Don't get me wrong here, But I LIKE Donald Trump.

Phil Perry

Unfortunately I have a niece who is one of these anti everything loonies, her and her husband. Vegan, anti vaxxers, and anti 5G.

Beliefs - eating meat will cause cancer, vaccinations cause autism, 5G will give you coronavirus, but coronavirus is a scam. She posts lots of links to "expert reports" which support her loony ideas. However that didn't stop her posting around 50 photos a month of her daughter growing up on FB when people warned about rockspiders trolling the internet.

Peter, is she aware that if posting personal photos on the internet, she should make sure the camera setting is not leaving geolocation metadata in the photo. Quite often, uploading to some sites edits the photo and the metadata is lost, but if the photo can be downloaded and the original metadata is there, it could cause a potential problem. One example is posting photos of something valuable you own. A thief could get GPS data from the photo, and with Google Earth, check out your location. Street view is a thief's best friend. There's also the obvious risk with children.

Here's an article that discusses it. https://www.smartdatacollective.com/big-data-small-details-metadata-creates-security-risks/

Edited by Guest

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For most photos in Windows, you can right click on the file, select properties, then details. If the GPS co-ordinates are in the exif data they will be down the list a bit. Usually between 'EXIF version' and the 'File' sub heading below it. If between these two, there's no sub heading 'GPS' and the lat and long co-ordinates, then the photo is safe.

Also some sites have the right click, 'save image as' disabled so people can't download the photo. It's just a javascript and if you turn javascript off in the browser, that right click download option returns. Browsers like Firefox have available add-on apps that have a simple toggle javascript on/off widget in the toolbar. Saves going right into settings just to download one photo.

Edited by willedoo

At dinner tonight, my son asked me to name any date in the past three years. I picked one at random. He opened Google on his phone and was able to bring up a record of the places he had been on that day, and the routes he took going to and from. Apparently there was no app that he had downloaded to collect and store the information. Google just does it. I suppose that's why my wife hates me going out without my phone, although the bundy clock keeps me on track, on time.

It looks as if the USA is unfolding and it is not all attributable to Trump. The brutality of the US police has been obvious for a long while. The poorer people of the USA are a large majority and they are well behind us in Australia in how they are looked after. It seems to be a dog eat dog society. There is also a strong gun culture although it appears to me that it is more the white part of the population that is gun mad.

The police I would imagine join up to contribute to society, as they do in most countries. They don't become a policeman so that they can be a thug. My theory is that the police are now scared, they know there are a lot of armed people around and when they get up close and personal they take no risks. We see that in TV shots of how police apprehend people. Scared police will not risk their lives and will as we see not care for others as they should. What is wrong in the USA is just a general breakdown of a society that has lost trust in itself. Trump is not the cause, but he is certainly not going to cure the problem. Just his egging people on to not conform with the health advisers advice shows that he is part of the problem.

He is in an unusual situation, he wants to encourage people to defy government, while at the same time being head of government.

I see the coming months as being a black time for the USA and I only hope that our government can keep well away from it. Unfortunately Trump is inviting our PM to become part of his entourage of yes men. He should have nothing to do with being part of G7.

• Thanks 2

Trumps answer to the rioting? Declare Antifa a terrorist organisation.

It's fairly predictable, but some public figures like Obomber's former NSA and others are pointing to Russian involvement in the riots. Darn that pesky Putin; we should have known he would plan something like this. Nothing wrong with the U.S.; it's the other guy's fault.

Ło

Trumps answer to the rioting? Declare Antifa a terrorist organisation...

His actual wording was "It's Antifa, it's a lot of radical left bad people. And they've got to be taught that you can't do this."

Meanwhile, Trump describes the fascist-leaning groups that Antifa is trying to counter as "good people".

The Secret Service is on the ball. They whisked the Orange Clown off to the underground bunker as the protester numbers swelled outside the Clown House. The hashtag #BunkerBoy has been trending on Twitter. What a comedian.

#BunkerBoy wants to know if it's safe to come out yet.

AurzC.thumb.jpg.d0b4d40d26436b7d83c0039dde2c994b.jpg

Edited by willedoo
  • Like 1

The Secret Service is on the ball. They whisked the Orange Clown off to the underground bunker as the protester numbers swelled outside the Clown House. The hashtag #BunkerBoy has been trending on Twitter. What a comedian.

#BunkerBoy wants to know if it's safe to come out yet.

[ATTACH type=full" alt="AurzC.jpg]53621[/ATTACH]

Classic, that's a screen shot from a movie involving another orange haired clown isn't it? Although the clown in that was nowhere near as scary as this one.

(Stephen King's "It" is what I'm thinking.)

• Like 1

Don't talk about him. It only encourages him.

He doesn't seem to need encouraging.

His latest caper takes the cake. He's now not happy with all the media coverage and people calling him a coward for hiding in his bunker and turning the Clown House lights out. So he'd decided to do a publicity stunt of walking down the street, bible in hand, to an unused church. He's got the police to charge the peaceful protesters with horses and use tear gas and rubber bullets to clear a path for him. Looks like what small shred of sanity he might have had is rapidly leaving him. Wasn't it the clown himself who said that he respects their right to peaceful protest. That is, until he want's a photo op, then gassing them is quite ok.

[MEDIA=twitter]1267612075536326656[/MEDIA]

Outside the Clown House before bunkerboy's bible walk.

A good lesson on how not to structure a Republic. This one's delivered a mad king they can't get rid of. Give me Lizzie any day.

Edited by willedoo
  • Like 1

Bunkerboy Donny is now saying that he only went down to the bunker to inspect it. I guess that's believable. His family needed to go along and inspect it as well, and as these inspections can take all night, why not turn the Clown House lights off to save a bit of electricity. A good president knows these things have to be done.

EZoTaMeWkAAbD-H.thumb.jpg.4e860a3846816b983064a3cb744b0a46.jpg

EZnZGytXgAE6POq.thumb.jpg.3622dc1b4a86bf705d8d2db403b35b07.jpg

Outside a church (for presidents ) He's never been to and a bible He's never read . (He doesn't READ books). Doesn't THAT show? Mike Pence was nowhere to be seen. Just a sort notice stunt to make him look to be in charge. This joker talks about FAKE things meaning everything BUT HIM. 6 Months to go to the election. Under pressure he will show what he doesn't have more and more. Nev

It looks like Joe Biden has officially gained the required minimum delegate number to be the Democrat candidate. A poor choice as per usual, but the election is there for Trump to lose, and he seems to be doing his best at that.

Maybe it's a play on Trump's 'drain the swamp' election slogan, but the anti Trump slogan 'flush the t*rd' is starting to gain traction.

We are looking at the upcoming election from our own Australian perspective. I am not so sure that Trump is going to lose the presidency. He is all that the Republicans seem to have, as Joe Biden is for the democrats, so it depends upon enough Republicans not voting for him and preferably voting for Biden. I just cannot see it happenong

We are looking at the upcoming election from our own Australian perspective. I am not so sure that Trump is going to lose the presidency. He is all that the Republicans seem to have, as Joe Biden is for the democrats, so it depends upon enough Republicans not voting for him and preferably voting for Biden. I just cannot see it happenong

That's a very accurate assessment, Yenn. All his faults probably won't cause any landslide against him. The election will solely depend on voter turnout in the few critical states. That's where Clinton stuffed up. Despite her blaming Putin for her loss, the real reason she lost was because Trump's campaign team was a lot smarter that hers. Trump's team identified the crucial states and did hard work there. If Biden's team are as dumb as Clinton's, then Trump will win.

Once Bernie Sanders dropped out to Clinton, his team had identified those states and offered to help advise the Clinton team but were rejected. Stupidity lost Clinton the election, not Russians. This election won't be decided so much by how unpopular Trump is, but rather by how dumb or smart Biden is.

Edited by willedoo
  • Thanks 1