Well known personalities who have passed away recently (Renamed)

onetrack

22 hours ago, red750 said:

I'm not getting a hip operation. George Pell is also described as dying from complications from a hip operation.

Seems there’s a lot of it about. When mine was done in August, I was in a room full of old people recovering from hip replacements. Among the vistors was a nice old lady who came over to my bed and proceeded to describe how her hubby had died within a few months of breaking his hip. Great encouragement!

• Haha 1

True, Marty. But we must remember, he was, in the end, exonerated of the charges. Are we to say our High Court may have been tainted, or, that where there's smoke, there's fire even if the evidence of flames did not meet the evidential requirements of the law?

BTW, not guilty does not equal innocent. It merely means the case lacked the lawful evidence to convict.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

It merely means the case lacked the lawful evidence to convict.

And I say that the Judge perverted the course of Justice by not allowing time and motion evidence material into evidence. I believe that such evidence would have shown that, in the time available, the alleged offence could not have taken place.

And let me  emphasise that, although I believe Pell to have been a rock spider, in reference to this particular allegation, and only this allegation,  I believe that nothing happened. That belief is based on that excluded time and motion material.

• Informative 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, pmccarthy said:

Similarly, I believe that Prince Andrew was stitched up in that photo with the young girl which I think is a fake…

Quite likely, PM. I doubt that the deviant who organised young girls for famous rich old blokes did it just for fun; lots of opportunities to take pix and video to blackmail them with. That’s one reason I decided not to become rich!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, old man emu said:

Was she wearing a bikini bottom?

Of course she wore a bikini bottom. What do you think they were? Prehistoric savages with no dress sense?

Actually, I must admit I don't remember seeing a whole lot of the film at the time. I was too busy seeing if I could remove the tops and bottoms of my attractive drive-in partner.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, onetrack said:

Actually, I must admit I don't remember seeing a whole lot of the film at the time. I was too busy seeing if I could remove the tops and bottoms of my attractive drive-in partner.

Having just seen that woeful trailer for the first time, I think you made a good choice.

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1