Don't get me wrong here, But I LIKE Donald Trump.

Phil Perry

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Those who let it happen are the people who swap easily from calling him President, to Commander in Chief.

Are the Republicans really going to let him stand for re election. It would appear to be a stupid trick, but when the Covid 19 pandemic slows right down they may view Trumps handling of it as good.

Just think, say for example USA had 250,000 deaths, just because they didn't practice distance keeping. Now if that is achieved before November, those who are left will be saying "It wasn't so bad, we are still alive and making money, only a few no hopers and old derelicts died, but we have jobs and money, so that is a good outcome. Vote for Trump"

• Thanks 1

I'd like to say they've reached the nadir, but I wouldn't bet on it. My son asked me today if the US had ever had a good President. I rattled off a few - Lincoln, Roosevelt, JFK, Clinton, Obama - there's probably a whole lot more that did more good than harm too. But yes Reagan, Bush Jr and the current f*wit just keep raising the incompetence stakes.

• Thanks 1

My son asked me today if the US had ever had a good President. I rattled off a few - Lincoln, Roosevelt, JFK, Clinton, Obama - there's probably a whole lot more that did more good than harm too.

I'd add Truman to that list. Bearing in mind that a good U.S. President can sometimes achieve that status by default due to the fact that historically, they have a low benchmark.

How would you rate Bush senior. I would think one of the better ones. Nixon? Carter? Eisenhower, good?

Bush senior was fairly mild for an ex CIA man. At least his Gulf War was for an honorable cause and internationally supported. Probably not a bad president, although unfortunate that he didn't have a vasectomy early in life. Jimmy Carter is proud of the fact that not one bomb was dropped on a foreign country during his term. And as for Nixon, he did a lot of good things for his country that were overshadowed by the trickier side of him. People judge him by Watergate and forget his good achievements. Certainly streets ahead of Doubleya and the Orange Clown.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You read it. I read it. But will the politicians read it?

Just imagine that you had a bloke in your group who was acting like Donny, or Xi Jinping and their respective mates. You'd pretty soon wake up to them and cut them off.

But everyone will cry out, "But we sell so much to China, and America saved us from the Japs!" Well, I bet the balance of trade is cocked over to Australia owing China more than China owes Australia. And we now know that the Japanese did not want to invade Australia. They just wanted to isolate us so that we could not become the staging post for the Americans that we did.

Now China is playing the Trade War game against Australia: Australian farmers caught in the middle as China expected to announce tariffs that would end barley trade - ABC News Seems that to the Chinese, it is wrong for other countries to make savings in production costs and continue to trade at world market rates.

I'd add Truman to that list. Bearing in mind that a good U.S. President can sometimes achieve that status by default due to the fact that historically, they have a low benchmark.

Bush senior was fairly mild for an ex CIA man. At least his Gulf War was for an honorable cause and internationally supported. Probably not a bad president, although unfortunate that he didn't have a vasectomy early in life. Jimmy Carter is proud of the fact that not one bomb was dropped on a foreign country during his term. And as for Nixon, he did a lot of good things for his country that were overshadowed by the trickier side of him. People judge him by Watergate and forget his good achievements. Certainly streets ahead of Doubleya and the Orange Clown.

I'd agree with that. Mainly, although Nixon was quite strange near the end. Maybe he was just ahead of his time, apparently you can behave far worse now and nobody bats an eyelid.

But yes Bush senior should have had at least one less child, and so should've Trump senior.

The Orange Clown has officially presented the new U.S. Space Force flag.

28.thumb.JPG.63a19e9c01b6583299a9456df24e65cd.JPG

He used the occasion to talk up what he calls their “super duper missile”. More specifically, his quote was "We have, I call it the 'Super Duper Missile.' And I heard the other night, 17 times faster than what they have right now. If you take the fastest missile right now. You've heard Russia has 5 times, China is working on 5 or 6 times. We have one 17 times ...17 times faster"

Gee, aren't they wonderful. But it didn't take the Twitterati long to leak what is claimed to be Little Donnie's super duper missile:

jNfr.thumb.jpg.5ad07c96815fbb91567d68987738ebbf.jpg

• Haha 1

This pandemic has been an interesting test of the "efficiency" of the widely differing national cultures.

It seems those countries where people work together have fared best. Vietnam, sharing a border with China, reacted fast and people co-operated. In this country of 97 million, nobody died.

In the USA, where individual freedoms seem to be valued more than community health, the virus is out of control and might kill a million.

Free speech is where only money talks The rest have no say. In the US, EVERYTHING except what golden-haired Boy tweets is FAKE. That's a pretty big deal IF you think about it Sco Mo thanks the quiet Australians that obediently vote to achieve a "miracle" result. Sco Mo is a name he gave himself so it must be OK if I or anyone else uses it. A miracle is something else usually requiring divine intervention no less. Do one of them and you can achieve sainthood in the Catholic Church. That should TRUMP anything Don can come up with , I would think. The way I see it Trump needs a miracle or I hope he does IF he gets back we will need a miracle to stop WW3 . Nev

...Sco Mo thanks the quiet Australians that obediently vote to achieve a "miracle" result...

Largely a result of Murdoch controlling the news agenda and owning most of the media in key seats.

The anti-Labor bias in his newspapers was so blatant during that election campaign that journalists at the Australian rebelled in disgust.

Has any government been elected in this country without Murdoch's support?

Edited by Old Koreelah

...that journalists at the Australia(n?) rebelled in disgust.

Bet their columnists didn't, I've never seen such a bunch of Labor-hating right wingers. Tried to read the Australian once when waiting in an airport and literally every opinion piece was all about putting down Labor.

And released heaps more money than the GFC. I think the end result will be a change of narrative. The old line of Labor's debt and deficit ineptitude post GFC causing all known problems to mankind, will no longer hold water. After the pandemic, when politics return to partisan, childish nastiness, the Libs will have to run the line that their big spend and debt was better than Labor's. They'll push the line that it was better planned, better targeted etc.. And if their past form is anything to go by, it will be the Liberal mantra for the next ten years or more, until they get their next big idea.

• Thanks 2

... The old line of Labor's debt and deficit ineptitude post GFC causing all known problems to mankind, will no longer hold water...

Exactly, Willedoo.

But the voter doesn't hear the fact that Liberal governments run up bigger debts than Labor.

The utter hypocracy of Howard ranting about Keating's $160 Billion national debt; he then ran it up to almost $400b.

The Murdoch-dominated media always reinforce the myth that Liberals are better managers of the economy.