Don't get me wrong here, But I LIKE Donald Trump.

Phil Perry

You end up with hate intolerance and people of different Parties not Marrying  or considering the other sides point of view at all. Throw in  ASSAULT weapons available freely and you Have what you're getting in the US. A close to dysfunctional COUNTRY with an uncertain future. Certainly NO SHINING example of a democracy.That's LONG GONE. . IT didn't JUST happen either. The NEW cult Religions of Capitalism and greed unfettered to cause war inevitably as a consequence over  the race for an advantaged Position for the Traditional "GOODIES" who  want to Keep how bad they are out of  sight .  MORE Billionaires  anyone? The gap grows EVER wider  and Lora Norder is trotted out again.  when people are homeless and starving  in the RICH Countries ..Nev

Edited by facthunter
  • Agree 1

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The New York Times did a detailed analysis of Trump's speeches and concluded that the strategy he uses to convince his followers that he is their savior is pretty formulaic and predictable.  It boils down to:

·         He grossly distorts his opponents’ records and proposals to make them sound unreasonable.

·         He exaggerates and twists the facts to make his record sound better than it is.

·         He relies on both well-worn and fresh claims of election rigging to suggest he can lose only if his opponents cheat.

·         He has turned his criminal cases into a rallying cry, baselessly asserting that he is being persecuted by his successor.

·         He makes unverifiable claims about what the world would have been like had he secured a second term.

·         He describes the United States as a nation in ruins.

The article gave examples of each, but that's what it boils down to. It's astounding that his followers can't see how he cons them.

Edited by rgmwa
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

It's not that big a suprise from a country that allows a 16 year old to buy machine guns but won't let you drink till your 21.

Not that we should laugh too much...

We elected scumo Morrison.

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

A Kennedy campaign director was addressing supporters and told them the primary goal is to ensure Biden isn't elected. She said Biden is the common enemy of both the Republicans and the Kennedy team. Kennedy is bleeding votes from Trump and Biden, but more so from Biden. The campaign director went on to say that in the states that the Republicans can't win, votes should be given to Kennedy to stop Biden reaching the needed 270 electoral college votes to win. She said if no candidate reaches the minimum, congress decides who will be president, and as it's a Republican majority, they'll pick Trump. So either way, Trump winning outright or Kennedy getting enough votes so that no candidate reaches the 270, it's win/win for Trump.

If Kennedy wins the election for Trump, the likely reward would be a position for Kennedy in the Trump administration. As if one nutcase wasn't enough. Kennedy for health secretary.

• Sad 2

The Arizona Supreme Court may just have sealed Trump's fate.

One of the most contentious topics in the US is abortion. There was enormous anger when Arizona overturned Rowe vs Wade, a landmark decision of the U.S. Supreme Court in which the Court ruled that the Constitution of the United States generally protected a right to have an abortion. The decision struck down many abortion laws, and caused an ongoing abortion debate in the United States about whether, or to what extent, abortion should be legal, who should decide the legality of abortion, and what the role of moral and religious views in the political sphere should be.

Arizona was deciding on an amendment similar to one passed in Florida and Minnesota which allowed abortion up to the 15th week, particularly for victims of rape. This has been overruled meaning the ban applies from conception. This is strongly rejected by many female voters. Arizona has decided to hold a referendum on the matter on the same day as the Presidential election in November. This will result in huge numbers turning out to vote, which is not compulsory in America, and the feeling will not be in favour of the Republicans. Many other swing states are expected to react similarly, which is definitely not in the interests of Trump. It will be interesting to watch.

• Informative 1

How come you Blokes use that term and there's no problem and when I do I'm given a hard time by one of the moderators for it. I must be some kind of pushover. . OH well It is said "the Meek shall inherit the Earth" That will be some consolation.  Nev

Edited by facthunter

Hey OME. Do you remember when Bowen grew a beard. I emailed him urgently  saying He looked like Rasputin and next I saw he had shaved all of it off..

Another mate I had I said GEEZ TONY you look like a "Talking Armpit" Same result Overnight. I'LL have to be careful with my immense Power or we might end up with a crowd of "beardless wonders".  Nev.

Trump acts like a complete moron a lot of the time, but I can't see how a moron could attain so much power. I think he has deep seated personality disorders and mental health issues, but I'm not sold on the stupidity part. I think he's smart enough to know if he acts like moron, morons will follow him (and vote for him). It's as if he's banking on morons outnumbering non morons come election time. When you see how his followers carry on at his rallies and public appearances, it's obviously a cult following. They don't care about the content of what he's saying. All they want is the weird stuff - the facial gestures, the idiotic dance, the strange incoherent sounds of his voice and the continual playing of the imaginary squeezebox accordion. All he has to do is make a weird sound or gesture and people cheer like crazy. It's scary stuff.

• Like 1

I am convinced Bush was a smart man, playing the fool.

the fool persona gives a lot of leeway with the public.

Trump I think is cult of celebrity. I dont think he has the intelligence, he has the brand.
no one else has the recognition he has. and people assume as he is rich and powerful it was on merit...

he has been ruthless, and gained power through it like a mobster.

no question he does backroom deals and underhanded actions.

I don't think he is any smarter then his appearance - in fact he is probably the most honest politician in what you see is what you get.

he just as a person is unprincipled.

what really annoys me is his
"this wouldn't happen if I was president" bullshit not being called out.

no follow up, no requests to justify the statement.

for the love of god someone ask him how and why. what would he have done different or how would he stop it

• Like 1