Don't get me wrong here, But I LIKE Donald Trump.

Phil Perry

"Trump is not even trying to hide what he is doing: he admitted last week that he does not want to give the USPS additional money because he does not want to make voting easier.

The corruption is so blatant that, if it were going on in any other country, the US would have invaded and promised to install democracy."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/aug/18/cheating-is-a-way-of-life-for-donald-trump-and-now-its-his-election-strategy

• Like 1

Trump is telling the yanks not to buy Goodyear tyres because Goodyear have banned their employees wearing MAGA hats at work. They are allowed to wear black lives matter hats, but Make America Great Again hats are a political article.

No matter what trump will stop any criticism, while vilifying anyone he doesn't like. I have decided not to buy Goodyear, but that was years ago, because they were not lasting long enough and cost too much.

He's an arse.  I hear Obama gave him both barrels today, the first time in living memory that an ex-President has slagged off a current one.  

If moderate and / or intelligent Yanks don't get out and vote to flush this turd in November, there's no hope for them.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

If Trump loses in November, he is still in the running for several Golden Globe and EMMY awards in January 2021 -

Best Actor in a Miniseries,

Best Television Series - Drama, 

Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series, 

Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Casting for a Drama Series, 

Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series, 

Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Makeup (Non-Prosthetic),

Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Picture Editing for an Unstructured Reality Program,

Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Competition Program, 

Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Unstructured Reality Program, 

Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Voice-Over Performance, 

Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing for a Nonfiction Programming

He'll be a big winner because he'll have more nominations than Merryl Streep!

2 hours ago, Bruce Tuncks said:

The most amazing thing about Trump is how he has a support base composed of: fundamentalist christians , while he lives a very different life and working people, while he was born rich.

Just why these groups think he is one of them is a mystery to me. 

Only 1 reason.  Roe V Wade.

The brainless fundamentalists would vote for a child molesting mass murderer if he promised to stack the supreme court with conservatives.

• Agree 1

A quote from a well-known piece of literature with a salutary warning about conspiracy theories

Matthew 7:15-20

(15) Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.  (16) Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? (17) Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. (18)  A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. (19)Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. (20)Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

22 minutes ago, old man emu said:

(15) Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

If old Matt was writing his book today, fake news would replace evil fruit. It's amazing that he knew about Murdoch way back then.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, old man emu said:

A quote from a well-known piece of literature with a salutary warning about conspiracy theories

(15) Beware of false prophets...
Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire...

Ancient wisdom maybe, but this allegorical language is completely open to misinterpretation by religious crazies.

That biblical passage thrown into a totally divided and armed nation like the US could lead to carnage.

• Informative 1

If you compare dictators, or would-be dictators like Hitler and Trump, at least Hitler got the autobahns built and people employed in industry. Hitler was just too up front with his racism. He wanted to be the leader there, whereas Trump is happy to be the sower of the seeds. Otherwise, they a like peas in a pod.

Gee, the chickens are coming home to roost now the U.S. electioneering is in full swing. Now one of his former best buddies, his ex-lawyer is dropping s*** on him from a great height. What would you expect, after Trump left him to take the rap for his misdeeds?

NEWS ITEM: Donald Trump's former personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, is featuring in a new ad running online and on TV during the convention.

"For more than a decade, I was President Trump's right-hand man, fixer and confidante," he says in the 90-second clip.

"I was complicit in helping conceal the real Donald Trump. I was part of creating an illusion.

"Later this week, he's going to stand up and blatantly lie to you. I'm here to tell you he can't be trusted and you shouldn't believe a word he utters.

"If he says something is huge, it's probably small. If he says something will work, it probably won't. And if he says he cares about you and your family, he certainly does not.

"If you think he cares about working class Americans, you're dead wrong.

"The President is going to talk to you about law and order. That's laughable. Virtually everyone who worked for his campaign has been convicted of a crime or is under indictment – myself included.

"So when the President gets in front of the cameras this week, remember he thinks we're all gullible. A bunch of fools. I was a part of it, and I fell for it. You don't have to like me, but please, listen to me."

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

Also Kelly Anne Conway his original campaign manager & special adviser has resigned. Not altogether surprising given he called her husband a whack job among other insults when he started the Lincoln group  although the reason is given as more time with the family which seems to be the standard if you don't want to get a string of insulting derogatory tweets from the Orange dork. Plus 27 former republican members of congress including 3 former Senators have banded together to announce their support for Biden.

The writing is on the wall.

Edited by kgwilson

What I cannot understand is why the Republican party is behind him. Surely they are getting the same media information about what he does as we are. How could they want him for a further 4 years, or as Trump himself is pushing for a further 12 years.

Either we are not getting a clear picture, which would not surprise me, or the Republicans are truly mad. I am wondering if they are promoting mass rallies with little thought about safety from Covid 19 as a way to get him infected and therefore out of the picture. I predicted this quite some time ago and as most of my predictions are usually incorrect, I would love this to be an exception.

The problem is, his support comes from the mega rich tycoons who see him as a gravy train to add to their illgotten wealth. As long as he's there, the pharmaceutical, oil and munitions barons will keep stockpiling their filthy lucre, at the expense of the uneducated gullible lower classes. They couldn't see a train if it ran over them, as long as they have a gun in their hand. 

• Agree 1

Tomorrow the U.S. Air Force is sending six B-52 bombers on a taxpayer funded jaunt to fly over all thirty NATO countries in one day. They say it's for a show of solidarity with the other NATO members. Putin will be shaking in his boots, no doubt. Or shaking with laughter, one or the other.

Edited by willedoo

I wonder if this was a decision by the military to counter Trumps attitude towards the other NATO countries saying they weren't contributing enough. The cost of this stunt with 65 year old aircraft is probably equal to the annual contribution of the smaller NATO members. Fuel capacity is almost 48,000 US gallons with a ferry range of 8,700 NM so they are thirsty beasts.

The fact that they are still flying is impressive. Their use as a promo probably not unreasonable as they are pretty big & slow at 440 knots so easy to spot. As a deterrent though they are almost completely useless unless they are carrying Nukes.