Well known personalities who have passed away recently (Renamed)

onetrack

I often wonder at what point, or for what reason, Rogerson went from a genuine good cop, and turned into a common murderous crim? His innate morality and ethics must have been weak from the very beginning. 

• Like 1

The irony is that if he was making a heap of money from criminal activities, he didn't exhibit wealth. He lived in a modest house in a blue collar suburb. I think he owned a Cherokee, but that's no worse that having a membership in a posh golf club. When I met him he was quite an affable sort of bloke. My meetings were just because he happened to be visiting one of his friends who ran a welding business I was taking repairs to.

I see that Channel 7 has acquired a copy of the Police Occurrence Pad entry relating to the death of Lanfranchi. The incorrectly call it his "statement". It's not. It's a summary of the circumstances and a checklist of who was told about it; who collected crime scene evidence and who dealt with the Report of the death to the Coroner. He might have signed it, but that is only as the creator of the entry on the Occurrence Pad. It could not be used in a Trial because, technically, it wasn't made of his "free will" . Making the entry was a requirement that had to be met to follow procedural rules. In other words, making the entry was a job requirement.

• Informative 2

• 2 weeks later...

Quite possibly. Not many recall that roller skates in that era needed to be adjusted with a key. She had a new pair of roller skates, and he had a brand new key. He had what she wanted, she said. Take that in any number of ways.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/30414/11-modern-antiques-todays-kids-have-probably-never-seen

Edited by onetrack

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Steve Harley, Cockney Rebel frontman, dies aged 73.

Steve Harley, the frontman of the British rock group Cockney Rebel, has died aged 73.

The English singer and songwriter, best known for his 1975 song Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me), had been receiving treatment for cancer. He died at his Suffolk home on Sunday morning.

Stephen Malcolm Ronald Nice (27 February 1951 - 17 March 2024), better known by his stage name Steve Harley, was an English singer and songwriter, best known as frontman of the glam rock group Cockney Rebel.

• Informative 2

• 2 weeks later...

Louis Gossett Jr., who won an Academy Award for his performance in “An Officer and a Gentleman” and an Emmy for the groundbreaking miniseries “Roots,” has died at age 87, according to a statement from his family.

• Informative 3

On 30/03/2024 at 4:15 PM, red750 said:

Victorian youth worker Les Twentyman dies aged 76, after dedicating years to social justice causes.

Les is that rare individual who actually deserves a state funeral.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...

One of the founding members of legendary Aussie rock band The Masters Apprentices has died after a six-year cancer battle.

Gavin Webb, the band’s bass player, was in the group from its beginnings in 1965 until 1968, later joining them again for a series of reunion shows.

• Informative 2