Big business is crowing as generations of progress in protecting the environment has been torn down.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how much Trump's never ending stream of idiotic Twitter tweets would influence voters. He's not Twitter's favourite boy at the moment. They've added links to fact checking sources on recent tweets which prompted another Trump delusion that he could get them banned. And now they say his tweet about shooting looters violates their terms about glorifying violence.

Could it ever come to a Twitter without Trump. It seems to be his main effort as President to sit up all night posting drivel on Twitter. If he couldn't do that, would the orange clown be like a pricked balloon and simply run out of hot air. It's still hard to predict the election at this stage, but Joe Biden seems to be getting a foot in the door by default of Trump's increasing madness.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

... It's still hard to predict the election at this stage, but Joe Biden seems to be getting a foot in the door by default of Trump's increasing madness.

Don't underestimate the gullibility of the American voter; the developing protests about Police killing blacks is a godsend for the Orange Grub, who might ride this Law and Order crisis to victory.

Joe's selection of VP running mate is crucial, given his encroaching Old Timer's Disease.

Then again, the virus could take out any of these Rich Old White Guys, but I doubt these "intellectuals" believe that is likely:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/may/30/australian-anti-vaxxers-label-covid-19-a-scam-and-break-distancing-rules-at-anti-5g-protests

Knowing very little about 5G, I don't get it. Protesters placards reading “5G = communism” . Do they think under 5G, workers will control the means of production, or are they thinking of authoritarianism.

Edited by Guest

You can never reason with a believer. Antivaxxers are just another group of fervent 'believers' refusing to filter facts from exciting (as they see them) stories.

I reckon the Trump believers will win the day. And likely consequence will be economic collapse and civil unrest for USA. As it is they seem to think that guns will protect them from a virus, next year they'll probably expect guns will get them jobs and fix their economy.

Edited by nomadpete

The weird twist is, for once in his life the orange clown has the right idea (for the wrong reason). Twitter / Facebook / instagram etc SHOULD be treated as publishers and be held accountable for the accuracy of news that is posted on their platform. Ironically though, he never would have been elected if that was the case, as the fake articles from his supporters and other foreign actors got him over the line.

Twitter should ban him though, treat him the same as any other idiot who keeps posting inflammatory and false BS.

• Like 1

The weird twist is, for once in his life the orange clown has the right idea (for the wrong reason). Twitter / Facebook / instagram etc SHOULD be treated as publishers and be held accountable for the accuracy of news that is posted on their platform. Ironically though, he never would have been elected if that was the case, as the fake articles from his supporters and other foreign actors got him over the line.

Twitter should ban him though, treat him the same as any other idiot who keeps posting inflammatory and false BS.

This article is interesting reading on the subject:

Trump’s Twitter tantrum may wreck the internet

I can certainly see plenty of potential for social media companies crossing the line. It's a tricky one.

Edited by Guest
  • Sad 1

Unfortunately I have a niece who is one of these anti everything loonies, her and her husband. Vegan, anti vaxxers, and anti 5G.

Beliefs - eating meat will cause cancer, vaccinations cause autism, 5G will give you coronavirus, but coronavirus is a scam. She posts lots of links to "expert reports" which support her loony ideas. However that didn't stop her posting around 50 photos a month of her daughter growing up on FB when people warned about rockspiders trolling the internet.

Ask a 1950's polio survivor if they wished they could have had a shot of polio vaccine. Until the 1950s, polio crippled thousands of children every year in industrialised countries. Soon after the introduction of effective vaccines in the late 1950s (IPV) and early 1960s (OPV), polio was brought under control, and practically eliminated as a public health problem in industrialised countries.

During the peak epidemics of polio in Australia from the 1930’s to the 1960’s, significant numbers of Australians experienced paralytic polio (between 20,000 and 40,000 people). This figure must be increased 200-fold to obtain the estimated number of infected cases during the same period. The original epidemic population is now an ageing one, and an increasing number of these individuals are now living with a range of symptoms and chronic conditions which may be attributable to the original polio infection, as well as the challenges of living with the effects of ageing with disability.

Polio patients in iron lungs.

1590905034426.thumb.png.8707fbfefb97c8f2480d42f7d744ce9b.png

1590904978883.thumb.png.7611451b4c80f1ab6e73ad7669324228.png

Our problem is too many people. Anything that the crazies do to reduce the population is a good thing, they are increasing the average IQ at the same time. Covid ? Let her rip. We need to get the global population down to about 3 billion.

• Thanks 1