Damn this weather

red750

Fed up with this constant rain and strong winds.

We have a leak in the roof which has caused water to drip through the ceiling. Called SES - no one injured, no fallen trees, not an emergency. Called one roof company - booked out till February. Called another, came, looked gave a quote. Time - Monday fortnight. Insurance company contractors booked out.

24 minutes ago, old man emu said:

Problem is that Pete isn't a young bloke anymore and can't go climbing on rooves to knock in a few nails or spread a tarp.

Yes, I was going to suggest a fit young bloke with a tube of roof & gutter silicone. A bit hard (and unsafe) to do in wet weather is the only problem. Plan B - the saucepan.

This government Should order more water tanks for Anyone  that Can use it.

After all water Is Australia's most precious commodity.

The gold miners  of old spent big on a gallon of water. Making mr Furphy very wealthy. AND a 1977 Furphy water tank end, has sold for :  $17,000..

spacesailor

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Wonderful weather, we got more rain on Thursday than in the whole of February, which is usually our wettest month. Our dam has just filled, usually it is full by the end of Feb, but not this year. Everything looks green which is a change from the gold of dry grass. The problem is the graziers don't have enough cattle to feed on it, having had to destock because of the drought. So much for them doing well with high prices, I suppose they can sell their breeders at a high price and make the vegans happy. The paddocks will turn into lantana forests and be unusable, rather like out National Parks are doing.

10 hours ago, spacesailor said:

It,s bludie NOISY  ,.

I,m shouting over the Drumming rain.

SO. DO you go outside when it hails.  We can,t hear the tv when hail hits the carport.

spacesailor

Ceiling insulation tends to cut down the noise a bit.  We love the sound of rain on the roof though.  (Which is good, because we're in Tassie.)

Truly got all 4 seasons in one day today.  Started with snow, went to bright sunshine, back to rain, sunshine, hail, sunshine, snow, sunshine, rain.  If you don't like the weather down here, just wait 15 minutes.

Edited by Marty_d
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Marty-d

Sounds just like Wellington NZ. Only difference is Wellington has the " lazy wind ", 

Doesn't go around you, but goes straight through you, to chill you to the bone.

Derby UK, Cold starts at your toes, then up to the rest of you !. ( chilblanes, first stage of frostbite ).

spacesailor

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

6 hours ago, Marty_d said:

Started with snow,

It's bloody November! Is that normal for where you are?

Oop here, it has been unseasonably warm. Last week, when I took off for work at 3:30am, it was 12 degrees and by the time I got to London, it was 14 (normally it cools down a bit).

All that hot air from the north flowing from COPED, I guess.

• Haha 1

I'm intrigued by the unseasonable strong winds blowing through Sydney. As a kid we expected the strong winds in August, but to get them in November is rather strange. Also it is raining so much and so heavily. I think this time last year I was watering down the dust in my backyard. Now I'll mowing it at least twice a week, between rain storms.