Well known personalities who have passed away recently (Renamed)

onetrack

Jimmy Buffet, the singer and composer of "Margaritaville" and "Come Monday" has passed away at age 76. Geez, all my favourite rockers are dying like flies!

Jimmy was an extremely successful businessman as well as a great songwriter and singer. He was a favourite artist of mine, and I still have cassette tapes of his songs.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-09-02/margaritaville-singer-jimmy-buffett-dies-aged-76/102807820

Edited by onetrack
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it had to come, and I know a lot on here probably won't be a fan, but that venerable Aussie Rules personality, Ron Barassis has sadly passed away at 87 years of age. Although a tough man, and possibly enforcer status of the game, he was quite a personality on and off the field.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I can still remember an employee cracking a joke about Ron Barassi in the early 1970's. It went like this ....

A couple of blokes were looking at a flooded MCG after a really heavy downpour. The water covered the ground.

Suddenly, a figure appeared in the distance, carrying a football, and walking on the water.

One bloke says, "Whoa! Is that Jesus Christ that's walking on the water out there?"

And the other bloke replies, "No, it's just Ron Barassi - he just thinks he's Jesus Christ!"

• Like 1

Geoffrey Walsh Davies (15 December 1938 – 13 July 2023) was an English actor.

He is best known for his role as Dr. Dick Stuart-Clark in the hugely popular British television comedy series Doctor in the House (1969–1970). He is the only member of the original cast to have performed in all the sequels, Doctor at Large, Doctor in Charge, Doctor at Sea, Doctor on the Go, Doctor Down Under - filmed in Australia - and Doctor at the Top.

Geoffrey Davies

• Informative 1

Actor David McCallum, who became a teen heart-throb in the hit series The Man From U.N.C.L.E. in the 1960s and played the eccentric medical examiner Ducky in the popular NCIS series 40 years later, has died at the age of 90.

McCallum died on Monday of natural causes surrounded by his family at New York Presbyterian Hospital.

David McCallum: 86 today!

• Informative 2

• 2 weeks later...