Well known personalities who have passed away recently (Renamed)

onetrack

I always liked Dame Edna, Sir Les, and also the Bazza Mackenzie movies. Years ago, I had the Bazza Mackenzie comic books. I can't remember if the movie was made from the book or vise versa. Bazza's trip to France was notable. He got full (as usual) on the way over on the ferry and chundered over the top deck railing onto a rich old lady's miniature poodle on the lower deck. When he heard the commotion, Bazza looked over the rail, saw the dog in a pile of chunder and said "Strewth, I don't remember eating that", and the story just went downhill from there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

OK.. Everyone.. No breaking hips!

Too late Jerry!
After I broke mine last August I was laying in a recovery ward full of other old farts with new hips. One old lady visitor wandered over to my bed and cheered me up immensely by saying her hubby had also broken his hip; and was dead inside six months!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

They were All people of considerable talent at a time where strict social mores were being addressed. Don's Party is quite gross but these things were new territory at the time. My view of Barry was even a bit mixed at the time but things were not easy to navigate then. Going to  England was almost a no brainer to expand from the Limits of  where Australia was at and you were talented enough to go with it.. When you live in Europe for a while you realise how Australia is a place "down there" that doesn't make headlines in Europe very often.  Nev

• Like 2

I remember the banana boat song from when I was a kid. The song was released in 1956. I just looked it up. It is a traditional Jamaican folk song with the verses repeated multiple times with "Day-o, day-o" and "Day, is a day, is a day, is a day, is a day, is a day-o" interspersed throughout. I've never forgotten it. A great man, musician and civil rights activist. He was a vocal critic of G W Bush and Trumps policies.

Work all night on a drink of rum
(Daylight come and we want go home)

Stack banana 'til the morning come

Come Mister tally man, tally me banana

Lift six foot, seven foot, eight foot bunch

A beautiful bunch of ripe banana

Hide the deadly black tarantula
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Marty_d said:

My wife changed the words a bit.  She sings "Hey Mister Taliban, tally me a story", but she's a bit strange with lyrics...

As an encore she could do "“Pardon me Roy, is that the cat that chewed your new shoes?".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The way I understand pancreatic cancer, it is often very aggressive, and usually doesn't present symptoms until it's spread to the adjacent organs. I think it's very close to the liver and small intestine. My cousin's wife lived five weeks after diagnosis with it. You hear of a lot of people like that; they've probably had it for a fair while and not known it due to lack of symptoms.

• Informative 1