GRIPES

Phil Perry

I inherited my late mothers mobile home,

BUT

NSW s 'services ' refused to let me reregister it or change the ownership,

As the previous owner had Not signed the transfer paper.

BUT

They did allow me to scrap it , then surrender the plates to them.

spacesailor

8 hours ago, spacesailor said:

I inherited my late mothers mobile home,

BUT

NSW s 'services ' refused to let me reregister it or change the ownership,

As the previous owner had Not signed the transfer paper.

BUT

They did allow me to scrap it , then surrender the plates to them.

spacesailor

https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/transfer-vehicle-registration-due-death-registered-operator

10 hours ago, Marty_d said:

Spacey is correct. The vehicle had not been legally transferred from the original owner to his mother, so according the RMS, it was still the property of the original owner. Also they hadn't been paid the transfer fee and stamp duty within the specified time, so that's an offence.

Because I had documentation to show that my wife was deceased, I was able to transfer the registration of her car into my name. That took about five minutes. A bit longer as I had to change my bike to full registration and her car to pensioner discount.

• Informative 1

Red plates?

Well "P" plate is a warning, to beware of the inexperienced overconfident youth in charge of a motor vehicle.

So I guess that Red Plates mean.......

"Warning! Geriatric Motorcyclist Ahead"

to normal road users

Edited by nomadpete
random extra letters appearr in some texxt
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marty_d said:

Sometimes the long grey beard protruding from under the helmet is a fair indication of old-fartness.

I've just shaved off my face fungus as a sign of starting the next phase of my life. Does that mean that I am now just a grumpy old poop? Pop

• Like 1

I had a beard from about 1981 to 1994. It was a big red beard, although my hair was brown, then. I met my wife in 1990, and she was quite accepting of my beard.

However, when we were on holiday in Nth Qld in 1994, I got sick of it, and shaved it all off. It took her 2 days to realise I no longer had a beard!! 

• Haha 2

I shaved mine off just before caming back from working away for a few months and sat waiting for my wife in a coffee shop. She scanned the room and gave up, then much later recognised me.

Another time she didn’t notice the lack of fungus for 72 hours, saying “there’s something different about your hair…”

• Like 1

People would say there's "something different" about you but not know what it was. My wife reckons "You look OLDER ' with it. which is not an asset except really old people give up their seat  for you and that is a bit of a shock as well as  a delicate situation to extricate yourself from. Nev.

• Like 1

It all depends upon what you use to recognise someone.

I have shaved off my beard and some people have no idea who I am, while others don't notice that the beard is gone. They recognise me by my eyebrows, which are the ones John Howard copied.

• Haha 3

Why is the number of slices in a sliced loaf of bread, uneven? I'm continually getting to the end of a loaf to find I have one slice left over, after taking two slices at a time for breakfast toast and a lunchtime sandwich. It makes me think that sliced bread is not the greatest thing since ...

• Haha 1