This is scary - how AI is now even writing the articles you read

'' As long as you don't mind it flying the plane ''

If all those test questions were SO blooody essential to flying an aircraft, Why do the majority of pilots have ' electronic flight bags ' as well as ALL the electronic  gismoes  they can afford .?

when getting trained for sailing . the Big thing was Not to rely on ' electronics ( GPS ) or even programmable calculators , ( HP41 type ).  ( I couldn't afford to have more than One sextant as it was the price of 2 or 3 top calculator's . ( WE no longer have to fly using a '' Bubble-sextant '' ),

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiOpfi9x6D9AhUf2TgGHXh9CO4QFnoECA0QAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FBubble_octant&usg=AOvVaw3caGmiSsJB_WCdwnWQQEsL

Gave up loading pictures .

Edited by spacesailor
Grammer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

BUT

Can I use that ' super inteligent ' A I ,to sit my test for aviation ,

I only need a ' memory chip ' to get me through .

Four pages of abreviations to memorise , is far more than my feeble mind can grasp .

When you have an edge , some one, close to relate too it's probably easier. 

And I hope you ALL will help me learn to fly my new ' G6 Sirus ' plane in June .

spacesailor

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2023 at 12:24 PM, facthunter said:

When the Manhattan Project tested the  first atomic device they did not know whether  they would set off a chain reaction and destroy the  entire world.   Nev

Those were interesting times, when mortal men gambled all on producing a war-winning weapon. I remember a scene from an old B&W movie about the first nuclear pile; a condemned man stood by with a big hammer, ready to smash the apparatus if it went out of control, and thereby ensuring his own hideous death.

The future of the world left in the hands of a convicted criminal.

• Informative 2

On 29/05/2022 at 5:22 PM, old man emu said:

I can see where AI can be used for creating mundane communications such as advertisements and, following them, instruction manuals,

That is what I wrote nearly a year ago. This week I saw the result. My son is working on a sales website for a flooring company. He has to write a description of each product for customer's information. What he did was to upload the flooring's spec sheet to ChatGPT and told it to write a description. It did that in a few moments. Since he has hundreds of individual examples of flooring to describe, CahtGPT is saving him heaps of time and the descriptions are all  written the same way. He doesn't have to cut & paste them individually.

I can't give you a link to the website he is building, because like all Tradies, he's behind schedule.

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

On 22/3/2023 at 7:52 PM, old man emu said:

What he did was to upload the flooring's spec sheet to ChatGPT and told it to write a description. It did that in a few moments. Since he has hundreds of individual examples of flooring to describe, CahtGPT is saving him heaps of time and the descriptions are all  written the same way. He doesn't have to cut & paste them individually.

I predict lots of school teachers will use this app to write kids’ progress reports. It would save an awful lot of tedious repetition and the bot would probably produce more imaginative scripts.

• Informative 2

7 hours ago, Old Koreelah said:

I predict lots of school teachers will use this app to write kids’ progress reports

Student reports are written using data collected within the classroom over the course of the reporting period. The data doesn't get uploaded to the Internet where it could be accessed by the information gathering bots of AI. So, teachers will still have to rely on the age-old cliches  - "needs to work harder" and "contributes to class discussion", to describe the stereotypical "Johnny" who really is a little shit. Because if teachers really reported accurately, the Karens of this world would be hammering down the Principal's door claiming that Miss Kafoops was doing untold psychological damage to their darling child.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, old man emu said:

The Peril of Porsche.

Bugger! Don't you hate it when you are the source of a misquote?

I thought that the  radio serial I wanted to pun with was "The Perils of Portia" which I thought was a radio soapy. But the correct name of the serial was "Portia Faces Life" Then I found the 1914 serial, "Perils of Pauline" while looking for "the Perils of Portia". Thinking back, a logical explanation is that the "Perils of Portia" could have been my Dad's witty name for "Portia faces Life" which was popular in the 1950s.

Whichever was the source, I think most of you would be too young to get the pun. Obviously it was based on the fact that the German car designer, Ferdinand Porsche, designed the Volkswagen.  

• Informative 2

• 2 weeks later...

A computer of itself is simply a tool. It is not a deity. Like any tool, there needs to be someone to design and build the physical object. There needs to be someone to specify what work the computer must do for the user. Based on those needs, there has to be someone to write the instructions (software) required by the operating system of the computer to fulfil the needs. Finally there needs to be a person to connect all the ancillary hardware together to make a network, and set up the computer in a workspace.

After all that is done, the worker needs to learn to use the software specific to the worker's job. How many of us are really masters of the word processing software that we favour. Can you use all the features of the spreadsheet program that might have come as part of a business package? Who is a whizz at CAD? Or graphic design software. 

To use all these tools a person has to have a background in the tasks that the software is enabling us to do more efficiently. Without that background we collide with GIGO. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

But !!!! .

I only require that, A blooody I , to do one thing at a time . All other functions are superious at thst particular time.

SO

Can I get throught the ' aviation tests ' with that " chatgp " .! , will it know that " icing " is Not caused by tempreture.  But only by " moisture content in the air " .

THEN I'll need a tutorial so I can use it . 

"  WAY ABOVE MY EDUCATION " .

spacesailor

As an AI language model, I can certainly help you understand how AI can assist you in passing your aviation exams, Spacesailor! First and foremost, AI can provide you with access to a vast amount of aviation-related information and resources that can aid in your exam preparation. By utilizing AI-powered search engines, online databases, and learning platforms, you can quickly access relevant study materials, practice exams, and instructional videos to enhance your understanding of aviation concepts and procedures.

Furthermore, AI-powered adaptive learning platforms can tailor study plans and materials to your individual learning style and pace. These platforms can use machine learning algorithms to analyze your performance in practice exams and assessments, identify your strengths and weaknesses, and provide personalized feedback and recommendations for improvement. This can help you optimize your study time and focus on areas that require more attention, increasing your chances of success in your aviation exams.

Lastly, AI can also provide real-time feedback and assistance during practice simulations and training exercises. Virtual aviation training programs that utilize AI algorithms can simulate various flight scenarios and provide immediate feedback on your performance, allowing you to practice and refine your skills in a safe and controlled environment. AI can also analyze your decision-making process, flight maneuvers, and adherence to aviation regulations, helping you identify areas for improvement and enhancing your overall performance.

In summary, AI can support your aviation exam preparation by providing access to vast information, personalized learning experiences, and real-time feedback during simulations. By leveraging AI-powered tools and platforms, you can optimize your study efforts, enhance your understanding of aviation concepts, and improve your performance in exams and practical assessments. Best of luck with your aviation exams, Spacesailor, from ChatGPT.

(written in 2.6 seconds).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1