Don't get me wrong here, But I LIKE Donald Trump.

Phil Perry

I was going to say that Trump is the least likely President, ex or otherwise, to be assassinated since the sort of nutters who do that sort of thing are the ones who are supporting him. But who can tell?

He  upended and inverted yet another political convention: optimism. Not for him Ronald Reagan’s Morning in America or Bill Clinton’s Place called Hope or Barack Obama’s Yes, we can. Instead only murder, mayhem and total darkness.  In what should have been a rousing "I told you so", speech after he swept to victory after victory on Super Tuesday, all but clinching the Republican presidential nomination, you wouldn’t have known it from his joyless victory speech. It was a 19-minute speech laden with doom and gloom about the state of the nation. So bad in fact that some people walked out of the ballroom where the faithful were gathered to celebrate.

This was Trump as Eeyore at a time when the faithful were expecting Tigger.

But I might be wrong about the nutter with a gun. It seems that the Left is calling the announcement, that the Supreme Court's unanimous decision that a State could not ban him from running, is not true and that the Court was split 5-4. Not that such an thing would change the ultimate effect of the decision.

Our best hope now is for the God of these god-fearing people to come to their aid and call His child unto Him.

• Sad 1

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, old man emu said:

Our best hope now is for the God of these god-fearing people to come to their aid and call His child unto Him.

If there was a god who would accept Trump as his child, the world has bigger problems than we thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I found an interesting YooToob video where a bloke who is obviously a Bible-basher, claims Trump is actually the Antichrist, as described in the Bible.

Maybe he's right, his arguments are certainly interesting and thought-provoking.

The scary part is knowing that Trump will almost certainly be the next U.S. President, simply because Biden is not up to it.

1 hour ago, onetrack said:

his arguments are certainly interesting and thought-provoking.

The thought that it provoked in me was that the MAGA mob are keen to fire back with verses from the Bible and demand that the State becomes subservient to Christianity (which sect is not specified, but probably not Catholicism), yet the pages of the Book of Revelations and other locations referencing the antiChrist seem to have fallen from their Bibles.

• Informative 1

Doesn't matter which GOD it is. The supervisor was told by  the truck driver who killed four Vic police officers on the Eastern Freeway that the truck was unroadworthy, and the driver admitted her was sleep deprived and under the effects of drugs. He told the driver it was OK for him to drive, because he "had prayed for him to be protected." The supervisor was not charged. Legal is not Justice.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

37 minutes ago, facthunter said:

Where'd that come from.? We are  talking about Trump.  Nev

Is it just me, but (apart from the occasional thresd hijack), the Trump thread and the Putin thread seem to be converging?

Those two names get very similar comments.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nomadpete said:

Is it just me, but (apart from the occasional thresd hijack), the Trump thread and the Putin thread seem to be converging?

Those two names get very similar comments.

They're joined at the hip.

• Like 1

Tonight on ABC Kids, they showed an old episode of QI with Jerry Springer as one of the guest panellists. A geographical question, What is America's biggest fault?, was asked. Quick as a flash, someone called out Donald Trump. Jerry gave it the thumbs up.

• Like 3

I also saw a meme on Facebook with Kermit the frog making unflattering remarks about the driver of the car next to him. The next frame showed Joe Biden as the other driver.

10 out of 12 comments were in favor of Biden, specifically that at least Biden could drive. Donald always get driven everywhere except on the golf course, where he drives a golf cart to get ahead of his opponents, so he can cheat.

• Informative 1

There's a U.S. bloke named Tom Nichols, he taught U.S. Constitutional Law at Military colleges, he explains in this podcast just how frighteningly easy it could be for Trump to manipulate the U.S. Military into giving him loyalty, instead of the Military staying non-political, and being loyal to the Constitution. Shades of Hitler corruption and criminality, right there. 

Corrupt the countrys military to get their allegiance to you as the countrys figurehead by inserting loyal followers into prime military positions, and you're home and hosed as a dictator.

https://www.theatlantic.com/podcasts/archive/2023/12/how-trump-could-manipulate-military/676341/

Edited by onetrack
  • Informative 1

26 minutes ago, onetrack said:

Corrupt the countrys military to get their allegiance to you as the countrys figurehead by inserting loyal followers into prime military positions, and you're home and hosed as a dictator.

It works in Russia and a lot of other countries. Trump seems to idolise dictators.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, onetrack said:

The tinder to start a civil war is definitely being heaped up. Unfortunately, we can't sit back and say, "Dumb Yanks. Let's let them destroy themselves and we will sit back and watch". Quite simply, a civil war in the USA, even if it is confined to the 48 contiguous States, will see the collapse of the whole of the world economy. It would usher in a generation's length period of economic turmoil which the rest of the world will, I am optimistic enough to believe, drag itself from and reinvigorate to pre- civil war levels, but without the former USA being the force it is today.

Beyond Thunderdome?

• Informative 1
  • Sad 1

While there’s plenty of talk about a civil war,  you need two sides to have fight. So far all the talk seems to be coming from the MAGA team. There doesn’t seem to be anyone else interested in heading to the battlefield, so who are they going to attack?

• Informative 1